Headlines: US Defense Secy was unsure of bin Laden raid intel
Family in Swat denies charge of Taliban link
Kerry arrives with tough message
Cracks in Q widen as Muqam quits cabinet
Zardari, Kayani discuss parliament debate

Family in Swat denies charge of Taliban link

By Hameedullah Khan | From the Newspaper (33 minutes ago) Today

amina-alamzeb-D-543.jpg
Amina Bibi and Alam Zeb Khan, accused by the US of conspiring to provide material support to the Taliban, talk to reporters here on Sunday. Dawn

MINGORA: Three Pakistani nationals, including a woman, who have been Indicted by the US government along with three American citizens of Pakistani origin for providing support to Taliban, have denied the charge and said the money sent to them from the US was meant for a small seminary and not for militants.
Two of the three accused, Amina Bibi and her son Alam Zeb Khan, hail from Sarsai Galoch area of Swats Kabal tehsil. They told reporters here on Sunday that they and their three relatives arrested in the United States were innocent and had been falsely implicated in the case.
The six have been charged with conspiring to provide, and providing, material support to a conspiracy to murder, maim and kidnap persons overseas, as well as conspiring to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organisation, the Pakistani Taliban.
The charges were announced on Saturday by officials of the Miami filed office of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation and the US Attorney Office.
Hafiz Mohammed Sher Ali Khan, 76, and his son Irfan Khan, 37, residents of Miami; and another of his sons, Izhar Khan, 24, of North Lauderdale, are the US citizens who have been arrested.
The accused residing in Pakistan are Faisal Ali Rehman, Alam Zeb and Amina Bibi, 39, daughter of Sher Ali.
The woman said they had been running the seminary for girls only to impart knowledge.
She said her father had set up the Akhyaul Uloom seminary around 30 years ago in a local mosque.
She said her father sent some money five years ago and a five-room building for the seminary was built. There are five women teachers and about 50 girl students aged 12 to 15 years.
Her son Alam Zeb, 19, a student of grade 11, said that Faisal Rehman was a shopkeeper to whom his grandfather sent money because we had no bank account.
He said the money was sent for payment of teachers salary and utility bills.
He said some amount had also been sent by his father for a poor woman relative to help her build a house and meet other needs. His father Shahzeb also works in the US.

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)
'US' has lost it, anyone sending money from overseas to Pakistan, they think is for terrorist reasons, idiots bloody idiots. DARAMA AFTER DRAMA

crowbar

Senator (1k+ posts)
Pretty soon no muslim will be allowed sending money back home from america. Right now ,anyone sending money through western union to pakistan is confronted with humiliations at time. Asian who owns grocery stores and gas stations having western union facility will refuse service to pakistani nationals .

hans

Banned
Have any one heard about natural selection?
Well it's time Paki start to pack and leave for there mother land

Question is what the heck will these so called US paki do in Pakistan?

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
can you understand...............this tic tac of politics...................here in europe........also very trouble ............if you sent 1000 through Western bank next time he stoped you and ask why you sent you must proof which circumtances you have in your family and he confirm this from CIA head office......many pakistani have this experiance......................why he do only for financilay problem to our country.............same like you not frogate IK say overseas Pakistani have more as IMF help us................??? this is big play for big deal...........

Killthecorrupts

Senator (1k+ posts)
'US' has lost it, anyone sending money from overseas to Pakistan, they think is for terrorist reasons, idiots bloody idiots. DARAMA AFTER DRAMA

This has already started. Last week I wanted to send $200 to Pakistan. I was asked to fill the form, which also contained a piont regarding my profession. I wrote Engineer as my profession. But I was asked to write my job title/Position. I said to the guy, " If you had told me earlier I would have broguht my resume for sending money".

yasir1981

Councller (250+ posts)

You sound quiet ridiculous......APart from these alot of people send money from USA to pak......Don't think USA intelligence is same like pak where Usama is living right amongst them and nobody knew he was there....They must be some proof of usage of that money and if they r innocent they will be released but you can't deny that, there must be something fishy in it......Pakistan's tribal areas r alwaz problem for pak....ist in Abottabad and now in swat......

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
You sound quiet ridiculous......APart from these alot of people send money from USA to pak......Don't think USA intelligence is same like pak where Usama is living right amongst them and nobody knew he was there....They must be some proof of usage of that money and if they r innocent they will be released but you can't deny that, there must be something fishy in it......Pakistan's tribal areas r alwaz problem for pak....ist in Abottabad and now in swat......

You seem to have some inside information. How do you know osama was there? Where is his body? why there is no video showing live action. Presumably, when Seal entered, Obama was with his wives and unarmed, why was he then killed. Would it no not be assassination?

Can you explain these? These were all boardroom edited plan in cooperation with our govt, Zardari