Help Me - How much does a small wind generator cost ?

Mr.Restless

Senator (1k+ posts)
flying1.jpg

Jaisa k aap sub jantay hein pakistan main eswqt electricity crises chal raha hai..es silsilay main apki help darkar hai,,
meri monthly electricity consumption 300units hai,es k lea ager small WIND energy generator lgaya jay to uski cost kitni ay ge aur uski capacity kia ho ge..plzz koi dost calculation k sath answer kre..thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

insaf-seeker

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Help Me

Wind k liye tao buhat se factors dekhnay hon gay, sub say pehlay tao jiss jaga per aap rehtay hain wahan wind kitni hai congested areas mein tao waisay he nahin lag sakta yeh. I would recommend you to consider solar panels instead of wind mill.

PkRevolution

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Help Me - How much does a small wind generator would cost ?

@Mr.Restless

Inform me how much is your consumption in watt/month or kw/month? I don't know units calculations.

Spartacus

flying1.jpg

Jaisa k aap sub jantay hein pakistan main eswqt electricity crises chal raha hai..es silsilay main apki help darkar hai,,
meri monthly electricity consumption 300units hai,es k lea ager small WIND energy generator lgaya jay to uski cost kitni ay ge aur uski capacity kia ho ge..plzz koi dost calculation k sath answer kre..thanks

ambroxo

Minister (2k+ posts)

frds if u have wind in ur area the cheapest way of powergeneration is wind turbine
u can made it at home , function is just opposite to a DC motor But
u can buy more efficient complete assembly in round about 300 which can generate 500W
or buy atleast generator rest made at home (home made desi generators r not so efficient )

if u have constant wind in ur area. u can use off grid assembly (with out battery ) which will be then more cheaper

Wind k liye tao buhat se factors dekhnay hon gay, sub say pehlay tao jiss jaga per aap rehtay hain wahan wind kitni hai congested areas mein tao waisay he nahin lag sakta yeh. I would recommend you to consider solar panels instead of wind mill.

flying1.jpg

Very easy solution: Gid rid of affat named Zardari and your problems will allievaited

aliasghar81

MPA (400+ posts)

Solar pannel is not feasible atleast for now. I have worked on alternate energy and a rough cost would be initial investment of 25-30 lac rupees just to generate
2-2.5 kw of energy which means one small ac some fans and lights, fridge and tv. Not to mention cost of replacing batteries every two to three years is enormous.

For wind energy you are right a complete study of area is required based on several years data to see average wind speed through out the year. only then feasibilty can be done but its much cheaper then solar. Usually coastal areas are best place for that.

Last edited:

Mr.Restless

Senator (1k+ posts)

average wind speed= 18 km/h
solar system of same wind capacity is costly..

Mr.Restless

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Help Me - How much does a small wind generator would cost ?

@Mr.Restless

Inform me how much is your consumption in watt/month or kw/month? I don't know units calculations.
i dont know how to convert kw to units.i just know that if i use 40 watt bulb for hour it becomes 1 unit and 60watt bulb for 1 hr is 2 units..in this way my average consumption is almost 300-400 unit..following link can help u in calculation..http://www.pepco.gov.pk/bill_consumption.php

PkRevolution

1KW/1000W Windmill Generator for Home Use

US $ 428 - 557 /Set FOB Preis

1200 Watt inverter will cost you around 130 $ direct from factory

Controller between 100-250 $

Specification:

1,Rated power: 1000W
2.Rated voltage: 48V
3.Rotor diameter: 3.1m
4.Start-up wind speed: 2m/s
5.Cut-in wind speed: 3m/s
6.Rated wind speed: 9m/s
7.Furing type: Mechanism
8.Rated rotating rate: 400r/m
9.Generator work way: magnetic saturation
10.Blades material: fiber glass
11.Guy cable tower height: 6m
12. Free stand tower height: 8m
13.Suggested battery capacity: 12V200AH, 2pcs
14.Matched inverter type: sine wave

Further you need following equipment- Loadbox is not necessary.

3844b5f3b54d1b73015bbfa3b3bfd2e9.JPG

Last edited:

sngilani

Solar panels are better for Pakistan. Get advantage from India. Indians are producing more electricity from Sun. They are thinking to sell it to Pakistanis. Raja Rental type people will buy it happily with few kickbacks.

Click here to see:
Solar power set to shine in India

Indian government has set a target of adding 20,000MW capacity by 2020 under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM). The flow of private investments into the country's solar sector has already seen a seven-fold jump to $4.2 billion in 2011.

Ref: Times of India

Last edited:

PkRevolution

Solar panels are better for Pakistan. Get advantage from India. Indians are producing more electricity from Sun. They are thinking to sell it to Pakistanis. Raja Rental type people will buy it happily with few kickbacks.

Click here to see:
Solar power set to shine in India

Solar PAnells are very easy to make yourself. You don't need to go to india- They need many more years to produce quality solar panels. Most of Indian companies are buying solar cells from abroad and just assembling parts together. China has overtaked Germany in this field and they are now the largest producer of solar and wind energy products.

What do you need to make a solar panel at home?

- Solar cells
- Tabbing wire
- Bus wire
- Flush pen
- Solder
- Aluminium frame
- Glass
- Back sheet

Believe me, it is very simple to make a solar panel by yourself. Study youtube.

Solar cells can be bought from chinese companies. Flush pen helps during soldering process and makes it easier.
Rest all equipment can be bought in Pakistan.

sngilani

Solar PAnells are very easy to make yourself. You don't need to go to india- They need many more years to produce quality solar panels. Most of Indian companies are buying solar cells from abroad and just assembling parts together. China has overtaked Germany in this field and they are now the largest producer of solar and wind energy products.

What do you need to make a solar panel at home?

- Solar cells
- Tabbing wire
- Bus wire
- Flush pen
- Solder
- Aluminium frame
- Glass
- Back sheet

Believe me, it is very simple to make a solar panel by yourself. Study youtube.

Solar cells can be bought from chinese companies. Flush pen helps during soldering process and makes it easier.
Rest all equipment can be bought in Pakistan.

Ohh lol.. You missed my point. I was telling you that Indians are thinking to sell electricity to Pakistan produced from sun and Pakistan's current government would buy it just for 10% kickbacks. hahahahaha

Tribune
Observer

Last edited:

sngilani

Pakistan and India are to begin technical talks for installing the joint electricity transmission system between Amritsar and Dina Nath, Lahore. Pakistan is at present facing 5000 MW power deficit and is currently in talks with India for import of 1000 MW of electricity. It is pertinent to mention here that one decade ago, Pakistan was surplus in electricity and in talks with India to export 1000 MW of the electricity.