America Impressed By Indian TRACK Record - US Intercontinental anti-ballistic missile test fails

WatanDost

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
sn2802.gif

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: America Impressed By Indian TRACK Record

Looks like they have outsourced the development of their missile program now :) Those who have to deal with that every day knows very well about the quality of outsourced development efforts.

Cheap Indian labour and Mentality is going to be Waterloo for American industry and war machinery:lol:

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Read this one, be ready to laugh on floor

Looks like they have outsourced the development of their missile program now :) Those who have to deal with that every day knows very well about the quality of outsourced development efforts.

I have probably the most exp in performance of Indians in outsourced systems. Good Lord, there is no quality absolutely.

I worked for a Indian company in Los Angles with 70 imported Indians and 25 senior people mixed races. Me, a British, South African, Australian, Americans, made up a team of 25 most senior Analysts with experience ranging from 15 to 35 years in IT. One American had 35 years. Now readthis. i have substituted their names with fictitious names.

Mr. abc = our Indian manager, just arrived from his hometown Mumbai
Mr. xyz = senior Technical Analyst, just arrived from his hometown in Chennai
Corp = An American huge employer that outsourced the entire IT to this Indian company.

One day the client manager, an American lady of the Corp, wrote to our boss, Mr. ABC.

' Mr. ABC. We have been reviewing the work of your Senior Technical Analyst. I regret to inform you that each of his document is full of English and grammatical errors. We do not have time to correct all the errors. please hire highly qualified Technical Analyst who is well versed in writing technical documents. The documents as they are, can not be given to developers because developers will be wasting our time asking for clarifications'

This is what Mr. ABC replied: [hilar]

' The Technical Analyst is our best on the team. He has over two years of exp in writing technical specs (no kidding eh). However, to meet your requirements I have asked our Mumbai office to immediately send Mr. FGH to LA. This Analyst has over three years of experience and we consider him highly qualified. As for English and grammar error, please note that English is not our mother tongue and as such some errors are expected' :lol:

Now the most sad part of all this is that Mr. ABC forwarded the email to me, either by mistake or by stupidity

4 months later they let all the senior ones go and replaced us with Indians with exp ranging from 1 year to 5 years [hilar]

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Read this one, be ready to laugh on floor

I worked for a Indian company in Los Angles......................... 4 months later they let all the senior ones go and replaced us with Indians

All Patriots beware.

The real truth: Top five reasons for Indians to return home -

1. Rapidly decreasing gap between Salaries in India and US. Salaries of Indian IT professionals in last few years. If you compare the living cost and salary ratio, I think an IT professional can lead much higher standard of living in India than he does in the Western countries.
  2. Opportunities! India is full of opportunities, with every MNC globally trying to open shop in India. Infact, the reason for such higher salaries in IT professionals is lack of people in this Industry. According to one recent NASSCOMM survey, India is facing severe shortage of IT professional by nearly 30%. So the IT professionals moving to India get much better growth opportunities than in the West.
  3. Most of the returning Indians are couples in the age group of 27 to 35 having kids. The major factor cited by the survey was to protect their kids from the Western culture. I am not saying Western Culture is bad, however for kids growing up in US with parents having Indian roots creates a lot of problems. Not without reason do they say ABCDs (American born confused Desis).
  4. Education is also one of the foremost reasons for Indians to move back. It is generally believed that Indian schooling system is quite good; however higher education is much better in the West.
  5. Constant feeling of getting back to the roots. You ask any Indian settled in US and you will always hear, “Wish I’d gone back to India”. If you don’t understand, go watch Yash Chopra films and you will know what I am talking about.
source: http://trak.in/tags/business/2007/09/11/indian-it-professionals-returning-india/

Last edited: