Bollywood?...no thanks!

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bollywood?...no thanks!
3-26-2011_1193_l.gif
(by Aasim Baig)

You belong to a rare species if you are 30 something and never tried to catch precious glimpses of Amitabh movies on your TV set via an aluminum antenna. You are even rarer if you remained ignorant (by choice or otherwise) to the growing Bollywood trends in the world cinema during the last couple of decades. Today consider yourself extinct of you cannot tell your Khans from Dutts. Being one of the survivors I am not sure if I am the last one to have resisted the Bollywood epidemic or there are others like me; viewing the inter/national movie scene like displaced dissenters hanging on to their last shreds of cinema perspicacity and common sense.

It was about 10 years ago when upon my friends insistence I brought myself to watch a few Indian movies: which were described by my friend in the terms, "you dont know love if you havent seen them". Well I cant say if I was able to have a deeper understanding of human affections but I did end up having a certain loathing towards popular Bollywood movies.

Discounting the generally mediocre, over the top acting, and the plot that mostly revolved around the boy meet girl scenario. Their presentation however did everything it could to repulse a new comer like me. Dont get me wrong, as I was weaned on musicals and I still had some fading recollections of Sound of Music and Mary Poppins to help me ease into the experience. But these ones caught me off guard. I just wasnt prepared for such ridiculous flights of fancy. While the lawn frolicking was there as expected, the sudden changing of the heros attire was just too difficult to forgive. He even appeared in an orangeyes an orange suit and tie, not unlike the one worn by Jim Carrey playing the human-cartoon in The Mask. And the girl was seemingly so attracted by his person that her dance movements reminisced a weird mating ritual of some prehistoric civilization, oddly coupled with western dance moves. And gestures that suggested nothing short of human worship. A male god in an orange suit and tie? I had seen enough. And enough to make me question, what message is being conveyed here? In a country with a population of teeming millions and threat of AIDS epidemic around the corner yet gratuitous reproduction is still encouraged?

To me it appeared strange that no womens rights activists bat an eye to this large-screen public disgrace of women. But certainly the sight of a pimped up half naked Khan (or the likes of) surrounded by a group of scantily clad girls in a lurid musical orgy was way too much to be overlooked. That is until I saw a similar scene with the roles changed. The latest hit song that is supposedly celebrating a girls javani has the heroine clad in a bed sheet, surrounded by half dressed (read disgusting) extras. At this point I was totally convinced that perhaps the Indian society actually has become accommodatingly liberal. A society in which men and women respect each others rights and do what Bollywood shows them doing. Sadly, the Indian newspaper headlines tell a different story. And like Pakistan, stories of rape, public humiliation and battery are the order of the day. And by the way the javani songs best bits turned out to be a rehash of an eighties Modern Talking number.

The argument here is not whether Hollywood is better than Bollywood or vice versa. The point of consideration here is that we as a nation have unquestioningly become addicted to all that is crass and subpar in entertainment. I am sure even Indian society must be suffering the dilemma of having a multi billion rupee entertainment industry in a poverty stricken country. Hence we see children from an early age being prepared to feed the ever hungry market instead of getting a proper education or perhaps maintaining some semblance of innocence in their lives. Sure, industry creates jobs but at what cost?

Upon asking a Bollywood movie fan regarding the afore mentioned song I got the reply, "When watching an Indian film we just shut our minds off and become a part of the on-screen fantasy". It appears that most of the movie audiences have no problem making themselves mentally challenged for the full two and a half hours. Four decades of inducement has to have some effect on their sensibilities. And regrettably has made them less resistant towards this disease of mental complacency. Unfortunately, I on the other hand, am not blessed with a superhuman-willing suspension of disbelief. And until the day I develop some, I gladly remain guilty of avoiding all things Bollywood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aasim is a freelance writer based in Karachi .He has been attached with prestigious publications and University Of Karachi for many years.

Unicorn

Banned
Any form of entertainment should be taken as entertainment only I watch a couple of them a year one is usually entertaining and other one is waste of time and I can say the same about Hollywood. I like the musical aspect of it. But overall I like films some documentaries and docudramas.

Films are source of income for thousands of people and they generate revenues for government that can be used for education.

Blaming movies for rapes and other crimes is incorrect there are no statics that support this.

If I was to rate Bollywood 0 worst and 10 best I wold rate it 6 and Hollywood 8. In my case money and time spent on this entertainment is worth I spent a lot more time on my hobby that is taking my 10 inch mirror scope and charting the night skies in fall and spring.

Last edited:

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I must confess I once watched bollywood movies and then thankfully my eyes opened and I realized what a waste of my time it was! Time,money and thought formation process. Now some of my foreign friends show me the ridiculous clips off and on and we all have a good laugh.

Senator (1k+ posts)
me and my family never watch bollywood films or any indian channel
May Almighty "Allah" (SWT) keeps you and your family 'steadfast'. Must confess, my human weakness to watch all sorts of films and objectionable 'material' though I'm now ammune but, sin remains a sin! Pray for me too, that I leave this habbit and continued practice...A'amen!

Star Gazer

I would like to take this opportunity to once again suggest that:
If all the Pakistanis living abroad just buy $ 10 worth of Pakistani products every month, from any store and then donate them to various organizations there, will be doing two wonderful things at the same time,
1 promoting the import of Pakistani products and thus creating jobs for people back home and.
2 contributing to the society that they live in by helping the poor.

Simple math could be 1,000,000 million Pakistani mulitplied by 10 = 10,000,000 dollars worth of imports over and above the usual every month. Total for the year could be over 100,000,000 dollars or equivallent for the nation of Pakistan.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
I would like to take this opportunity to once again suggest that:
If all the Pakistanis living abroad just buy $ 10 worth of Pakistani products every month, from any store and then donate them to various organizations there, will be doing two wonderful things at the same time,
1 promoting the import of Pakistani products and thus creating jobs for people back home and.
2 contributing to the society that they live in by helping the poor.

Simple math could be 1,000,000 million Pakistani mulitplied by 10 = 10,000,000 dollars worth of imports over and above the usual every month. Total for the year could be over 100,000,000 dollars or equivallent for the nation of Pakistan.
Looks like this is gonna self praising but to promote the idea I tell you we always buy desi grocery (masalas etc.) from Pakistani stores. Whenever we see any product tagged with made in Pakistan we try to buy it. We have to do it just for the country.
My wife stopped me to watch Indian movies, I confess, now we just watch Pak dramas and some hollywood kids comedies.

Imranpak

Bollywood is escapism that certainly has a terrible effect on impressionable youngsters who we see clearly dress and behave like these so-called stars! It propogates free sex outside marriage that is traditionally rejected by most people from the subcontinent!. It decorates violence as being cool and drugs unharmful so basically it's poison wrapped up in golden paper!. Bollywood actors are like pimps and the ladies glorified prostitutes who often sleep around with producers to secure a role in a big budget mostly flop movie!

Most Bollywood movies are massive flops where the makers end up losing instead of making money but like any bad habit it's extremely difficult for fans to quit when there is no other form of entertainment available other then that or cricket!. Indian Sikhs, who i regard as being very morally upright people are far more likely to ignore this rubbish for which they deserve credit hence we don't see many from their community participate in it.

India has produced some very good movies but now they cater for a western audience in there quest to prove how advanced a society they have become, in reality they suffer from a massive western complex that would make Gandhi scream from Mumbai to Goa!. I quit watching this nonsense ages back never to return because i want my future generations to be intelligent not ignorant!

You see India's idea of progress and modernisation is complete westernisation at the expense of their own culture that they're often ashamed off, they use Bollywood as a cover to conceal the massive poverty ,AIDS ,insurgency and prostitution in the country.

Last edited:

IndiaRocks

Banned
Who is this Aasim Baig?Indian movies are much better than the scum produced by syed noor and the crap that passes off as Paki dramas.If Bollywood was so bad,why r ur "ttalented" artists,queuing up to work here?The sad fact for u is that 90% of pakis love Indian movies n serials,even ur news headlines contain news on Indian actresses affairs!!and ur news channels play Indian music in newsclips!Pathetic losers!

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
Who is this Aasim Baig?Indian movies are much better than the scum produced by syed noor and the crap that passes off as Paki dramas.If Bollywood was so bad,why r ur "ttalented" artists,queuing up to work here?The sad fact for u is that 90% of pakis love Indian movies n serials,even ur news headlines contain news on Indian actresses affairs!!and ur news channels play Indian music in newsclips!Pathetic losers!
I agree, unfortunately we all do this, but still we have not adopted your invasion in our society. None of us have given any access to your cultural norms in our homes. We don't have rakhi bandhan, or karwa choth or whatever likes etc.etc.
Yes, we lack of entertainment in our movies. But our TV drama is still way ahead of your both TV and Films. I admit our actors go to India for acting, they are in financial crises so if they are given chance they go there.
But with the same token, isn't the reality that theses actors are better than yours that's why you invite them just to get popularity and better rating of your shows?
Umer Sharif and young singer Amanat Ali are enough to quote here.
I am not talking Veena Malik and Meera here. If you like take them and be happy.

Maryam.

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Bollywood is pathetic, enough said. No idea why so many Pakistanis are addicted to that crap? =/ Still fail to comprehend the reasoning behind that. I guess vulgarity and cheap, glamorous fantasies really sell these days.

Pakistani Dramas all the way - always were and still remain to be the best! Being a Pakistani drama fan since childhood, I can really go on and on about the quality stuff produced in Pakistan. Man, are we talented or what? Check out some stuff guys! I guarantee it'll be worth the time.

Maryam.

I'm sorry if I get a bit harsh on what I have to say but these are things I have never been able to tolerate. Anyhow: -

Bollywood is the biggest crap that India has to offer, I'm sorry but its reality so might as well deal with it. Cheap glamor, vulgarity, unrealistic stuff might seem like entertainment to some but more of the realistic and educated lot don't seem to think so. Bollywood has nothing to offer but obscenity and for someone who has some morals would not even imagine watching that stuff with or without their kids and family.

Syed Noor is definitely NOT the only producer/director/writer in Pakistan so why name him only? Did you forget or are you simply not aware of Mehreen Jabbar, Shoaib Mansoor, Shamoon Abbasi etc etc? Have you watched Khuda Ke Liye, Ramchand Pakistani? You call Pakistani dramas stupid but have you EVER watched a decent Pakistani drama in your life? Don't give me crap answers like dramas by Fahim Burney or some third class writer - they don't even represent 0.001% of the Pakistani Drama Industry. Do you have any idea about production houses like 7th Sky Entertainment, A & B Productions, Moomal Productions, Ever New Productions (just to name a few)? Have you ever heard of Umera Ahmad, Faiza Iftikhar, Seema Ghazal, Sarwat Nazeer, Samira Fazal, Zafar Mairaj, Haseena Moin? Babar Javed? Ahson Talish? Again, I'm only naming a FEW! If I were to name each and every single one of them it'll take me hours!

Moreover, before you start judging Pakistani drama or film on its quality or standard you might want to have a look at the following clips:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC60Y--PuY4

There are just SO many parts you should have a look at. 98% of the stuff in Bollywood is copied from elsewhere. Heck, they didn't even bother giving credit where its due! Music from Pakistan, stories from Hollywood. Where is the originality?! If our singers and actors go to India its because they represent Pakistani talent abroad! They lend that talent to people who can come up with pretty much nothing on their own if it hadn't been for Pakistani Music Industry or Hollywood movies. Your actors also suck! There is no such a thing as expressions in their acting, its not about delivering the dialogues at the end. Is every single woman in India always caked up with tons of makeup? Does everyone have a bungalow and big cars? The answer to that is: NO! You guys can't even show the real India in your dramas/movies! Pakistani dramas discuss realistic issues facing an average Pakistani on a daily basis. 99% of the time our dramas give us some sort of moral lesson to learn from. For us, its not about the saas-bahu conflicts, its not about getting someone killed, its not about looking glamorous all the time, its not about yet again another love story, its simply not about just pointless "so-called" entertainment. For us, its an art through which we discuss stuff and learn from it. It's more than what you perceive it to be.

Check this link out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9slCdquEQI&feature=player_embedded

This is DISGRACEFUL! Isn't she supposed to be one of the legends for you guys? She not only copied but also made it sound horrible! Pathetic!

I agree that we've got some cowards in Pakistani media who keep airing Indian songs and movies, but I have always criticized and continue to do so. Again, they DON'T represent all of Pakistani industry. Like I said in my other post as well, I guess vulgarity really sells these days. That's probably the only reason Bollywood gets viewership. Other than that, its classless!

Last edited:

Senator (1k+ posts)
I'm sorry if I get a bit harsh on what I have to say but these are things I have never been able to tolerate. Anyhow: -

Bollywood is the biggest crap that India has to offer, I'm sorry but its reality so might as well deal with it. Cheap glamor, vulgarity, unrealistic stuff might seem like entertainment to some but more of the realistic and educated lot don't seem to think so. Bollywood has nothing to offer but obscenity and for someone who has some morals would not even imagine watching that stuff with or without their kids and family.

Syed Noor is definitely NOT the only producer/director/writer in Pakistan so why name him only? Did you forget or are you simply not aware of Mehreen Jabbar, Shoaib Mansoor, Shamoon Abbasi etc etc? Have you watched Khuda Ke Liye, Ramchand Pakistani? You call Pakistani dramas stupid but have you EVER watched a decent Pakistani drama in your life? Don't give me crap answers like dramas by Fahim Burney or some third class writer - they don't even represent 0.001% of the Pakistani Drama Industry. Do you have any idea about production houses like 7th Sky Entertainment, A & B Productions, Moomal Productions, Ever New Productions (just to name a few)? Have you ever heard of Umera Ahmad, Faiza Iftikhar, Seema Ghazal, Sarwat Nazeer, Samira Fazal, Zafar Mairaj, Haseena Moin? Babar Javed? Ahson Talish? Again, I'm only naming a FEW! If I were to name each and every single one of them it'll take me hours!

Moreover, before you start judging Pakistani drama or film on its quality or standard you might want to have a look at the following clips:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC60Y--PuY4

There are just SO many parts you should have a look at. 98% of the stuff in Bollywood is copied from elsewhere. Heck, they didn't even bother giving credit where its due! Music from Pakistan, stories from Hollywood. Where is the originality?! If our singers and actors go to India its because they represent Pakistani talent abroad! They lend that talent to people who can come up with pretty much nothing on their own if it hadn't been for Pakistani Music Industry or Hollywood movies. Your actors also suck! There is no such a thing as expressions in their acting, its not about delivering the dialogues at the end. Is every single woman in India always caked up with tons of makeup? Does everyone have a bungalow and big cars? The answer to that is: NO! You guys can't even show the real India in your dramas/movies! Pakistani dramas discuss realistic issues facing an average Pakistani on a daily basis. 99% of the time our dramas give us some sort of moral lesson to learn from. For us, its not about the saas-bahu conflicts, its not about getting someone killed, its not about looking glamorous all the time, its not about yet again another love story, its simply not about just pointless "so-called" entertainment. For us, its an art through which we discuss stuff and learn from it. It's more than what you perceive it to be.

Check this link out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9slCdquEQI&feature=player_embedded

This is DISGRACEFUL! Isn't she supposed to be one of the legends for you guys? She not only copied but also made it sound horrible! Pathetic!

I agree that we've got some cowards in Pakistani media who keep airing Indian songs and movies, but I have always criticized and continue to do so. Again, they DON'T represent all of Pakistani industry. Like I said in my other post as well, I guess vulgarity really sells these days. That's probably the only reason Bollywood gets viewership. Other than that, its classless!

........................................................................................................................

[ZSHARE]
Congratulations! Nice attempt to sum up the events in an impressive manner. We need to keep our own house in order. Facts are harsh but we must admit our weaknesses too. No body demands us to watch "Indian Movies" but still they are shown in our movie houses as there is no other affordable entertainment for a common men. I confess, I watch few Indian moves after reading a review! Satisfactory aspect is hardly a few viewers are there in Cinema houses booked by film exhibitors/distributors being paid by "Indian" lobyists. Trust me, once I was the only spectator in "Empire" Cinema (Lahore) watching a most entertaing movie and SMS my spouse that I fear they will returm me the money to cancell the show as it's highly non profitable (Rather a big loss). Nevertheless, show went on and I enjoyed the movie in complete silence. Then it became a routine practice to relax in 'Air-Conditioned" Cinema Houses for 2-3 Hours in scorching heat for just Rs.150-Rs.200/- Film is an entertainment media and one must admit it. Problem is with Myrid private TV channels like GEO which telecasts new Indian movies free for their viewers. It damages our society's social and moral fiber. Vulgarity really sells these days and highly explosive XXX movies are being sold at just Rs.35-Rs.60 each in VCD/DVD cassettes at almost every where and our kids are almost addicted to it. Who will remove this spreading menance from our lower/ middle class when no body raises a voice against it after accepting it as a unavoidable routine. Do you part of the job and the reward will be kept assured with Almighty Allah. Cool down and relax your nerves. No news channel, forum is without Multinationals Ad's showing Indian Actresses in Glamourous style these days. Cat will not go away by closing our eyes! By no means, I'm justifying this Act!
[/ZSHARE]

Maryam.

........................................................................................................................

Congratulations! Nice attempt to sum up the events in an impressive manner. We need to keep our own house in order. Facts are harsh but we must admit our weaknesses too. No body demands us to watch "Indian Movies" but still they are shown in our movie houses as there is no other affordable entertainment for a common men. I confess, I watch few Indian moves after reading a review! Satisfactory aspect is hardly a few viewers are there in Cinema houses booked by film exhibitors/distributors being paid by "Indian" lobyists. Trust me, once I was the only spectator in "Empire" Cinema (Lahore) watching a most entertaing movie and SMS my spouse that I fear they will returm me the money to cancell the show as it's highly non profitable (Rather a big loss). Nevertheless, show went on and I enjoyed the movie in complete silence. Then it became a routine practice to relax in 'Air-Conditioned" Cinema Houses for 2-3 Hours in scorching heat for just Rs.150-Rs.200/- Film is an entertainment media and one must admit it. Problem is with Myrid private TV channels like GEO which telecasts new Indian movies free for their viewers. It damages our society's social and moral fiber. Vulgarity really sells these days and highly explosive XXX movies are being sold at just Rs.35-Rs.60 each in VCD/DVD cassettes at almost every where and our kids are almost addicted to it. Who will remove this spreading menance from our lower/ middle class when no body raises a voice against it after accepting it as a unavoidable routine. Do you part of the job and the reward will be kept assured with Almighty Allah. Cool down and relax your nerves. No news channel, forum is without Multinationals Ad's showing Indian Actresses in Glamourous style these days. Cat will not go away by closing our eyes! By no means, I'm justifying this Act!

I'm not justifying anything cheap/vulgar shown on Pakistani channels in case you misinterpreted my post. The poster was criticizing Pakistani drama hence I gave an answer back to that with some proofs regarding their own industry. You're not aware of it, but I always have and still continue to raise my voice against such obscenity in Pakistani dramas/shows as well. It would be very hypocritical of me to not say anything about our very own productions yet criticize Indian content. I know better than that so I do make sure I'm not having double standards. Again, I know what he said is true.. more than 70% of the Pakistani public is addicted to their stuff, didn't deny that. But saying that our drama is nothing is just a pretty absurd statement since he seems to he have absolutely no knowledge about our drama industry.

Also, Bollywood is still in our houses because WE allow it to be there! My entire family watches Pakistani content..father, mother, siblings..everyone! It's because we haven't made Bollywood our weakness, its because we have never tolerated such stuff to be watched in our family with kids around. I mean, at the end of the day...its all in our hands. Yeah, GEO, ARY and other channels need to stop airing Indian content. But wait..before we go ahead and blame them having a look at ourselves would be great..aren't we the ones who are dying to see them? Channels are after profits and they'll show anything to gain them. Isn't the public responsible for what's shown then? Why on earth do people think Pakistani content is inferior to Bollywood's? I come across that mentality so often and it never fails to tick me off.

Didn't mention it earlier as it would have been very off-topic but Bollywood has ruined the minds of young kids. Again, I can show you proof for that. They are forgetting their own language and speaking Hindi instead. Half the kids don't know who Qaid-e-Azam or Allama Iqbal were but they can go on and on about any Indian actor. This is shocking! We say these kids are the future of Pakistan, would you really want a future who has absolutely NO knowledge about the history of the nation? I wouldn't. It's destroying the moral fabric, its culturally invasive!

Anyways, film/drama may be just entertainment for you and many others. For me and people I happen to know, it isn't just that. Our culture is expressed in our Arts..and arts happen to be our media. Media does a lot more than you think, its not about entertainment alone. The thing you refer to as 'simply entertainment', is having such a negative impact on young kids and the youth of Pakistan. I find it wrong and I will continue to say its wrong; and this goes for both Pakistani and Indian content. Doesn't matter where its coming from, if it is wrong I will say so.

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bollywood is escapism that certainly has a terrible effect on impressionable youngsters who we see clearly dress and behave like these so-called stars! It propogates free sex outside marriage that is traditionally rejected by most people from the subcontinent!. It decorates violence as being cool and drugs unharmful so basically it's poison wrapped up in golden paper!. Bollywood actors are like pimps and the ladies glorified prostitutes who often sleep around with producers to secure a role in a big budget mostly flop movie!

Most Bollywood movies are massive flops where the makers end up losing instead of making money but like any bad habit it's extremely difficult for fans to quit when there is no other form of entertainment available other then that or cricket!. Indian Sikhs, who i regard as being very morally upright people are far more likely to ignore this rubbish for which they deserve credit hence we don't see many from their community participate in it.

India has produced some very good movies but now they cater for a western audience in there quest to prove how advanced a society they have become, in reality they suffer from a massive western complex that would make Gandhi scream from Mumbai to Goa!. I quit watching this nonsense ages back never to return because i want my future generations to be intelligent not ignorant!

You see India's idea of progress and modernisation is complete westernisation at the expense of their own culture that they're often ashamed off, they use Bollywood as a cover to conceal the massive poverty ,AIDS ,insurgency and prostitution in the country
...................................................................................................

Meaningful and subjective posts attract me and I try to read them at least twice to grab the real meaning for remembrance. Similarly, I am not a fanatic to hate others because of their culture, social practices and religion. All religious elements are having a similar hold on poor, ignorant, emotional & crazy masses who will blew themselves if told its a divine act. Things you hate in Bollywood are even more shameful in Lollywood. Never argue for the sake of argument, but guide others from the mistakes and follies you committed during your life provided you had sufficient exposure to hidden and Taboo relationships in society. Last but not least, human instincts are same whether you are a Muslim; Hindu; Christen; Jew: Buddhist or a non believer. What will happen to you (Muslims) if you see wealthy Saudis (Arabs) having watching Indian Movies gleefully and imitating all acts that are shown in blue films with none other than their own wives? Thats why I always suggest not being judgmental. You cant tell even 5% truth on public forum where the majority of members is immature, young & emotional (Carried away towards negative prospects). Didn't we too, conceal the massive poverty ,AIDS ,insurgency and prostitution in our Islamic country?

Senator (1k+ posts)
I'm not justifying anything cheap/vulgar shown on Pakistani channels in case you misinterpreted my post. The poster was criticizing Pakistani drama hence I gave an answer back to that with some proofs regarding their own industry. You're not aware of it, but I always have and still continue to raise my voice against such obscenity in Pakistani dramas/shows as well. It would be very hypocritical of me to not say anything about our very own productions yet criticize Indian content. I know better than that so I do make sure I'm not having double standards. Again, I know what he said is true.. more than 70% of the Pakistani public is addicted to their stuff, didn't deny that. But saying that our drama is nothing is just a pretty absurd statement since he seems to he have absolutely no knowledge about our drama industry.

Also, Bollywood is still in our houses because WE allow it to be there! My entire family watches Pakistani content..father, mother, siblings..everyone! It's because we haven't made Bollywood our weakness, its because we have never tolerated such stuff to be watched in our family with kids around. I mean, at the end of the day...its all in our hands. Yeah, GEO, ARY and other channels need to stop airing Indian content. But wait..before we go ahead and blame them having a look at ourselves would be great..aren't we the ones who are dying to see them? Channels are after profits and they'll show anything to gain them. Isn't the public responsible for what's shown then? Why on earth do people think Pakistani content is inferior to Bollywood's? I come across that mentality so often and it never fails to tick me off.

Didn't mention it earlier as it would have been very off-topic but Bollywood has ruined the minds of young kids. Again, I can show you proof for that. They are forgetting their own language and speaking Hindi instead. Half the kids don't know who Qaid-e-Azam or Allama Iqbal were but they can go on and on about any Indian actor. This is shocking! We say these kids are the future of Pakistan, would you really want a future who has absolutely NO knowledge about the history of the nation? I wouldn't. It's destroying the moral fabric, its culturally invasive!

Anyways, film/drama may be just entertainment for you and many others. For me and people I happen to know, it isn't just that. Our culture is expressed in our Arts..and arts happen to be our media. Media does a lot more than you think, its not about entertainment alone. The thing you refer to as 'simply entertainment', is having such a negative impact on young kids and the youth of Pakistan. I find it wrong and I will continue to say its wrong; and this goes for both Pakistani and Indian content. Doesn't matter where its coming from, if it is wrong I will say so.

............................................................................................

No sane individual will deny or differ with that what you stated above. I 100% concur with it. No arguments, whatsoever against it. As regards, GEO Network its identity, loyalty & interests are always against Pakistan. Impartial view point and no compulsions to agree with it. Staying abroad, "How we miss our country" and become patriotic is nothing new to me. What 'we' both believe and agree today is similar to that "Socrates" said in ancient times to his people. Still, there is another side of the coin!