Bahria Town Karachi - A Booming Time after Supreme Court Verdict Short Judgment.

Mr. A

MPA (400+ posts)
1553494363.jpg

The Supreme Court last week had reserved its ruling on whether or not to accept a fresh offer by the Bahria Town Private Limited to settle a case pertaining to its Malir or Karachi Super Highway project in lieu of payment of Rs 450 billion. Announcing its verdict on 21st of March 2019, the Supreme Court accepted the offer, which was raised to Rs 460 billion. Detail judgment yet to come.

Bahria Town Karachi will have to pay the entire amount over seven years. In the verdict, the top court ordered Bahria Town Karachi to pay Rs25 billion by August this year. From September onward, it will have to pay monthly installments of Rs2.25bn for the next three years. If the company fails to deposit two installments, Bahria Town Karachi will be considered a defaulter.

After three years, it will have to pay a 4% markup in case of late installments. The Bahria Town will also be required to give a 99-year lease to everyone who purchased a plot in Bahria Town Karachi housing project and will mortgage parks, cinemas and other assets owned by it.

Bahria Town's Defense counsel sought a period of seven and a half years to make the full payment, and also asked the Supreme court to allow the payments to be made to the Sindh government.

"If you want to make payments in seven and a half years then talk to National Accountability Bureau (NAB)," replied Honorable Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed.

Sindh government, which had insisted during the entire course of the case that it did not incur any losses, told the court today that it should be the recipient of the funds that are to be obtained from the builder.

"The money haven't come yet but squabbles have started already," Justice Saeed remarked. "We know where the money has to go."

The court further said that National Accountability Bureau (NAB) would not file references against Bahria Town Karachi as long as the latter complies with the order.

Malir Development Authority (MDA) defense counsel also requested the court to discard cases against Sindh government officials.

"Do you want that references should not be filed against those who misused their authority?" Justice Faisal Arab asked.

"The matter has [only] been settled with Bahria Town," clarified Justice Saeed, adding that if NAB wants to file references against other officials, it can petition the court. "We will decide after hearing both the parties."

Once the amount is paid in full, the court will pass a decision regarding the ownership of the land in accordance with the law.

The money will be deposited in the Supreme Court which will then be distributed as per the law, the order said. Bahria Town Karachi director has also been ordered to record a statement under oath regarding the payment.

Impact on Bahria Town Business:

On the 21st of March 2019, the day of verdict, A wave of happiness among all the plot owners, Investors, Real Estate agents observed. All of them are happy and celebrating the Supreme Court decision.

Bahria Town Karachi’s management turned all the street and parks lights on. Now a colorful life can be seen in Bahria Town Karachi. Around half of million people are linked to Bahria Town Karachi directly with their investments. Real Estate experts are praising this verdict but in the same time many of them are not taking it as a good decision because according to the NAB massive irregularities found in Bahria Town Karachi planning.

3rd Party Interest:

According to Law experts, Judgment is protecting 3rd party interests nothing else. Bunch of overseas Pakistanis invested their hard earned money in Bahria Town Karachi and were worried due to the case running in Supreme Court of Pakistan. Now they are all happy of this happy ending favorably.

Price Trends in Bahria Town Karachi:

After immediate the Supreme Court verdict announcement, prices jumped from 10% to 15% in few hours. Plot owners are now not interested to sell their plots and want to enjoy maximum financial benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't know why this thread starter keeps on posting stuff in favor of bahria town. Malik Riaz is a thug who understands to exploit the system and people.

He is indeed a thug but the only thug who got punished. Had he bought the land legally from Sindh Government it would cost him around 50 - 60 billions rs in 2013. Now he has to pay 380 billion rs as punishment for his greed. This will be a lesson for him. But if you visit Bahria Town, whether in Karachi or Islamabad area, you will realize it is the best and cleanest housing society in Pakistan. At least give credit where it is due

Mr. A

MPA (400+ posts)
He is indeed a thug but the only thug who got punished. Had he bought the land legally from Sindh Government it would cost him around 50 - 60 billions rs in 2013. Now he has to pay 380 billion rs as punishment for his greed. This will be a lesson for him. But if you visit Bahria Town, whether in Karachi or Islamabad area, you will realize it is the best and cleanest housing society in Pakistan. At least give credit where it is due
Good!

Khan125

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Haram ki kamaee gaee daulat se nekia kmana koi malik riaz se seekhey.

Khan125

I don't know why this thread starter keeps on posting stuff in favor of bahria town. Malik Riaz is a thug who understands to exploit the system and people.
hmaree bdkismati yahi hey k hm me khud farosh bohut paey jatey.... ore malik riaz jesey badkaro ore maashrey ki ghilazat ka difa krtey hain...
isee vaja se hmarey hukamran NS , zardari ,fazlurehman jesey ghaleez tareen log hoey.

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes, there is a lesson, that the justice system in Pakistan is for sale and can do adjustments according to your pocket size. Now be smart and do some basic calculation. We are talking about more than 16896 acres, i.e . 337920 canals. 460 billion/337920 = 136126 PKR for one CANAL piece of land After penalty. SHUT UP PLEASE

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes, there is a lesson, that the justice system in Pakistan is for sale and can do adjustments according to your pocket size. Now be smart and do some basic calculation. We are talking about more than 16896 acres, i.e . 337920 canals. 460 billion/337920 = 136126 PKR for one CANAL piece of land After penalty. SHUT UP PLEASE

u shut ur stupid mouth
have you bought land there? have u seen it physically? just blabbing here
do you know that land was barren and people were scared to go there before 2012 scared they will be kidnapped by gangs on the highway? Bahria did fraud and paid 3000 rs per kanal to Sindh Govt. They developled from their own money then. So if they pay 136000 rs per kanal now, it is already 30 times more. I think u must be 18 yr old immature person or a frustrated unemployed fool

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Haram ki kamaee gaee daulat se nekia kmana koi malik riaz se seekhey.
tell me what should me the correct solution then? dd you want the govt to demolish Bahria Town completely? more than 500,000 people would lose their land and homes? What about the investors who are making restaurants and business there? there was no other option other than paying fines for fraud and Sindh Govt people should go to jail. Infact even DHA should be taken to court for their fraud

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
u shut ur stupid mouth
have you bought land there? have u seen it physically? just blabbing here
do you know that land was barren and people were scared to go there before 2012 scared they will be kidnapped by gangs on the highway? Bahria did fraud and paid 3000 rs per kanal to Sindh Govt. They developled from their own money then. So if they pay 136000 rs per kanal now, it is already 30 times more. I think u must be 18 yr old immature person or a frustrated unemployed fool
why are so angry, are you beneficiary of this decision? This decision has set a very WRONG precedent, that justice can be traded in Pakistan. And you can multiply the proposed age by 2, and where I work, you will probably sell your piece of land to get there if that place ever can be traded.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
why are so angry, are you beneficiary of this decision? This decision has set a very WRONG precedent, that justice can be traded in Pakistan. And you can multiply the proposed age by 2, and where I work, you will probably sell your piece of land to get there if that place ever can be traded.

u asked why am i angry? it is because you told me to shut my mouth which was out of line
and it seems your age is same as mine, but you are hard headed. From my side, congrats on your career and may Allah give you more to have a good life

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
u asked why am i angry? it is because you told me to shut my mouth which was out of line
and it seems your age is same as mine, but you are hard headed. From my side, congrats on your career and may Allah give you more to have a good life
جناب آپ ایک انصاف کے متصادم فیصلے کے قصیدے پڑھ رہے ہیں۔ آپ کو ارشاد مقرر نہیں کہہ سکتا۔ اگر اس ملک میں ایسا چلنا ہے تو انصاف کی دیوی کے مجسمے کی آنکھوں پہ بندھی علامتی پٹی بھی اتار پھینکھو۔

Khan125

tell me what should me the correct solution then? dd you want the govt to demolish Bahria Town completely? more than 500,000 people would lose their land and homes? What about the investors who are making restaurants and business there? there was no other option other than paying fines for fraud and Sindh Govt people should go to jail. Infact even DHA should be taken to court for their fraud
Malik riaz shd pay back all the investors their money. Ore iskey baad corruption k case me is BC ko jail me daal dain.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Malik riaz shd pay back all the investors their money. Ore iskey baad corruption k case me is BC ko jail me daal dain.
but it is sindh government who sold him the land at cheap cost? should they not be the ones going to jail?