Aligarh Muslim University drops its "dupatta" compulsion for students

modern.fakir

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Aligarh Muslim University drops its "dupatta" compulsion for students
TNN Jul 28, 2013, 05.24AM IST

21414044.cms

LUCKNOW: Under allegations of moral policing, the Aligarh Muslim University withdrew its order making it compulsory for female students to wear dupatta with salwar kameez on the hostel campus as well as outside on Saturday.

As per the order, violation invited a fine of Rs 500. Besides prescribing the dress code for girls, the order also told girl students to use only one mobile phone whose number was known to their parents as the authorities believed students used their cell phones to stay connected with their male friends. It also barred them from activities such as going for a movie or eating out. The list of restrictions was put up on the notice-boards of all six hostels that make up the Abdullah Hall area of AMU. Some 1,300 students of AMU's Women's College living in these hostels were to follow the orders.

Provost of Abdullah Hall, Ghazala Parveen, confirmed the order had been revoked. "The order, with all its provisions, has been withdrawn," she told TOI. She refused, however, to speak about the reasons for its withdrawal. "I don't need to explain," she stated. The students were allowed to go out for essential shopping or meeting their family members on Fridays and Sundays. They were allowed to have a male visitor on designated days but were told not to bring them inside the hostel.

The order invited criticism from students and teachers in AMU. A female student believed that the order was suggestive of the male-female inequality inside the university. "If there has to be a uniform dress code, it should be for both boys and girls. I don't mean to say boys should wear dupatta. The order could be in terms of wearing formals," said the undergraduate girl.

Prior to the controversy, the provost defended her order stating that it didn't reflect a conservative mindset. "I am a liberal person but orders have been issued to inculcate a sense of discipline among students. They should be seen as measure to avert any indecent incident on the university campus," she told reporters. Regarding the use of cell phones, she said the university had ample proof suggesting that girls keeping more than one cell phone were using it to chat with their boyfriends. AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar said the order was not mandatory. "It was simply an advisory for students of Abdullah Hall. It was also not issued by the university as such. But after we found that many provisions were being misinterpreted, we decided to withdraw it," s
aid Abrar, adding that the restrictions on going out for movie or eating out have always been there and are not new.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...1_amu-abdullah-hall-aligarh-muslim-university

Last edited:

modern.fakir

We would advise AMU to please NOT be a party in removing the Muslim womans Dupatta. It is a bad decision to withdraw this injunction. The dupatta is an honour for the Muslim woman and can also be used for a partial headcover. :)

By giving in to pressure from secular hoodlums you have only become a party in earning the wrath of My Akka pbuh and Allah swt.:)

As it is bollywood and scanty dressing has caused the rape crisis in India, the covering up of women can only be a step in the right direction !(bigsmile)

Our message of love from Pakistan as always (bigsmile)

Mehrushka

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
asalamlekum sarkar...sikander ke kisi thread pe tussi nazar nahin aye....e kion????:biggthumpup:

rtabasum2

We would advise AMU to please NOT be a party in removing the Muslim womans Dupatta. It is a bad decision to withdraw this injunction. The dupatta is an honour for the Muslim woman and can also be used for a partial headcover. :)

By giving in to pressure from secular hoodlums you have only become a party in earning the wrath of My Akka pbuh and Allah swt.:)

As it is bollywood and scanty dressing has caused the rape crisis in India, the covering up of women can only be a step in the right direction !(bigsmile)

An Army man is VC AMU, what do u expect???(bigsmile)(bigsmile) Aligarh: The 67th Independence Day was celebrated at the Aligarh Muslim University with traditional gaiety and joy. The Vice Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University, Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Zameer Uddin Shah unfurled the national flag in front of the Strachey Hall, first building of the University, and National Anthem was sung by all people present in the function. The Vice Chancellor also received the Guard of Honour from the Senior Division NCC cadets

modern.fakir

He approved the Dupatta injunction (bigsmile) despite the fact that Indian army is known to remove dupattas and more India-wide and specially kashmir. But Pakistan Army is only known to protect Dupatta's as we always do :)

We are Men at there BEST :P

An Army man is VC AMU, what do u expect???(bigsmile)(bigsmile) Aligarh: The 67th Independence Day was celebrated at the Aligarh Muslim University with traditional gaiety and joy. The Vice Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University,Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Zameer Uddin Shah unfurled the national flag in front of the Strachey Hall, first building of the University, and National Anthem was sung by all people present in the function. The Vice Chancellor also received the Guard of Honour from the Senior Division NCC cadets

modern.fakir

ghalat hai ...pata nahi kiya musla hai becharay ko ...yahan halaat nay logoan ko nafsiyati bana diya hai ...aur hum aik doosray ko gira kay hero aur zero ban rahay hain ...

woh to theek hai par...sarkar wahan aake kos hi lete siko ko...(btw a member just nick named him siko)[hilar]

rtabasum2

He approved the Dupatta injunction (bigsmile) despite the fact that Indian army is known to remove dupattas and more India-wide and specially kashmir. But Pakistan Army is only known to protect Dupatta's as we always do :)

We are Men at there BEST :P

Kill them all, let God sort them out our motto:biggthumpup:

Bangash

اینڈ گیم پاکستان کے قریب آرہا ہے سکندر کی مقدر کا تب پتہ چلے گا جب افغان آرمی انڈیا کی مدد سے مکمل ہوجائیگی جب تک مزے اڑاؤ اسکے بعد سب کو سکرٹ پہننا پڑیگا دوپٹے کی ضرورت نہیں رہی گی سارے دختر کابل بن جائیں گے

Last edited by a moderator:

modern.fakir

Shame indeed... I know that NO Pathan family with even an IOTA of shame would allow such nonsense !...Never !

اینڈ گیم پاکستان کے قریب آرہا ہے سکندر کی مقدر کا تب پتہ چلے گا جب افغان آرمی انڈیا کی مدد سے مکمل ہوجائیگی جب تک مزے اڑاؤ اسکے بعد سب کو سکرٹ پہننا پڑیگا دوپٹے کی ضرورت نہیں رہی گی سارے دختر کابل بن جائیں گے

Is Pakistan going to have any stance on the issue? ;)

modern.fakir

Pakistan clearly condemns this and would advise the Chancellor at AMU to re-instate the injunction. Being the Islamic Republic in the region we would advise our ambassador in Delhi to take up the matter with the Indian authorities as it affects the Historical aspects of our relationship with India. We also protect sikh and other hindu sites here so they have a reciprocal responsibility to address our concerns.

Civilian diplomacy can also be used to tackle this issue in a polite manner.
:)

Is Pakistan going to have any stance on the issue? ;)

Unicorn

Banned

Mr. Mongol its not Dupatta it is the Burka which is compulsory(yapping) So protest about making Burka compulsory

rtabasum2

The momins are those who protect life sister (bigsmile)....I think you should visit Kakul and i dont know off your fitness otherwise we maybe able to induct you in civilian operations :lol::lol:

I am too old for Kakul now ur office in Abb Para is what I am interested in n that mess near the Margalla, a job there does not need physical fitness just need mindset LOL(bigsmile)(bigsmile)

modern.fakir

They are also our brothers ..even they are not so out of their league. You will find such samples in every race who are quick to shed their clothes every time the wind changes direction.

یہ پٹھان نہیں تاجک ازبک ہزارہ ہیں صبر کرلو دیکھ لوگے

modern.fakir

Dumbass read the article and write to times of india if you have issues !...You people cant tell the difference between a dupatta or burka is not my issue (bigsmile)

Mr. Mongol its not Dupatta it is the Burka which is compulsory(yapping) So protest about making Burka compulsory