25 % of worlds starving people are from India

janijoker

Minister (2k+ posts)
Poverty in India is widespread with nation estimated to have a 3rd of the World,s poor. In 2010 World bank reported that 32.7% of the Indian population lives on 1.25 USD/day (International poverty line) while 68.7% live on less than 2 USD per day......A 2010 report by Oxford poverty and human development intiative (OPHI) states that 8 Indian states have more poor than 26 poorest African nations combined which totals to more than 410 million poor in the poorest African countries. A 2013 report stated that 3rd of World poor live in India.

Indyeah

Voter (50+ posts)
As per NCAER findings the middle class in India only represents 13.1% of country,s total population in 2011. Middle class classification was based on anual household income between 3.4 lakh to 17 lakh. Your lies have no place on this forum. India cant hide its ugly face from the World..Wide spread poverty,Child prostitution,AIDS Epidemic,Rape culture,Brutal and racist caste system are bitter realities of Super Poor India(yapping)

You better read this and do have analyses of income.There is certain section in india which is totally poor and rest are further divided into categories.But as i told you,india dont have mechanism to calculate the poverty rate.Even here in this article,a family earning 17000 is counted as lower middle class and here people living in slums do get more then this but in the eyes of govt,those slum dwellers are extreme poors but reality is otherwise.

There have been more then 10 commissions who were asked to get poverty rate but none of then could find out.

I will say again,here family living in slum earns more then 100000 per month but they are called as poors who dont even have 1 time meal as per govt.

if you have only one stance to show india as extreme poor then you are free to do so..

India is the second-largest mobile phone user with over 900 million users in the world. It accounted for over 10% of the world’s online population in 2011. This was stated by Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare in London today.

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=85669

read this for further info...

and rest is your wish,after all i cant stop anybody to remain in delusions.

Last edited:

Indyeah

Voter (50+ posts)
Poverty in India is widespread with nation estimated to have a 3rd of the World,s poor. In 2010 World bank reported that 32.7% of the Indian population lives on 1.25 USD/day (International poverty line) while 68.7% live on less than 2 USD per day......A 2010 report by Oxford poverty and human development intiative (OPHI) states that 8 Indian states have more poor than 26 poorest African nations combined which totals to more than 410 million poor in the poorest African countries. A 2013 report stated that 3rd of World poor live in India.

oh my gudness....

When GOI could not find out the poverty then how world bank got it ? after all they took data from indian govt ? and when govt dont have correct info then who is world bank ?

This is my last post on poverty,if india have 900 million plus mobile users i.e the people who can purchase mobile phones and afford it then how they can earn 80 Rs per day ?

do use your brain,i know you are desperate to prove india as super poor.We dont give shitt over it ..

keep yourself in delusions :P

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
let me fix this with Indian math we discovered it after all:

25% out of world population translate to 1.75 billion while India's population is 1.2 billion :lol::lol:. According to Pakistani/Modern Fakir math it all adds up[hilar]

What if @Modern.Fakir uses Akhand Bharat as the basis of 25% calculation ? [hilar]

modern.fakir

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
[hilar][hilar][hilar]...See this is exactly the delusion we talk about ...then why did you refute me when i clearly said up there that Indians are not slumdogs ? ??[hilar][hilar]

Then I guess every international organization is run by an idiot and ONLY indians know everything which is why they are the UNITED STATES [hilar][hilar][hilar]

I think you need to read up more on REALITY ...here let me use another Indian to tell you reality.

Here ...now Im assuming this is wrong too [hilar][hilar][hilar]

India accounts for 33% of world poor: World Bank

PTIApr 19, 2013, 04.31AM IST
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Tags:

• [*=center]

(The report said that 1.2…)

WASHINGTON: India accounts for one-third of the world poor, people living on less than USD 1.25 (about Rs 65) per day, a World Bank report on poverty has said.

The report said that 1.2 billion people still living in extreme poverty across the world.

"The State of the Poor: Where are the Poor and Where are the Poorest?," using data released in the latest World Development Indicators, shows that extreme poverty headcount rates have fallen in every developing region between 1981 and 2010 from half the citizens in the developing world to 21 per cent.

pixel.gif

This despite a 59 per cent increase in the developing world population.

However, a new analysis of extreme poverty released today by the World Bank shows that there are still 1.2 billion people living in extreme poverty, and despite recent impressive progress, Sub-Saharan Africa still accounts for more than one-third of the world's extreme poor.
"We have made remarkable progress in reducing the number of people living under USD 1.25 a day in the developing world, but the fact that there are still 1.2 billion people in extreme poverty is a stain on our collective conscience," said World Bank group president Jim Yong Kim.

"This figure should serve as a rallying cry to the international community to take the fight against poverty to the next level. Our analysis and our advice can help guide the way toward ending extreme poverty by 2030, by showing where the poor live and where poverty is deepest," he said.

"We have made strides in cutting down poverty, but with nearly one-fifth of the world population still below the poverty line, not enough," said Kaushik Basu, World Bank senior vice president and chief economist.

"Directing investment towards the poor will require coordinated effort by the Bank, our country partners, and the international development community, and will, let's face it, entail sacrifice on the part of those who are fortunate enough to be better off," Basu said.

According to the report, after steadily increasing from 51 per cent in 1981 to 58 per cent in 1999, the extreme poverty rate fell 10 percentage points in Sub Saharan Africa between 1999 and 2010 and is now at 48 per cent--an impressive 17 per cent decline in one decade.
In Latin American Countries, after remaining stable at approximately 12 per cent for the last two decades of the 20th century, extreme poverty was cut in half between 1999 and 2010 and is now at 6 per cent.

However, despite its falling poverty rates, Sub-Saharan Africa is the only region in the world for which the number of poor individuals has risen steadily and dramatically between 1981 and 2010. There are more than twice as many extremely poor people living in SSA today (414 million) than there were three decades ago (205 million).

As a result, while the extreme poor in SSA represented only 11 per cent of the world's total in 1981, they now account for more than a third of the world's extreme poor.

pixel.gif

India contributes another third (up from 22 per cent in 1981) and China comes next, contributing 13 per cent (down from 43 per cent in 1981).

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...8_1_extreme-poverty-poverty-line-jim-yong-kim

Do you really know meaning of Gaurav Gatha ?

Dont you have issues of poverty when you have more then 60% population as poor and yet you post indian poverty or make fun of poors ? Should not be same rule for you ? Should not you mind your own business ?

You post from indian media ? like this post ? I too know what is going on in india and what is not so dont tell me.

FYI, Indian govt could never find out the number of poors and how the fkk can random agency of world can do so ?
Even my maid who cook food do have mobile phones,tv and cable connection and earn more then 10k per month but she lives in slum? why ?
she dont have money to purchase a land or to have a proper house and you will find out millions like her in india.

Again i will say,you know 0 about india and firstly remove those 60% poors then point finger to us.

Yes,a brainwashed pakistani talking about ignorance. Out of 1.2 billion in india,more then 950 million do have their own mobile connections.
If you want link then i m ready to give.Out of 120 crore,more then 20 crore will have internet connections till 2015.

I am ready to give you links and all of them are of 2012 and idk the present 2013 rate.India do have more then 45% as middle class and you say 80% india as poor ? I am talking with facts unlike you who just boasting post with smilies.

If you kill our soldiers and send terrorist in india to kill us and you expect flowers from us ? R u mad or living in some other planet ?

I told you that neither your army nor your govt tells you about reality.Like they hide case of kargil,they still do same acting innocent in the eyes of public.

We dont give fks to your views ..what ever you call us and i accept the hatred in indians wrt is more then vice versa.

Indian population is 6 times more then pakistan and obvsly poors will be more but do calcualte your rate with us. I hope you will see mirror.

Which arabic numerals you are talking ? most of these are either english invented or in hindi,we use our own of devnagri language.

and when you became arab ? i think you know how much respect arabs give to you pakistanis ...
they use you as slave and you know that if pakistanis are getting killed by bomb blast daily then its due to saudi money.

You are not arabs but are converted hindus.

firstly give me facts like i gave you then we will see who is delusional

modern.fakir

My answers in RED (bigsmile)

Which arabic numerals you are talking ? most of these are either english invented or in hindi,we use our own of devnagri language.

You might have used whatever BUT you have never applied it to build anything usefull like the early Muslim civilizations or the europeans who borrowed muslim scientific and intellectual knowledge which is why they are known as ARABIC numerals since our ancestors did something with it (bigsmile)

and when you became arab ? i think you know how much respect arabs give to you pakistanis ...
I became an arab long since your great grand parents were shooders [hilar][hilar]...what you talking about man ...we dont get beaten up arabs infact our forces are stationed in bahrain, oman and even saudi arabia. YES YOU have issues with them [hilar][hilar][hilar]
they use you as slave and you know that if pakistanis are getting killed by bomb blast daily then its due to saudi money.

They freed us from Hindu tyranny unlike the dalits and shudrs and other castes who are still treated worse than animals today (bigsmile)...you need to take this fake education of yours somewhere else ...we can refute every lie you pose up here :lol:

You are not arabs but are converted hindus.

I know my history better than you. YOU maybe an unfortunate shooder BUT i know very well about who I am [hilar][hilar]. And we also know who you are after all we ruled you for a 1000 years ...:lol:

firstly give me facts like i gave you then we will see who is delusional

janijoker

Minister (2k+ posts)
As per March 2012 68.2% Pakistani have mobile phones and obviously numbers of mobile users have increased since then. Let say now 75% have mobile. According to your standard mobile users are middle class citizens ,It is just ridiculous(bigsmile) Poverty statistics can be found easily by googling,it is not rocket science....Most of the reliable sources have the same statistics of poverty in India.BUT you want to convince us that you are living a high standard lives and there is large number of middle class....KYUN MAZAQ KARTE HO Chankiya :lol:
oh my gudness....

When GOI could not find out the poverty then how world bank got it ? after all they took data from indian govt ? and when govt dont have correct info then who is world bank ?

This is my last post on poverty,if india have 900 million plus mobile users i.e the people who can purchase mobile phones and afford it then how they can earn 80 Rs per day ?

do use your brain,i know you are desperate to prove india as super poor.We dont give shitt over it ..

keep yourself in delusions :P

affanpervez

Minister (2k+ posts)
1)India never claimed that whole india gets 3 times meal.
2)Yes,its super power but looted and destroyed by politicians and bureaucracy.
3)Do you know the whole story ? Those borders are not marked and sometimes indians cross borders and sometimes they. Although i agree that GOI is not doing enough and reason is that congress party and their wings are funded by china.
4)Movies too show the poverty ? do i need to mention names ?
5) I think you need to concern about pakistan where more than 50% are poors.

<b>60 percent population living below poverty line</b>
http://www.brecorder.com/top-storie...-living-below-poverty-line-world-bank-report/

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/10/paki-o23.html

now laugh as much as u can [hilar][hilar]

Sorry dude but in reality it is India who tops the list of poor people. People in Pakistan never die of hunger even if it is a flood or a drought.

"Six days I would eat, then the next six days I wouldn't eat at all," 9-year-old Roshan tells Al Jazeera. The tiny girl grew up on a diet of 600 calories per day, not even half as much as a child her age should receive.
Across India, millions of children like Roshan suffer from starvation -- making malnutrition more common in the Asian country than in sub-Saharan Africa, Al Jazeera reports. Every second a child under the age of 3 is underfed, according to the network.
India does have welfare systems aimed to aid millions of the hungry; school meals theoretically feed poor children across the country, and the Anganwadi services provide support to mothers in every district. Yet the services are plagued by mismanagement and corruption, Al Jazeera reports. School meals carry worms and insects in them, children told Al Jazeera, and the Aganwadi centers are often closed and dysfunctional.
In the Indian province of Madhya Pradesh, 60 percent of children are malnourished -- the highest percentage in the world. According to Al Jazeera, many villages survive on roots and grass. In one of the towns the network visited, children fed themselves on seeds found in cow manure. "They just wash the cow dung and get the seeds out of it," says legal advocate Sachin Jain. "They can't find these seeds fresh in the forest." Jain blames government neglect for chronic hunger.
According to UNICEF, a third of the world's malnourished children live in India. Anew report by the Naandi Foundation concluded that around 46 percent of all children below the age of three are too small for their age, 47 percent are underweight and at least 16 percent are acutely malnourished, or wasted.
UNICEF explains that child malnourishment has devastating consequences. Not only is hunger responsible for about 50 percent of all childhood deaths, but also has tragic long-term effects:

Malnourished children have lowered resistance to infection, they are more likely to die from common childhood ailments like diarrheal diseases and respiratory infections; and for those who survive, frequent illness saps their nutritional status, locking them into a vicious cycle of recurring sickness, faltering growth and diminished learning ability.
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has publicly addressed the epidemic, calling child malnutrition "a national shame," according to the BBC, but widespread hunger remains an unwavering problem for the Asian country

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/15/india-child-hunger_n_1517098.html

affanpervez

Minister (2k+ posts)
1)India never claimed that whole india gets 3 times meal.
2)Yes,its super power but looted and destroyed by politicians and bureaucracy.
3)Do you know the whole story ? Those borders are not marked and sometimes indians cross borders and sometimes they. Although i agree that GOI is not doing enough and reason is that congress party and their wings are funded by china.
4)Movies too show the poverty ? do i need to mention names ?
5) I think you need to concern about pakistan where more than 50% are poors.

<b>60 percent population living below poverty line</b>
http://www.brecorder.com/top-storie...-living-below-poverty-line-world-bank-report/

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/10/paki-o23.html

now laugh as much as u can [hilar][hilar]

Hoe have you come up with 60% figure????Lets talk with facts or figures. Worlds population is 7.108 billion (wikipedia) and that of India is 1.21 billion (wikipedia). According to estimates by the FAO there were 925 million under- or malnourished people in the world in 2010 [1]. So 25 % of it means 231.25 millions or 0.23125 billion which in turn means that 19.11 percent of Indian population is starving or malnourished. This is a hell figure considering the amount of budget India is spending on defense. I feel pity for them considering what the Indian gov is doing with them and I am ready to raise my voice on all forums for the rights of Indian people.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation

Last edited:

affanpervez

Minister (2k+ posts)
There are lots of starving people in India but Pakistan uses Modern Fakir math or Modern Fakir uses Pakistani math.

let me fix this with Indian math we discovered it after all:

25% out of world population translate to 1.75 billion while India's population is 1.2 billion :lol::lol:. According to Pakistani/Modern Fakir math it all adds up[hilar]

But I got no problem with most of starving people. When they decide to keep having kids without any regard this will be the result. I did not have any kids until me and wife had a house and than we only had two kids they were well fed, highly educated, had lots of toys and fun as kids.

Heah kid you have to learn maths. The post says "25 percent of worlds starving people" and didn't said "25 % of worlds people".

Worlds population is 7.108 billion(wikipedia) and that of India is 1.21 billion (wikipedia).According to estimates by the FAO there were 925 million under- or malnourished people in the world in 2010 [1]. So 25 % of it means 231.25 millions or 0.23125 billion which in turn means that 19.11 percent of Indian population is starving or malnourished.

Unicorn

Banned
Heah kid you have to learn maths. The post says "25 percent of worlds starving people" and didn't said "25 % of worlds people".

Worlds population is 7.108 billion(wikipedia) and that of India is 1.21 billion (wikipedia).According to estimates by the FAO there were 925 million under- or malnourished people in the world in 2010 [1]. So 25 % of it means 231.25 millions or 0.23125 billion which in turn means that 19.11 percent of Indian population is starving or malnourished.

I stand corrected, thank you with a correct revise 19.11 figure. Which is likely to go up each year because the poor will not stop from having kid after kid.

modern.fakir

[hilar][hilar][hilar] "He stands corrected" ....modern.fakir maths IS RIGHT after all [hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

I stand corrected, thank you with a correct revise 19.11 figure. Which is likely to go up each year because the poor will not stop from having kid after kid.

mrk123

Modern Fakir math is still off by 5.9[hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

No its not - 19.11% of India's population is starved which is 25 percent of world's starving population :-)

By the way I watched a very good documentary on P Sainath's crusade in India against hunger. That guy is a cheetah!

Do look it up and watch it if you get a chance. Very very informative.

Unicorn

Banned
No its not - 19.11% of India's population is starved which is 25 percent of world's starving population :-)

By the way I watched a very good documentary on P Sainath's crusade in India against hunger. That guy is a cheetah!

Do look it up and watch it if you get a chance. Very very informative.

I will watch it. Crusades against hunger have been going on for thousands of years. The only difference is in older days there were droughts and food could not be imported from hundreds of miles away and nature took care of populations by inflection viruses like small box people could have several kids but only a few would survive. Hunger today is man made.