Along the border belt in Punjab, almost every third village has a spy who once worked for Indian age

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Along the border belt in Punjab, almost every third village has a spy who once worked for Indian agency: report

AlongtheborderbeltinPunjabalmosteverythirdvillagehasaspywhoonceworkedforIndianagencyreport_21817.jpg

The case of Indian spy Gopal Dass, who returned home last week after spending 27 years in prison in Pakistan, has sparked off renewed interest in what actually goes on in this shadowy world. Once a master spy, Karamat Rahi is now tea stall owner. Six years ago, he returned to his village in Gurdaspur, Punjab, after spending 18 years in Pakistani jails.

After his return, Karamat sought compensation from the Indian intelligence agency he worked for, but was refused. He moved court but his plea was turned down so he now plans to move a higher court. "We spend difficult times in those jails, we are half dead in those interrogations. Now when we can't do anything we should get something to do business. Also, what do I do without pension? I am 58 and worth nothing," says Karamat.

Fifty kilometre away, in village Daduwal that once had a dozen spies working for Indian agencies, Sunil was lured into spying by a fellow villager. But three years later, he was caught in Pakistan and jailed. He returned home after seven years. Physically weak and depressed, he is now fully dependant on his wife who works as a domestic help.

"We worked for the country and what we got was tears of blood. We don't get anything," says Sunil. Grefan tried his hands at spying but soon decided to quit. But his mentors just won't let him. He alleges that Indian agencies implicated him in three false cases. He now works as a labourer and earns Rs. 3000 a month.

"I refused to work for these agencies since they did not care. When I stopped working, I was implicated in false cases - of bomb blast. But I was proved innocent; they slapped more cases," he says.

Along the border belt in Punjab, almost every third village has a spy who once worked for Indian agency. These spies say they never got a fair deal; they say the way they have been ignored they feel they are the children of lesser God. (NDTV)

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
if these stories are true the it is very shameful. These old corrupt mindset in indian beurocracy hasn't ended yet. i hear thtat indian spying and defence agencies have been upgraded nd reformed in recent years so lets hope that they are bit more humane!

hans

Banned
I know of Pakistani who work for US Govt and get paid very well.. there Sons and Daughter go to US university and if for any reason if they get exposed get a free ride to US, and given Green Cards.

The ones who sucks, and think they will be able to fool US Govt get short from the Sky. You know who got shot from the sky? don't you?

ASQR1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
if these stories are true the it is very shameful. These old corrupt mindset in indian beurocracy hasn't ended yet. i hear thtat indian spying and defence agencies have been upgraded nd reformed in recent years so lets hope that they are bit more humane!

U r a strange one Zionist Hindu, Instead of promoting spying u should promote Peace.