‘Don’t meddle in people’s lives’, Shahid Afridi fires back at ‘feminists’

A-Thinker

Minister (2k+ posts)

1971485-pic_-1557675270.jpg

Former cricket star Shahid Afridi on Sunday fired back at criticism over his recent comments that he would not allow his daughters to play outdoor sports, saying: “I don’t judge anyone or meddle in people’s life…. I expect the same too from others.”

Afridi spoke out on Twitter after being under-fire for his comments in his book in which he had stated that he would not let his four daughter play cricket or any outdoor sport owing to social and religious reasons.

“Let feminists can say whatever they want about his decision,” the all-rounder cricketer was quoted as saying.

“May all our daughters/women be blessed all over the world! Let people be,” he added.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1127525463474282497
The former captain of the national team went on to day that his daughters are precious to him with his life revolving around them.

Afridi said that his four daughters – Ansha, Ajwa, Asmara and Aqsa – have

“some ambitions in life,” adding, “I will support them while guiding them as a responsible father.”

https://twitter.com/x/status/1127524927991701506
According to Afridi, his daughters, two of whom are in their late-teens already, are good at sports, but better at academics.

“Ajwa and Asmara are the youngest and love to play dress-up. They have my permission to play any sport, as long as they’re indoors. Cricket? No, not for my girls. They have permission to play all the indoor games they want, but my daughters are not going to be competing in public sporting activities,” he writes in his book titled Game-Changer.

Source

HSiddiqui

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
1971485-pic_-1557675270.jpg

Former cricket star Shahid Afridi on Sunday fired back at criticism over his recent comments that he would not allow his daughters to play outdoor sports, saying: “I don’t judge anyone or meddle in people’s life…. I expect the same too from others.”

Afridi spoke out on Twitter after being under-fire for his comments in his book in which he had stated that he would not let his four daughter play cricket or any outdoor sport owing to social and religious reasons.

“Let feminists can say whatever they want about his decision,” the all-rounder cricketer was quoted as saying.

“May all our daughters/women be blessed all over the world! Let people be,” he added.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1127525463474282497
The former captain of the national team went on to day that his daughters are precious to him with his life revolving around them.

Afridi said that his four daughters – Ansha, Ajwa, Asmara and Aqsa – have

“some ambitions in life,” adding, “I will support them while guiding them as a responsible father.”

https://twitter.com/x/status/1127524927991701506
According to Afridi, his daughters, two of whom are in their late-teens already, are good at sports, but better at academics.

“Ajwa and Asmara are the youngest and love to play dress-up. They have my permission to play any sport, as long as they’re indoors. Cricket? No, not for my girls. They have permission to play all the indoor games they want, but my daughters are not going to be competing in public sporting activities,” he writes in his book titled Game-Changer.

Source
These so called feminists who actually don't even know the meaning of a feminine, are trying to make money by destroying the society by forcing young minds to go wild in the name of feminism and ruin their future respects.

Complete Sense

Minister (2k+ posts)
Main nay kaha tha imran khan kay ghar kay ander ki bat na karo...ab dekho aik hftay kay ander hi shahid afridi kay gharr ki ander ki bat ho rahi hai.....ab shahid ki phatii hai

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
These so called feminists who actually don't even know the meaning of a feminine, are trying to make money by destroying the society by forcing young minds to go wild in the name of feminism and ruin their future respects.
Yes women, please do everything that men demand of you as not to be maligned by men and the society they rule. Learn to play by their rules or be ready to get your future ruined. Feminism as we know it is a pretty modern trend in history. Men have been ruining the lives of women since the dawn of time just because they could. Feminism is just an excuse for men to continue to do so. The audacity of male misogynists and their female allies who internalize mysoginy to make other womens live miserable and then lie straight through their teeth that it was the fault of feminism; as if they needed an excuse to begin with.

Will_Bite

Attention seeker bullshitter.
Who talked about his daughters? This is stuff he wrote in his book.

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes women, please do everything that men demand of you as not to be maligned by men and the society they rule. Learn to play by their rules or be ready to get your future ruined. Feminism as we know it is a pretty modern trend in history. Men have been ruining the lives of women since the dawn of time just because they could. Feminism is just an excuse for men to continue to do so. The audacity of male misogynists and their female allies who internalize mysoginy to make other womens live miserable and then lie straight through their teeth that it was the fault of feminism; as if they needed an excuse to begin with.
How much you are paid to put that rubbish here. Please if you have some personal problems try to sort it out. Please dont vomit everywhere.

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its not about the excuse ..The world over and from inception man and woman have had a role to play. The overwhelming majority of women are happy and lead successful lives. The problem with feminists is they take anecdotal examples of bad cases in life and juxtapose that on the majority.

Thats called Propaganda - Not reality and thats what shahid is trying to imply by telling them to mind their own business.

Battered cases of abuse happen on both sides of the coin both male and female, thats the reality.

Humi

Its not about the excuse ..The world over and from inception man and woman have had a role to play. The overwhelming majority of women are happy and lead successful lives. The problem with feminists is they take anecdotal examples of bad cases in life and juxtapose that on the majority.

Thats called Propaganda - Not reality and thats what shahid is trying to imply by telling them to mind their own business.

Battered cases of abuse happen on both sides of the coin both male and female, thats the reality.

My point was that claiming that feminists cause the punishment of women and ruin their future is an intellectual lie. You can listen to feminists all you want and play outdoor games all you desire, or not wear a hijab or not be a stay at home mom or whatever. It causes you no harm to your current or your future selves until mysoginistic men and women actively take it upon themselves to punish you for it in terms of deeming you un-pious or characterless or not marriageable or deserving of sexual abuse due to your behaviour and so on. So it's not feminists making lives of anyone harder just the usual agents of patriarchy who cant own up to their actions and pretend to lie by claiming that it was the fault of feminists.

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
I see where your coming from BUT i see feminists as the pole opposites of the "agents of patriarchy" that you claim are the agents of abuse.

If one is stuck up on patriarchy, the other is gung-ho on completely un-feminine behaviour if their is a word like that and even unnatural behaviour undeserving of a womans dignity.

Getting women to do everything done by men is not feminism. Its called implied-masculism which is the killing of feminism and not encouraging it and not preserving it.

Both of these ideologies are perpetrated by societies of both women and men. One could be a more eastern ideology and the other more western.

The difference though is if you take the misogyny out of the patriarchy, your left with a family life which is suitable for co-habitation of both man and woman and propogation of the human race. UNfortunately the same cannot be said for feminism.

My point was that claiming that feminists cause the punishment of women and ruin their future is an intellectual lie. You can listen to feminists all you want and play outdoor games all you desire, or not wear a hijab or not be a stay at home mom or whatever. It causes you no harm to your current or your future selves until mysoginistic men and women actively take it upon themselves to punish you for it in terms of deeming you un-pious or characterless or not marriageable or deserving of sexual abuse due to your behaviour and so on. So it's not feminists making lives of anyone harder just the usual agents of patriarchy who cant own up to their actions and pretend to lie by claiming that it was the fault of feminists.

Raiwind-Destroyer

your personal vendetta against pakistani men goes long way back and i am sure canada supports you in that hatred its easy to say about women living in canada and crying about women problems in pakistan
you are uneducated person who does not know islam and only follow western definition of women and men and thats why you hate men in power and probably die with that hate in your mind
its every family right how they want to bring u thier kids and what way its best for their family
if you want to do something for women rather then takiing out your hatred of men online go to pakistan and do something for women in charities show practically not verbally

HSiddiqui

I can't imagine your back ground, if you are a feminist woman, let me tell you something that is a fact, you can't have good society without men and women playing their responsible parts, and both have to show care, in different manners, with different duties but both have to respect and care for each other OR the society will be worst than pre-civilization.

Humi

I see where your coming from BUT i see feminists as the pole opposites of the "agents of patriarchy" that you claim are the agents of abuse.

If one is stuck up on patriarchy, the other is gung-ho on completely un-feminine behaviour if their is a word like that and even unnatural behaviour undeserving of a womans dignity.

Getting women to do everything done by men is not feminism. Its called implied-masculism which is the killing of feminism and not encouraging it.

Both of these ideologies are perpetrated by societies of both women and men. One could be a more eastern ideology and the other more western.

The difference though is if you take the misogyny out of the patriarchy, your left with a family life which is suitable for co-habitation of both man and woman and propogation of the human race. UNfortunately the same cannot be said for feminism.

unfeminine behaviour undeserving of women? really? What exactly is feminine behavior to begin with in the first place? Who is the authority on deciding what is femininity and who gave them the power to decide this and impose their version of femininity on women? Just be decent human being, take care of each other and don't do anyone any harm. Feminine behavior, unfeminine behaviour are ridiculous non existent notions. That is exactly what I meant by saying that its mysognists doing the actual harm to women by punishing them for not fulfilling their idea of "femininity" while they make tall false claims that no it's the feminists who did it.

I agree that doing everything that a man does is not feminism. I.e. more female CEOs instead of Male CEOs who exploit female factory workers is not a win for feminism. Feminism is about giving people the freedom to do what they want as long as you are not actively harming someone. Actions such as being able to play outdoor games is not about copying men. One is able to enjoy playing cricket or running a marathon without wanting to do it solely to copy men. To pretend otherwise and claim that women wanting such things just to copy men is heights of Male arrogance.

First of all, you cant take mysoginy out of patriarchy. That is the foundation of it. No mysoginy is no patriarchy and if you really think about it, you will find that patriarchy is quite harmful to men as well. Second, everyone has their own version of feminism. These days its co opted by corporate and selfish capitalist views so I see where you are coming for. Nonetheless, when you remove the actual label, there is still a lot of progress to made and that progress does not necessarily need to be made because Feminists messed up but it is because this is how we have operated since the beginning of time and and in many cases still continue to do so. Just be decent and don't police others based on their gender. Period.

Humi

I can't imagine your back ground, if you are a feminist woman, let me tell you something that is a fact, you can't have good society without men and women playing their responsible parts, and both have to show care, in different manners, with different duties but both have to respect and care for each other OR the society will be worst than pre-civilization.

I agree on the respect part. I just dont agree on the conditional respect which is dependent on "act a certain way or expect your future to be ruined" mentality because that is not respect; that is a reward for doing what you are told. You have yourself a nice day now.

bhaibarood

unfeminine behaviour undeserving of women? really? What exactly is feminine behavior to begin with in the first place? Who is the authority on deciding what is femininity and who gave them the power to decide this and impose their version of femininity on women? Just be decent human being, take care of each other and don't do anyone any harm. Feminine behavior, unfeminine behaviour are ridiculous non existent notions. That is exactly what I meant by saying that its mysognists doing the actual harm to women by punishing them for not fulfilling their idea of "femininity" while they make tall false claims that no it's the feminists who did it.

I agree that doing everything that a man does is not feminism. I.e. more female CEOs instead of Male CEOs who exploit female factory workers is not a win for feminism. Feminism is about giving people the freedom to do what they want as long as you are not actively harming someone. Actions such as being able to play outdoor games is not about copying men. One is able to enjoy playing cricket or running a marathon without wanting to do it solely to copy men. To pretend otherwise and claim that women wanting such things just to copy men is heights of Male arrogance.

First of all, you cant take mysoginy out of patriarchy. That is the foundation of it. No mysoginy is no patriarchy and if you really think about it, you will find that patriarchy is quite harmful to men as well. Second, everyone has their own version of feminism. These days its co opted by corporate and selfish capitalist views so I see where you are coming for. Nonetheless, when you remove the actual label, there is still a lot of progress to made and that progress does not necessarily need to be made because Feminists messed up but it is because this is how we have operated since the beginning of time and and in many cases still continue to do so. Just be decent and don't police others based on their gender. Period.
irrelevant question ! but how you are able to put quote as a signature ?I am lost at computers.
Einstein's definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Voting for Zardari and Nawaz is Insanity.

Humi

irrelevant question ! but how you are able to put quote as a signature ?I am lost at computers.
Einstein's definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Voting for Zardari and Nawaz is Insanity.

I added that in 2013 when we still had that functionality. I dont believe we are able to add or edit signatures anymore. :/

Dream Seller

I support your decision Mr. Afridi...
Alhumdulillah I’ve a daughter, I’ll do my best as a father to keep her away from this feminist’s propaganda...

HSiddiqui

I agree on the respect part. I just dont agree on the conditional respect which is dependent on "act a certain way or expect your future to be ruined" mentality because that is not respect; that is a reward for doing what you are told. You have yourself a nice day now.
That's what I said both have to behave human, and do their parts only then we can have a better society, these slogans of empowerment of any of these two will only create distances and ruin the society. They are both equally important and that is what they must realize.

Thunderstorm

Senator (1k+ posts)

Ao nu...bs agha plaar, wror o merha ba de good men category k wi o nor tol sarhi dalagaan di. Hom dasay da?

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
The authority who decides what feminism is, is the same as the one who decided masculinism.

Nature has defined these roles already, it already had the power within itself to decide . Men cant have children, thats not a masculine role. The bodies of men and women behave differently in their own nature that define there social and physiological behaviours.

To bear a child is feminine - you call that ridiculus and non-existant ??

The ideologies you talk about are their for men too. They dont have to go out an earn but yet woman are the first to badmouth them if they fail in any of there "assigned" duties, they dont have to bring roses to please women, they dont have to be confined to one woman in marriage. But these are also ideologies that are imposed on them and for the most part by feminist women.

Remember a feminist is not only a wife or a girl friend but the mother of brother or husband too. Sometimes the very supressor of feminism is a female herself ! not some mysoginistic male.

Policing is needed in a controlled way to uphold norms for both genders. Can you imagine a world without police doing its duty ? - It would be utter chaos!

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
so then whatelse should it be ?..arent feminists also acting in a particular way to be given a pat on the back by their own buddies ?

Im sorry but i dont see the difference !