Donald Trumps foreign policy: Get tough with Saudi Arabia

hans

Banned
donald-trump.jpg

Donald Trump talked foreign policy Monday, slamming President Obama and Republicans for an unwillingness to “get tough with Saudi Arabia.”

“Gasoline prices are going to go to $5, $6, $7 and we don’t have anybody in Washington that calls OPEC and says, “Fellas, it’s time. It’s over. You’re not going to do it anymore,” Mr. Trump said during an appearance on “Good Morning America.”

“I’m going to look ‘em in the eye and say, “Fellas, you’ve had your fun. Your fun is over,” the real estate mogul added.

It’s the latest comment made by Mr. Trump in reference to America’s foreign policy. The potential Republican presidential candidate has called for a 25 percent tariff on Chinese goods, winning him a lot of attention as he weighs a presidential run in 2012. The New York Republican has also criticized the Chinese for manipulating their currency, saying the tactic is costing America jobs.
“They have manipulated their currency so violently towards this country, it is almost impossible for our companies to compete with Chinese companies,” Mr. Trump told CNNMoney in January.
trump-youre-fired.jpg

United4Pak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Does he know that Saudi doesn't equal to OPEC? Not that I am a big fan of Saudi style of government but Saudis have always supported US whenever there was shortage of oil due to crisis in Iraq or Libya etc.

If he puts 25% duty on chinese products then it will increase inflation in the US which poor people won't be able to cope. Chinese will impose duties on American products as a tit for tat and if pushed could try to take out their reserves in trillion dollars making the dollar to plummet. I don't think anyone in the US or China wants that.

Unicorn

Banned
I wonder what this guy is going to do with his get tough talk. Sorry we are not going to buy your oil.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
and if pushed could try to take out their reserves in trillion dollars making the dollar to plummet. I don't think anyone in the US or China wants that.

Only Chinese don't want that because they know how much trillion dollars value once the dollar plummet?