At Security Council Meeting,China Warns Israel Against West Bank Annexation

asad.kiyani

Senator (1k+ posts)
At Security Council Meeting, China Warns Israel Against West Bank Annexation

Beijing's envoy to the UN says the 'Palestinian people can always count on China’s support'

1018316866.jpg

The Chinese Ambassador to the Unite Nations joined Wednesday a growing voice in the international community expressing opposition to Israel's planned annexation of West Bank territories.

China is "deeply concerned about reports of the plan to annex part of the occupied Palestinian territory," said Ambassador Zhang Jun at a Security Council briefing on the situation in the Middle East.

"Such a plan, if implemented, will seriously violate international law and relevant UN resolutions, and imperil the two-state solution. We urge the relevant party to refrain from taking any unilateral actions, and do its best to de-escalate conflict and tension. It’s also our firm position that no country should support unilateral actions," said Jun, adding that "It is equally imperative to stop settlement activities, the demolition of Palestinian structures, and the violence against civilians."

https://twitter.com/x/status/1285618457392959488
Jun said that President Xi Jinping had recently spoken to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, and that China, "a sincere friend of the Palestinian people," supports the Palestinian call for internationally-mediated negotiations and is willing to consider taking part in them. "The Palestinian people can always count on China’s support to their just cause to restore legitimate national rights," he said.

Jun spoke after UN Special Coordinator Nickolay Mladenov, who briefed the member states on the latest development in Israel's plans to annex West Bank territories. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had set July 1 as the date to begin procedures but postponed his plan after coming across international and domestic resistance.

Netanyahu's government is currently grappling with a dramatic resurgence of coronavirus infections, a mounting economic crisis and mass popular protests against his leadership.

"With unemployment in Israel surging to over 20 percent, and with thousands of Israelis taking to the streets to demand greater financial support from their Government, many have highlighted the staggering financial and, potentially, human cost of moving forward with potential annexation plans.

"I reiterate the Secretary-General's call on the Israeli Government to abandon plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank," said Mladenov.

HSiddiqui

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Take that, all u China hating Muslims.
It is not the hate, it is a legit concern about Muslims mistreated in China.
China might have said something in favor of Palestine, but why are Muslims in China are living worst than slaves, this should be a concern and appeal to China by every Muslims to stop the abuse against Muslims.

Vitamin_C

Muslims still treated worse in East Turkestan than Palestinians are treated in West Bank.

Jazbaati

Minister (2k+ posts)
China trying to get the muslim countries on it's side knowing full well that the West has turned against it. Only problem is that their treatment of the Uighurs is unforgivable and the muslim countries should be ashamed of their silence.
Today on BBC Radio 4 the news reporter was talking about when they asked Imran Khan about the Uighur situation and he said he knew nothing about it and the Middle Eastern countries say China is doing the right thing cracking down on terrorism. The muslims value money over Islam it seems.

Last edited:

Ratan

Look carefully at the Chinese statement below:
The underlined & colored section of the statement is exactly in the context of India, Kashmir & Article 370.
Thank you China.

China is "deeply concerned about reports of the plan to annex part of the occupied Palestinian territory," said Ambassador Zhang Jun at a Security Council briefing on the situation in the Middle East.

"Such a plan, if implemented, will seriously violate international law and relevant UN resolutions, and imperil the two-state solution. We urge the relevant party to refrain from taking any unilateral actions, and do its best to de-escalate conflict and tension. It’s also our firm position that no country should support unilateral actions," said Jun, adding that "It is equally imperative to stop settlement activities, the demolition of Palestinian structures, and the violence against civilians."

pinionated

Minister (2k+ posts)
To be concerned is fine. Putting China in the same bucket as West is ludicrous.
One has to understand that what China did was a preemptive measure, before some radicalized Uighur (by foreign secret agency) blows up something in China.

China might have said something in favor of Palestine, but why are Muslims in China are living worst than slaves, this should be a concern and appeal to China by every Muslims to stop the abuse against Muslims.

HSiddiqui

To be concerned is fine. Putting China in the same bucket as West is ludicrous.
One has to understand that what China did was a preemptive measure, before some radicalized Uighur (by foreign secret agency) blows up something in China.
You cannot start cleansing a community calling it preemptive measure, it will be called a HOLOCAUST, I value China's friendship and Business partnership with Pakistan, but this killing, forcing, separating families of Uighur is inhuman and comes in the category of Holocaust.

Abdullah9

Senator (1k+ posts)
where did you see all this?

Vitamin_C

Prove it. Dont just give me your hawai bongian.

There are upto 3 million Uighurs in concetration camps.

0.5 million (or 1 million according to UN) Uighur children seperated from their parents and sent to re-education camps.

Take some vitamin E...it will give you ease. Because you are wrong.

MSUMAIRZ

MPA (400+ posts)
Did you see that happening or just basing it on videos being shown on internet. In past such videos emerged to justify the Iraq war in 1990s and then in early 2000s.

HSiddiqui

Prove it. Dont just give me your hawai bongian.

There are upto 3 million Uighurs in concetration camps.

0.5 million (or 1 million according to UN) Uighur children seperated from their parents and sent to re-education camps.
SORRY MY FRIEND , MY REPLY WAS ABSOLUTELY BASED ON NO EDUCATION AND IN RUSH. I TOOK TURKISTAN AS TURKEY. YOU ARE RIGHT I AM EXTREMELY SORRY.

Vitamin_C

I use the term East Turkestan sometimes because thats what the Uighur region was called before the Chinese annexed it using force.

SORRY MY FRIEND , MY REPLY WAS ABSOLUTELY BASED ON NO EDUCATION AND IN RUSH. I TOOK TURKISTAN AS TURKEY. YOU ARE RIGHT I AM EXTREMELY SORRY.

Vitamin_C

There is a big difference between this and Iraq war.

Iraq war was an obvious fraud and outright lies promoted in media. But only Blair and Bush supported it and most other countries including Canada and UN did not support it.

Whats going on in East Turkestan has been documented by UN and Independent sources. Its not the same. China's stand on UN and international laws is same as Israel 'khula khai nangha nahao'.

Did you see that happening or just basing it on videos being shown on internet. In past such videos emerged to justify the Iraq war in 1990s and then in early 2000s.

MSUMAIRZ

MPA (400+ posts)
There is a big difference between this and Iraq war.

Iraq war was an obvious fraud and outright lies promoted in media. But only Blair and Bush supported it and most other countries including Canada and UN did not support it.

Whats going on in East Turkestan has been documented by UN and Independent sources. Its not the same. China's stand on UN and international laws is same as Israel 'khula khai nangha nahao'.
Problem is I do not trust Western Media, When ISIS was being projected as the best people in the world to save the ME and then suddenly ISIS was BAD in the ME. Taalibaan were good when fighting USSR but Talibaan bad after the breakup of Russia.