Canadian Info Reqd

Khalid

Minister (2k+ posts)
I have got FSW visa, I am planning to do my first landing in the month of Oct 2013, and duration of my stay will be one week. I need some advice.

1. What documents are required to get prepaid SIM, and from where I can get it in Toronto.
2. Ill appreciate if someone can suggest me hotel/guest house near to Metro/Public transport.

Thanks and Regards.

barca

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
haan, kafi tagra agent hai ... us ka naam hai "Khalid" ... aap abhi 2 saal wait karo jab 18 k hojao tub contact kurna ... ;)
پا خالد مجھے بڑا شوق ہے کینڈا جانے کا کوئی ٹپس دو مجھے بھی جانا ہے

Shameel Khan

Councller (250+ posts)
Congratulations on the visa and best of luck with your trip.
You should select a guest house in the area of Brampton or Mississauga since they are close to the Toronto Airport and fairly cheap as compared to main Toronto.They have cheap guests houses, also you can find shared accommodation for low price. Brampton has the main bus stop just next to the mall which goes to Toronto downtown n everywhere else, plus the metro as well.
It has couple of malls, Brampton has one in which you can find many shops offering SIMs but you dont need to go for the big operators. In toronto, you cannot find pre-paid SIMs like Pakistan, you will have to buy a monthly package. In the Brampton mall, there are agents who will give you SIMs on cheaper rates/packages which will be handy for you.

salaudin

Senator (1k+ posts)
1 - They do ask for SIN card for SIM and I am guessing you may not have the SIN number the time you land (as it takes a couple of days to get them). But if I can recall, the prepaid sims may well be available without the SIN card (I guess if you argue that you are visiting here). Check either stores that says Fido, Rogers, Bell, Wind (I do not know where exactly you would be living so I cannot guide you to the nearest mall). Usually every mall or plaza would have at least one of them.
2 - The cheapest hotels I know are in Mississauga but Mississauga does not have any subway system (only buses. A mass-transit system is under construction). A better place for a week visit would be closest ( NOT in :) ) to your relative/friend's place. (Islami Jamhooriya) Thorncliff would be a good place to live for a week but I cannot think of a hotel near the vicinity. There are some near Sheradin Center near QEW/Erin Mills (which is Mississauga) and that place also have a considerable desi population. and the hotels are comparatively inexpensive.

Let me know if you need any further information.

salaudin

Senator (1k+ posts)
Congratulations on the visa and best of luck with your trip.
You should select a guest house in the area of Brampton or Mississauga since they are close to the Toronto Airport and fairly cheap as compared to main Toronto.They have cheap guests houses, also you can find shared accommodation for low price. Brampton has the main bus stop just next to the mall which goes to Toronto downtown n everywhere else, plus the metro as well.
It has couple of malls, Brampton has one in which you can find many shops offering SIMs but you dont need to go for the big operators. In toronto, you cannot find pre-paid SIMs like Pakistan, you will have to buy a monthly package. In the Brampton mall, there are agents who will give you SIMs on cheaper rates/packages which will be handy for you.

I guess if he asks, they may give a prepaid SIM. Once a friend of mine got it but again that was like 7 years ago. It may not be available at all now.

@Khalid
Usually people get the monthly bill and generally on a contract. The prepaid SIM system is "almost" non-existent in TO.

Khalid

Minister (2k+ posts)
thanks ... i dont have any friend/relative in Canada, Islami Jamhooriya sounds good to me, if possible please let me know their site/price/how to make booking..

1 - They do ask for SIN card for SIM and I am guessing you may not have the SIN number the time you land (as it takes a couple of days to get them). But if I can recall, the prepaid sims may well be available without the SIN card (I guess if you argue that you are visiting here). Check either stores that says Fido, Rogers, Bell, Wind (I do not know where exactly you would be living so I cannot guide you to the nearest mall). Usually every mall or plaza would have at least one of them.
2 - The cheapest hotels I know are in Mississauga but Mississauga does not have any subway system (only buses. A mass-transit system is under construction). A better place for a week visit would be closest ( NOT in :) ) to your relative/friend's place. (Islami Jamhooriya) Thorncliff would be a good place to live for a week but I cannot think of a hotel near the vicinity. There are some near Sheradin Center near QEW/Erin Mills (which is Mississauga) and that place also have a considerable desi population. and the hotels are comparatively inexpensive.

Let me know if you need any further information.

barca

thanks ... i dont have any friend/relative in Canada, Islami Jamhooriya sounds good to me, if possible please let me know their site/price/how to make booking..
خالد بھائی مسلہ ہی کوئی نہیں میرے جاننے والا ہے آپ کو آکر لے جائے گا

@Adeel

For accommodation check out www.kijiji.ca. As soon you land in Toronto go to Service Canada Center and apply for SIN card. Sin card will arrive in 2 weeks but you will get number right on spot. Cheapest option for you to get a cell phone is to get through Chatr or Moblicity . Do not go for Rogers, Bell or Telus it will ripped you off .

aykay47

Banned
Tips tou sir jee main deta huun per pehlay yeh batau kay barcelona kay haalaat kharab hain ya kia? and what visa are u on there? got the resident visa or still some longterm?

پا خالد مجھے بڑا شوق ہے کینڈا جانے کا کوئی ٹپس دو مجھے بھی جانا ہے

barca

Tips tou sir jee main deta huun per pehlay yeh batau kay barcelona kay haalaat kharab hain ya kia? and what visa are u on there? got the resident visa or still some longterm?
جب سے میں آیا ہوں بارسلونا کے حالات خراب سے خراب تر ہوتے جا رہے ہیں
مجھے ویزا چاہیے سستے والا

cheapest and genuine visas are for Australia ( lots of open categories to coose from) and Canada, but canada updates its allowed categories every year, on top of tht canada now have very few categories... take your pick.. fillout forms, submit...if you qaulify YOU WILL GET VISA no need of agents

aykay47

Banned
sasta visa tou visit wala he hua karta hai.... student visa tou kharcha seen he hota hai... try visit visa and then go illegal ;) taisee ke aisee , two wrongs dont make a right but hamaray mulk kay haalaat inhi ke wajah say kharab hain, so once u get a visa of any western country, go ahead with ANY thing, or kuchh naheen hota tou container aali sarkaar aala PHD aala visa lay lo, nod to the wise ;)

On serious note, cheapest visas would be for ecuador or chile, but surely nobody would go for them, though things are not that bad there

barca

sasta visa tou visit wala he hua karta hai.... student visa tou kharcha seen he hota hai... try visit visa and then go illegal ;) taisee ke aisee , two wrongs dont make a right but hamaray mulk kay haalaat inhi ke wajah say kharab hain, so once u get a visa of any western country, go ahead with ANY thing, or kuchh naheen hota tou container aali sarkaar aala PHD aala visa lay lo, nod to the wise ;)

On serious note, cheapest visas would be for ecuador or chile, but surely nobody would go for them, though things are not that bad there

یار آسٹریلیا اور کینڈا کا ویزٹ ویزے کے لیے طریقہ کار اور ڈاکومنٹس بتاؤ آسان اردو میں
چلی اور ایکوڈور سے بہتر ہے میں جرمنی یا ناروے چلا جاؤں

aykay47

Banned
I have no idea about germany or norway, but chile and ecuador have jobs, blue collar ones, easily available. if u r able to find white collared elsewhere, i would say go for it but I dont think its that easy.

Canada, Australia or any other country has normally 2 3 basic things for a visit visa

in the application, dont write VISIT, write HOLIDAYING or PLEASURE

show enough funds, in your bank, use a bank statement where u have had SOME money for long time....

arrange accomodation, or tentative accomodations, means hotel book na karwau, but yeh bata do stay kahan per karo gay, uss ka aik din ka kiraya kitna hai or tumharay paas uss hisab say paisay changay hain

یار آسٹریلیا اور کینڈا کا ویزٹ ویزے کے لیے طریقہ کار اور ڈاکومنٹس بتاؤ آسان اردو میں

aykay47

Banned
One more important thing is : achha lagay ya burra lagay i dont mind

try to get a diploma of plumbing, or any other skill u can easily acquire. If no skill u can acquire, I would receommend plumbing as its very easy in THESE countries, plastic ke fittings hoti hain and its NOT difficult at all..... net per kaafi literature mil jaye ga, diploma awaeen khud bana lo net per baith kar amir liaqat type ka, sawal jawab dhoond lo net say instead of spending useful time on siasat pk and once u reach any of those countries, use this skill and ur dialogue baazi skills together and surely u will get a job... InshaAllah