Customs duty on solar products import to Pakistan-?

PkRevolution

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
solarPowerElectric.jpg

May be somebody can help me, i would like to know:

How much is the customs duty on solar products import to Pakistan, if a Pakistani Ltd. company want to import solar products from abroad?

I know earlier there was no duty on Solar Power plants but there was duty on solar equipment.

How is new regulation after current budget? Does any body know?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Last edited:

Believer12

even i need more details regarding solar panals. cost for a unit which can provide energy to a house? its maintainence and where in Punjab available this system?

crowbar

Senator (1k+ posts)
even i need more details regarding solar panals. cost for a unit which can provide energy to a house? its maintainence and where in Punjab available this system?

The solar penals are not that expensive but the original batteries specifically manufactured for solar systems are way high price. just to quote an example for better understanding, PTCL is using solar systems in those areas where there is no electricity, like, waziristan, some areas in northern areas and baluchistan. Just one battery would cost you more then one hundered thousand rupees in 1995.Generally ,people use the batteries used in cars and trucks which cannot retain power for so long and are not durable. you have to change them frequently which is quite cost affective bargain.

PkRevolution

The solar penals are not that expensive but the original batteries specifically manufactured for solar systems are way high price. just to quote an example for better understanding, PTCL is using solar systems in those areas where there is no electricity, like, waziristan, some areas in northern areas and baluchistan. Just one battery would cost you more then one hundered thousand rupees in 1995.Generally ,people use the batteries used in cars and trucks which cannot retain power for so long and are not durable. you have to change them frequently which is quite cost affective bargain.

3KW (3000watt battery) costs 363 Dollar (times 1.3, if not meets the minimum order quantity + delivery charges)