Asad Umar robbing poor salaried class : Tax Imposed On Bank Transactions Of Over Rs. 25000 On Non Filers

arslan360

Voter (50+ posts)
ایک درمیانے طبکے کے ٹیکس فائلر کے لئے بہت محدود فوائد ہیں . اسلئے کوئی فائلر نہیں بننا چاہتا ....یہ غریب عوام آپکو تب بھی ٹیکس نہیں دے گی چاہے تم ٥٠٠٠ پر بھی ٹیکس لگانا شروع کر دو

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I watched the Ehsas speech of Imran Khan and for a moment i thought this is so great. Maybe Imran Khan is really sincere and will turn things around. My old PTI self felt hopeful and i became PTI supporter for a few minutes UNTIL

I read about the new banking policy

They are also not allowed to buy imported cars and can only buy locally manufactured vehicles.

Alleviating poverty my ass. They're creating more poverty. Pakistan auto industry was the most profitable but PTI managed to even cause losses to it.

I will give kheirat of 50 thousands but will not give one paisa tax to Asad Omar so PTI can give treatment to Nawaza and increase the luxuries of MPAs on my halal money. Am i not giving enough taxes to this government already? Buying a chewing gum, govt gets a share of it.

This Ehsas program is just a political distraction from this banking policy which obviously affects the common man. The money allocated for it will go to the corrupts too.

Are you a tax filer/pay income tax? If yes, then it doesn’t apply to you.

If you are not a tax filer, why not?

I’m not clear how this policy affects “common man” who pays taxes already?

Sometimes your rants don’t make sense bro :)

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I watched the Ehsas speech of Imran Khan and for a moment i thought this is so great. Maybe Imran Khan is really sincere and will turn things around. My old PTI self felt hopeful and i became PTI supporter for a few minutes UNTIL

I read about the new banking policy

They are also not allowed to buy imported cars and can only buy locally manufactured vehicles.

Alleviating poverty my ass. They're creating more poverty. Pakistan auto industry was the most profitable but PTI managed to even cause losses to it.

I will give kheirat but will not give one paisa tax to Asad Omar so PTI can give treatment to Nawaza and increase the luxuries of MPAs on my halal money. Am i not giving enough taxes to this government already? Buying a chewing gum, govt gets a share of it. The only thing that this government hasn't taxed is oxygen, pretty soon it will be too the way things are going.

This Ehsas program is just a political distraction from this banking policy which obviously affects the common man. The money allocated for it will go to the corrupts too.

Champoo you have no say. Just sit in queens lap and drink milk.
Don't forget to change your diaper moron

Dilwaly

MPA (400+ posts)
جب تک سورج چاند رہے گا عمران خان تیرا نام رہے گا
جیے عمران

Steyn

Are you a tax filer/pay income tax? If yes, then it doesn’t apply to you.

If you are not a tax filer, why not?

I’m not clear how this policy affects “common man” who pays taxes already?

Sometimes your rants don’t make sense bro :)
Then dont be a non-filer...Thanks! And buzz off!

I don't want my money to be spent on giving treatment and security and protocol to Nawaz Sharif and on corruption. That's what tax money is spent on.

I don't trust the government to spend my money correctly.

Besides, isn't the government taxing us enough already?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I don't want my money to be spent on giving treatment and security and protocol to Nawaz Sharif and on corruption. That's what tax money is spent on.

LOL what a loser! I don't want to pay taxes because I'm an ignorant cunt but yet will cry like a little bitch when I get penalized for not paying them. Then on one had cries that govt is not doing enough in the form of tax reforms and needs to widen its tax net and then again cries like a little bitch when it does because butt hurt forgot that this also means he will also have to pay taxes.

Bus tabdeeli chaiye, khud ko zara sa bi tabdeel nahi kerna. Fekin' butt hurt emotional snowflakes !

surfer

I think you missed my initial point, if you are a tax filer, these charges will not apply to you.

Once every non filer starts filing then additional taxes can be removed, but we are a long way from that. I think this is a good start to punish non-filers. More should be done

Kamboz

Senator (1k+ posts)
Mahatir Mohd laid out few rules for getting economy on the track. I wish they will follow those rules. Let the businessman make money first then tax him. Still the elite who own Billions are not paying taxes. Govt unable to stop theft of Sui Gas to large Mills and plants but wants to raise price of gas. I dont see even oil discovery having huge impact, it wont change things around here. Venezuela and Nigeria have oil and are still poor as hell.

Steyn

I think you missed my initial point, if you are a tax filer, these charges will not apply to you.

Once every non filer starts filing then additional taxes can be removed, but we are a long way from that. I think this is a good start to punish non-filers. More should be done

You missed my point. Whether i am a filer or non filer is irrelevant.

And just for your information, i don't even have a bank account. Do you believe me? I might make one in a few weeks but i don't have any. The one i had from years ago is closed down from inactivity.

I am speaking against it because it will affect common people whose salaries are in 25 to 35k range who are reliant on banks who can't become filers. Would you become a filer if your salary is 28k?

I am speaking against it because the government is trying to suffocate the common man and bringing him into direct taxation when they're the last people that should be taxed.

Why isn't Nawaz Sharif being taxed? Why isn't Malil Riaz? Why aren't the elites being taxed the most?

This is why i don't believe in taxes at all. I believe in zakat. Zakat system is the most fair and perfect. If Nawaz and Zardari paid zakat, this country will be out of financial troubles in one day.

There's also the issue of trust in the government. Every government official is a harami. If you have ever dealt with gas or electricity bill, you would know how for a simple thing like this, you've to bribe to be charged fairly. And you think we the common man trust the government?

surfer

You missed my point. Whether i am a filer or non filer is irrelevant.

And just for your information, i don't even have a bank account. Do you believe me? I might make one in a few weeks but i don't have any. The one i had from years ago is closed down from inactivity.

I am speaking against it because it will affect common people whose salaries are in 25 to 35k range who are reliant on banks who can't become filers. Would you become a filer if your salary is 28k?

I am speaking against it because the government is trying to suffocate the common man and bringing him into direct taxation when they're the last people that should be taxed.

Why isn't Nawaz Sharif being taxed? Why isn't Malil Riaz? Why aren't the elites being taxed the most?

This is why i don't believe in taxes at all. I believe in zakat. Zakat system is the most fair and perfect. If Nawaz and Zardari paid zakat, this country will be out of financial troubles in one day.

There's also the issue of trust in the government. Every government official is a harami. If you have ever dealt with gas or electricity bill, you would know how for a simple thing like this, you've to bribe to be charged fairly. And you think we the common man trust the government?

You raise various points, some valid, some not so valid

Those earning under 400000 a rupees do not have to pay tax. But how many of these will be doing regular transactions of over 25000 rupees in one go to be hit with the new tax? I suspect it will be less then 1%. Unfortunately these will be unintentionally caught, but they can also choose to become filers to avoid this charge - they can do it free online at befiler.com

I know retired people in uk who do not have to pay tax but are still required to file tax returns. It’s not that big a deal

My main point was that the common man Is unlikely to be hit by this if they are filers, or they are unlikely to be doing these type of transactions, and worst case they can become filers. I think you get this point cause I notice you edited your initial post.

Absolutely Nawaz and others should be taxed more. Part of the problem is that they hide thier money in others names and don’t declare it. Which is why we need more laws and actions on tax evaders. And to be fair, This govt is doing more on this then the last two govts put together. This is not an easy task, give them a few years. If they don’t deliver, you are free to vote them out.

Everyone should pay zakat, but I’ve seen hajis shopkeepers cheat people, so I don’t think we can trust all to pay zakat fully. Those who evade tax will evade zakat as well. You think if the corrupt rich and powerful feared Allah they would be doing what they do?

You’re right above corrupt govt officials. The Ugandan should be cracked down on hard. But honestly do you think this govt or previous Two govts are more likely to do it.

Don’t take it to heart, but my sense is that you are not a patient man, and maybe I am too patient - but this rot in our system has been there for 30 years, it won’t be fixed in 9 months

Steyn

You raise various points, some valid, some not so valid

Those earning under 400000 a rupees do not have to pay tax. But how many of these will be doing regular transactions of over 25000 rupees in one go to be hit with the new tax? I suspect it will be less then 1%. Unfortunately these will be unintentionally caught, but they can also choose to become filers to avoid this charge - they can do it free online at befiler.com

I know retired people in uk who do not have to pay tax but are still required to file tax returns. It’s not that big a deal

My main point was that the common man Is unlikely to be hit by this if they are filers, or they are unlikely to be doing these type of transactions, and worst case they can become filers. I think you get this point cause I notice you edited your initial post.

Absolutely Nawaz and others should be taxed more. Part of the problem is that they hide thier money in others names and don’t declare it. Which is why we need more laws and actions on tax evaders. And to be fair, This govt is doing more on this then the last two govts put together. This is not an easy task, give them a few years. If they don’t deliver, you are free to vote them out.

Everyone should pay zakat, but I’ve seen hajis shopkeepers cheat people, so I don’t think we can trust all to pay zakat fully. Those who evade tax will evade zakat as well. You think if the corrupt rich and powerful feared Allah they would be doing what they do?

You’re right above corrupt govt officials. The Ugandan should be cracked down on hard. But honestly do you think this govt or previous Two govts are more likely to do it.

Don’t take it to heart, but my sense is that you are not a patient man, and maybe I am too patient - but this rot in our system has been there for 30 years, it won’t be fixed in 9 months

I don't know man. The way things are going, there doesn't seem to be a lot of hope. But i do wish you're right and Pakistan gets better.

There's still the old pti lover in me who wants to believe. It's not fun at all being so disappointed about the future of the country you love so much and the party that i thought would change Pakistan.

So you probably are patient and can see a better future, i really don't if i am being honest.