Business ideas in Canada (only people from Canada)

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hi every one,

As you all know that it's pretty tough to survive here in Canada with a normal job. I am looking to invest some money around $20-$30k from some extra income any safe options?

I wanted to buy a truck and let someone else drive but I can't as I don't have a truck license

any suggestions?

P.S Jokers and non-serious people please don't comment

Last edited:

INDUS1

MPA (400+ posts)
Hi every one,

As you all know that it's pretty tough to survive here in Canada with a normal job. I am looking to invest some money around $20-$30k from some extra income any safe options?

I wanted to buy a truck and let someone else drive but I can't as I don't have truck license

any suggestions?
i would advise not to invest in trucking industry unless you have a licence and driving experience in trucking industry. Though you will meet many people ,who will persuade you to put a truck in their company and you can earn 4 to 5 grands, but it wont work. my advice would be get a licence and be an owner operator in a reputed company

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Get some money and Invite Film, TV and Famous Singers and arrange a evening show. Each show will collect you lot of Money. Check out with Darshan Sahota . Invite some Punjabi folk singer to attract lot of Sikh Community .

miangan

MPA (400+ posts)
If you are in canada so my question is how you came to canada. In my point of you, you are a foolish guy or you making fun of people's

Awan S

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
To invest 20-30 k and get a handsome money every month is not an easy thing. I myself invested this amount of money in bank's balance investment portfolio which gives me profit 7 to 10 percent annually. This investment is a mix of bonds, mutual funds, oil and gas and properties and it may go up and can even go down. It is a balanced portfolio therefore investment is safe here and usually don't go down even in worst circumstances. If interested in this kind of investment talk to RBC or TD bank.

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
The issue is I don't wanna drive myself only I want to buy and rent the truck for someone else to drive

i would advise not to invest in trucking industry unless you have a licence and driving experience in trucking industry. Though you will meet many people ,who will persuade you to put a truck in their company and you can earn 4 to 5 grands, but it wont work. my advice would be get a licence and be an owner operator in a reputed company

INDUS1

MPA (400+ posts)
the last line in post is for you
Anyways Fawad sahib, i dont know what got you offended so much. I Understand the economic situation is not good in canada. You asked a question and i tried to awnser it with best of my knowledge.

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If you own a house get the basement finished off that money and rent out the basement, this is one of the ways many families are doing there in Canada, and yes it works

naeemk

MPA (400+ posts)
Hi every one,

I wanted to buy a truck and let someone else drive but I can't as I don't have a truck license

any suggestions?

[/QUOTE]
Get a gas station plus store in Texas on lease involve yourself full time in next 10 years you will own it with property , in Canada it's good for medical care and raise family away from GTA, choice is yours.

Raziacanada

Voter (50+ posts)
There are many aspects to be considered. You can not find a good ready made opportunity advertised on the sign boards suitable for such a little amount of investment. With this amount of money, you need to dig deeper. Try to collect scattered opportunities and make one customized solution. For example
Someone shared with me.

A part of small shop became available to subrent. IT was in front of a high school comprising of 600 students. Rent was very cheap. So location was an opportunity to utilize for something.

The person observed that students spend lot of money during lunch hours.

School tuck shop and a small food corner outside the school was extremely busy during lunch time.

Person decided to use the location to sell convenience items and some ethnic food during lunch hours.

The person continued his well paid job. He hired a full time employee to run the shop and assisted him partly.

The idea turned out success for him.

So hire your brain for yourself and carve a customized solution.

jigrot

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hi every one,

any suggestions?

I have a commercial licence but I do't drive trucks. If you have any one, hardworking and reliable driver, go fo it. Just learn about dispatching, it is not hard. Trucking business is good if you have a reliable driver available.

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
but I cannot buy a truck on my name until I have a license right ?

I have a commercial licence but I do't drive trucks. If you have any one, hardworking and reliable driver, go fo it. Just learn about dispatching, it is not hard. Trucking business is good if you have a reliable driver available.

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
There are many aspects to be considered. You can not find a good ready made opportunity advertised on the sign boards suitable for such a little amount of investment. With this amount of money, you need to dig deeper. Try to collect scattered opportunities and make one customized solution. For example
Someone shared with me.

A part of small shop became available to subrent. IT was in front of a high school comprising of 600 students. Rent was very cheap. So location was an opportunity to utilize for something.

The person observed that students spend lot of money during lunch hours.

School tuck shop and a small food corner outside the school was extremely busy during lunch time.

Person decided to use the location to sell convenience items and some ethnic food during lunch hours.

The person continued his well paid job. He hired a full time employee to run the shop and assisted him partly.

The idea turned out success for him.

So hire your brain for yourself and carve a customized solution.
I understand your point of view but for that, I have to leave my career job and focus full time on business only but I am not a business mind person I want to play safe