Help! Im in love with a divorcee

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
happy-couple-640x480.jpg

This feeling of being in love could just be curiosity mixed with attraction.
Dear Miss Informed,

I am desperately in love with a guy who is not aware of my feelings for him.

He is a divorcee with two kids who dont live with him. Rumour has it that he is not willing to re-marry, but I dont know how true this is.

For the past year and a half, I have been weighing the pros and cons about what life would be like with him since marrying him means the children come along too.

But I am okay with this.
He is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

How should I ask him about his marriage plans? He is a distant cousin and we are not close enough for me to ask him such a personal question.

Although he is on my Facebook, ours is a very formal friendship. We usually just discuss business.

I have discussed this with my family and they seem fine with the idea, but due to social restrictions I cant make the first move.

I am running out of time since I am moving to the US by the end of this year.

Should I say something?

I need your help.
Sincere regards,

Desperately in love
Dear Desperately in love,

Yours seems to be a classic case of infatuation. Relative or not, being Facebook friends with someone whose conversations with you are limited to business advice means that you barely know this person. Therefore, this feeling of being in love could just be curiosity mixed with attraction not a solid foundation for you to be building the proverbial castle in the air.

Before you act upon this, there are several questions that need to be addressed.
Is he even interested in a second marriage?

Hes had one unsuccessful marriage and the rumour about his reluctance regarding another one may very well be true. Marriage scares a lot of men and a divorced man is much more likely to be hesitant about tying the knot than anyone else.

Why did he get divorced in the first place?
You may have heard the his ex-wife was a hormonal cow story from his family (your relatives) but you should understand that there is more to the story than the obvious and no, I am not a paranoid aunty.

Find out his ex-beloveds side of the story; did he abuse her? Is he an alcoholic? Did he cheat on her? Is he gay? Before you consider jumping into something serious, you need to consider what the grapevine is churning about this guy (or any guy you consider marrying for that matter).

While I agree that you shouldnt believe everything you hear and your personal interaction with him is going to help you figure him out better than anything else; you shouldnt completely dismiss what her family is saying about him.
Will he respond?

Show you are interested in a subtle way; try and meet him so you can have a face to face conversation. If he is willing to meet you (knowing that you are interested in being in a relationship with him), talk to him about his life and his plans and figure out if he is open to dating.

Do not ask him to marry you; it will be a premature move at this point given that neither of you knows each other very well.

Besides, your questions regarding his feeling towards you are mere speculations; you have no clue whether he is interested in getting married to you or to anyone else.

Bottom line: theres no harm in taking a chance and indicating that you are interested without using the words marriage and love. Remember, you are the one running out of time since you are leaving the country not him. So think things through, and try to develop something more than a Facebook friendship.

Do you have a problem that you cant solve all by your lonesome? Miss Informed is here to help! E-mail her at [email protected]

views expressed by the writer and the reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of The Express Tribune.

Posted by
Miss Informed
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/5017/help-im-in-love-with-a-divorcee/

Senator (1k+ posts)
باجوہ ! شادی کر لو یار.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the friendly advise! Hopefully you will hear some thing nice in near future. Consultations are underway with an old flame who needs protection for herself and the only kid. My spouse and grown-up children are all mature and recommend it. Only reluctance is from myself as we are "a happily married couple" and i'm hesitant to take over her business responsibilities! Hope agains hope that a few among this forum members will understand my state of mind! having 'crush' for some one is another thing and going away from the loved one is crucial step. Pray for me to take a prudent decision.

Senator (1k+ posts)
this could easily be done through a common friend . just convey and wait. it is so simple.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My only choice is "Wadaich' as he's trustworthy, able, sincere & a man of sound credentials who understands me and my nature better than few intellectuals on this forum having a shallow practical experience and just going after the things with all stupidity a man can muster! I am seeking some ones next of kin so better talk and behave sensibly! Trust, I'm loud & clear!

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My only choice is "Wadaich' as he's trustworthy, able, sincere & a man of sound credentials who understands me and my nature better than few intellectuals on this forum having a shallow practical experience and just going after the things with all stupidity a man can muster! I am seeking some ones next of kin so better talk and behave sensibly! Trust, I'm loud & clear!
Good.....Bajwah , whadiach is good , he is your jutt bhai too....I could feel it. I know Bajwahas r little more sophisticated , wadiach are little desi... ( may be I am wrong)

But yar Bajwah , if u could justified among two families. then do it....Otherwise one in the hand is better than two in the bushes.

In this case u will be having two families and u will be divided....

Good luck , Allah give you the right thought....

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the friendly advise! Hopefully you will hear some thing nice in near future. Consultations are underway with an old flame who needs protection for herself and the only kid. My spouse and grown-up children are all mature and recommend it. Only reluctance is from myself as we are "a happily married couple" and i'm hesitant to take over her business responsibilities! Hope agains hope that a few among this forum members will understand my state of mind! having 'crush' for some one is another thing and going away from the loved one is crucial step. Pray for me to take a prudent decision.

What Bajwa Sahib means to say is that both things are seperate
and can go on simultaneously;)

Senator (1k+ posts)
Baajwa chawlaan na maaro jinaab, dil aa jay to shadi kar lo....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wah Paya Janay Ya Ra'ah Paya Janay"! May you get entangled in such a mesh to understand the pain of others? Remove your glasses and stare at the 'rising Sun''! What shall be your feelings if your father is in My Shoes?

Senator (1k+ posts)
Good.....Bajwah , whadiach is good , he is your jutt bhai too....I could feel it. I know Bajwahas r little more sophisticated , wadiach are little desi... ( may be I am wrong)

But yar Bajwah , if u could justified among two families. then do it....Otherwise one in the hand is better than two in the bushes.

In this case u will be having two families and u will be divided....

Good luck , Allah give you the right thought....
_____________________________________________________________________--
Now you got it! Lady belongs to my own clan and shares a lot of common inheritance! But is 'possessive' by nature whereas, I'm a thunderous storm........!

Senator (1k+ posts)
??????????????????(thumbsdown)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So many question marks "pakhtoon pardesi"! Understand your genuine worry! Where there is hard to 'Buy' a single wife (even divorcee) I am talking about another? It's definitely a 'Luxury' by your standards, if not gone overseas!

Senator (1k+ posts)
kuj samajh nahi aaee bajwa bhayya.. is post ka maqsad?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Send me your exact "Date of Birth". Only date & month (Year is not needed) by PM. I will tell you the 'Natural Habits" you had acquired by birth (explaining the things you might not realize or understand at this very moment). My offer is OPEN to all other fellow members "Who wish to check whether I had some genuine "knowledge" in this sphere/field too?