Defence may raise objections, court orders Zia to record statement

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
l_140659_083715_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The accountability court hearing the corruption cases against former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his family ruled that former Panama case probe team head Wajid Zia will record his statement in the Avenfield properties case.

The deposed prime minister on March 20 had petitioned to seek clarity on what all can be submitted by Zia when the court resumed hearing the Avenfield properties reference against Nawaz, daughter Maryam and son-in-law MNA Capt (retd) Safdar.The court noted that the defence lawyer could raise objections, as was his right, however a decision on those objections would be made later.

The judge presiding over the case remarked that the former head of JIT could not comment on whether the defendant was guilty or not and the court would form its own opinion, which would not depend on Zia's opinion. During the hearing, Zia, a serving additional director of the Federal Investigation Agency who headed the joint investigation team (JIT) which probed the Sharif family's assets last year on the Supreme Court's orders, resumed recording his statement and submitted several documents that are part of the JIT report.

Nawaz's counsel had earlier objected to several of the documents submitted by Zia and sought clarity on what all Zia can present in court. The counsel had claimed the Zia could not submit certain sections of the JIT report as they are either irrelevant to the case or contain analysis and opinion.

The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had filed three interim corruption references against the Sharif family in September last year in light of the Supreme Court's July 28 verdict in the Panama Papers case. The bureau recently filed supplementary references in all three cases as well.

The former JIT head has been recording his statement in the case since the last three hearings. He has also submitted in court several key documents that the JIT acquired during its probe into the Sharif family's assets.

The cases

The trial against the Sharif family had commenced on September 14, 2017.The corruption references, filed against the Sharif family, pertain to the Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Hill Metal Establishment, offshore companies including Flagship Investment Ltd, and Avenfield properties of London.

Nawaz and sons Hussain and Hasan are accused in all three references whereas his daughter Maryam and son-in-law MNA Capt (retd) Safdar are accused in the Avenfield reference only.The two brothers, based abroad, have been absconding since the proceedings began last year and were declared proclaimed offenders by the court

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

RajaRawal111

اوووو ہووووو ---- اگر جے ای ٹی کے خیالات نکال دیے اور صرف ثبوت مانگے گئے تو یہ رپورٹ تو چوسی ہوئی گنڈیریاں ہی ہو کر رہ جاۓ گی

پر کیا کریں - یہ رپورٹ تو سڑکوں پر ناچوں اور جاہلوں کو خوش کرنے کے لئے تھی - ورنہ سپریم کورٹ بغیر ٹرائل کے ہی ان چوروں کو جیل نہ بھیج دیتی ؟؟؟ کون سا مشکل ہے نئی نئی تعریفیں کر کے نئی روایات بنانا اس ملک میں

There is only 1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
فوج ، جے آئی ٹی ، عدلیہ اور عمران خان کو کوسنے یا کردار کشی کرنے سے کچھ نہیں ہو گا صاف صاف بتاؤ کہ تمہاری بنک کی کوکھ میں یہ کن کن کے نطفے پل رہے ہیں ؟

SahirShah

Minister (2k+ posts)
چلو اتنا ناراض ہونے کی کیا ضرورت ہے ؟
ثبوت نہیں بھی ملے یا مل بھی گۓ تو آپ کو کون سی عقل آ جانی ہے ؟
آپ بھی کوئی نئی تاویل ڈھونڈ کر شریفوں کے در پر ہی سجدہ ریز ہوں گے

ویسے ایک مرتبہ پھر.....ثبوت شریفوں نے دینے ہیں کسی اور نے نہیں
:bigok:

اوووو ہووووو ---- اگر جے ای ٹی کے خیالات نکال دیے اور صرف ثبوت مانگے گئے تو یہ رپورٹ تو چوسی ہوئی گنڈیریاں ہی ہو کر رہ جاۓ گی

پر کیا کریں - یہ رپورٹ تو سڑکوں پر ناچوں اور جاہلوں کو خوش کرنے کے لئے تھی - ورنہ سپریم کورٹ بغیر ٹرائل کے ہی ان چوروں کو جیل نہ بھیج دیتی ؟؟؟ کون سا مشکل ہے نئی نئی تعریفیں کر کے نئی روایات بنانا اس ملک میں

Wake up Pak

Yeh Sharif nahi Badmaash hain aur paagaal patwari ab bhi in ko defend kar tay hain...

Raseedan kaddo rsaeedan. idhar udhar key na hanko....

Zaidi Qasim

More than ever, the people of Pakistan have recognized what is being played inside the Courts. The recent comments of SC Judge rightly pointed out the void which was intentionally created by Khosa Court against NS in Panama hearings. Slowly but surely, the propaganda tide against the NS is turning around and the people get to see the real faces of people who were staying behind pulling Judges strings.

surfer

More than ever, the people of Pakistan have recognized what is being played inside the Courts. The recent comments of SC Judge rightly pointed out the void which was intentionally created by Khosa Court against NS in Panama hearings. Slowly but surely, the propaganda tide against the NS is turning around and the people get to see the real faces of people who were staying behind pulling Judges strings.

Hmm, not sure about that. People of Pakistan are also seeing sharifs spectacularly failing to provide any money trail for their flats, so far...

RajaRawal111

جناب شاہ جی آپ میرے اوپر اپنے کچھے اور بنیان چوری کرنے کا عمرانی الزام لگا دیں - اور جی ای ٹی اس کی تصدیق کر دے کہ سارے سفید رنگ کے ہیں - پھر آپ مجھ سے ان کی رسیدیں مانگیں تو میں تو پھاہے لگ گیا نا

میں اگر کسی دوسرے عام جاہل انصافی سے بات کر رہا ہوتا تو رہنے دیتا پر آپ مختلف ہیں --- آپ ہوا میں باتیں کرنے کے بجاے مجھے انگلینڈ کے قانون میں سے یہ ڈھونڈھ کر دکھا دین کہ کسی کمپنی کو کتنے سال تک اپنا ریکارڈ رکھنا لازم ہے - پھر آگے چلیں گے

چلو اتنا ناراض ہونے کی کیا ضرورت ہے ؟
ثبوت نہیں بھی ملے یا مل بھی گۓ تو آپ کو کون سی عقل آ جانی ہے ؟
آپ بھی کوئی نئی تاویل ڈھونڈ کر شریفوں کے در پر ہی سجدہ ریز ہوں گے

ویسے ایک مرتبہ پھر.....ثبوت شریفوں نے دینے ہیں کسی اور نے نہیں
:bigok:

RajaRawal111

You know how this judiciary express its shame and calls it a judicial murder when they remember Bhutto case which was decided under same pressure from same avenues.

It will not take them too long to start expressing their shame in this case as well.
Especially when they will see that the PMLN is still live and standing in masses as ever.

Zaidi Qasim

Hmm, not sure about that. People of Pakistan are also seeing sharifs spectacularly failing to provide any money trail for their flats, so far...

I don't expect you to be sure, that would be a surprise. However, by seeing the desperation and the inclusion of fresh Lota from the market, I can see where the lota bus is heading ... and the people of Pakistan can make the journey easy by pushing it down the ditch even faster .

Zaidi Qasim

You know how this judiciary express its shame and calls it a judicial murder when they remember Bhutto case which was decided under same pressure from same avenues.

It will not take them too long to start expressing their shame in this case as well.
Especially when they will see that the PMLN is still live and standing in masses as ever.

Raja Sahib. The insane acts of desperation from the Lota Party is a clear proof of their nervousness. Just sit quit and watch these freaks. Don't give them a drop to drown . Just enjoy ... Liaqat ....Lol...... Yaar Hud hai . :lol: .

surfer

I don't expect you to be sure, that would be a surprise. However, by seeing the desperation and the inclusion of fresh Lota from the market, I can see where the lota bus is heading ... and the people of Pakistan can make the journey easy by pushing it down the ditch even faster .

None the less, as per accountability court law sharif's still have to provide a money trail. All the lotas coming and going will not change that fact :)

RajaRawal111

Zaidi Qasim

None the less, as per accountability court law sharif's still have to provide a money trail. All the lotas coming and going will not change that fact :)

lets be clear about it. The Election will not be won on the basis of NAB sordid decision. Neither you can claim the victory without getting the PM post. The people of Pakistan are the ultimate decider of the fate of Pakistan . What I have said and what the people can see and know will have the impact on the result of the future election. Lota bus or trash can, the reality of the change is getting so much more clear everyday. . Enjoy, Naya Pakistan with Amir Liaqat .. :lol:..

surfer

lets be clear about it. The Election will not be won on the basis of NAB sordid decision. Neither you can claim the victory without getting the PM post. The people of Pakistan are the ultimate decider of the fate of Pakistan . What I have said and what the people can see and know will have the impact on the result of the future election. Lota bus or trash can, the reality of the change is getting so much more clear everyday. . Enjoy, Naya Pakistan with Amir Liaqat .. :lol:..

Who cares about elections, I'm more interested in nawaz cases - finally a corrupt liar is being exposed, and instead of providing money trail as required by law, everyday he is coming and crying on the steps of the court. He might be fooling dumb nooras, but rest of the country is watching nawaz being exposed for the corrupt liar that he is :lol:

Even his sons are afraid to come to his help....thats just sad...

Zaidi Qasim

Who cares about elections, I'm more interested in nawaz cases - finally a corrupt liar is being exposed, and instead of providing money trail as required by law, everyday he is coming and crying on the steps of the court. He might be fooling dumb nooras, but rest of the country is watching nawaz being exposed for the corrupt liar that he is :lol:

Even his sons are afraid to come to his help....thats just sad...

Really ? You need to read what the other Judges are saying about the SC decision. The bottom line is that the people of Pakistan have fully understood what kind of dog breakfast is being cooked in the courts and they are made aware of the puppets and their strings. I really enjoy your faithful refusal to accept the demise of Tsunami train under the load of lota bus. It has stuck in to your throat and the inclusion of known corrupts can't be swallow easily. So what you do ? Drop the claim of bringing the change ... Lol .... Enjoy Amir Liaqat with Naya Pakistan . :lol:. Misery likes the company .

surfer

Really ? You need to read what the other Judges are saying about the SC decision. The bottom line is that the people of Pakistan have fully understood what kind of dog breakfast is being cooked in the courts and they are made aware of the puppets and their strings. I really enjoy your faithful refusal to accept the demise of Tsunami train under the load of lota bus. It has stuck in to your throat and the inclusion of known corrupts can't be swallow easily. So what you do ? Drop the claim of bringing the change ... Lol .... Enjoy Amir Liaqat with Naya Pakistan . :lol:. Misery likes the company .

I'm glad you are finding enjoyment on a topic I have not even posted on - for some reason you think I'm bothered by Amir joining PTI -doesn't bother me - mainly cause I'm not a PTI fanboy nor am I here to defend them :).

I equally enjoy your fantasy where you think some grand conspiracy is going on in the courts. Not one of the other judges have said anything about the NAB cases going on, or anything similar to that the cases should end. Again, please don't reply on Maryam's twitter feed for your news :lol:

Bottom line is, as of today, sharif's still have to provide money trail....your fantasy of judges turning around and apologizing to nawaz and him being carried out on the shoulders of people straight into the PM house is just that...a fantasy. The only way out for sharif's is to provide a money trail.

Zaidi Qasim

I'm glad you are finding enjoyment on a topic I have not even posted on - for some reason you think I'm bothered by Amir joining PTI -doesn't bother me - mainly cause I'm not a PTI fanboy nor am I here to defend them :).

I equally enjoy your fantasy where you think some grand conspiracy is going on in the courts. Not one of the other judges have said anything about the NAB cases going on, or anything similar to that the cases should end. Again, please don't reply on Maryam's twitter feed for your news :lol:

Bottom line is, as of today, sharif's still have to provide money trail....your fantasy of judges turning around and apologizing to nawaz and him being carried out on the shoulders of people straight into the PM house is just that...a fantasy. The only way out for sharif's is to provide a money trail.

Wow. Not a PTI supporter... I can gather the truth ... Check out your posts and see what the writing is on the posts . I do not indulge with fantasy and a very pragmatic person who can see what is the mood of the people in Pakistan. The anti Nawaz Campaign of lota party can't sustain the ugly truth of their own lota inclusions and yet they are issuing a sermon and try to change the history of Pakistani Judiciary and the collusion of its leaders with the corrupt top generals of Pakistan army. Only the poties can do it. The hypocrites of today .

surfer

Wow. Not a PTI supporter... I can gather the truth ... Check out your posts and see what the writing is on the posts . I do not indulge with fantasy and a very pragmatic person who can see what is the mood of the people in Pakistan. The anti Nawaz Campaign of lota party can't sustain the ugly truth of their own lota inclusions and yet they are issuing a sermon and try to change the history of Pakistani Judiciary and the collusion of its leaders with the corrupt top generals of Pakistan army. Only the poties can do it. The hypocrites of today .

Yes, please check my posts. 90% will be cussing nawaz, but that doesn't make me a PTI fanboy. It is possible to be anti-nawaz and not pro-PTi. But to be honest, I will vote for PTI in 2018 (simply because they are not as bad as PMLN)....but that doesn't mean I have to defend everything PTI does (and I usually don't - check my posts)

You're still missing the main point. Whatever campaign a lota or non-lota party is running, the fact is that sharif has ended up in NAB courts, and as per NAB laws, the onus is on sharif to provide the money trail, which so far he has not done. And don't forget that sharif was the first one who wrote to SC to form a judical commission to investigate Panama leaks....but the poor idiot didn't think that he would be the first one to be investigated, or he didn't realise that it would be an actual investigation and not the usual "call a judge and get a verdict" type trial

Even now, all he has to do is provide the money trail for the flats...after all if he is innocent, it shouldn't be too hard to do....no?