کوک اسٹوڈیو سے معذرت کے ساتھ ۔۔!!

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Rohail Hayatt is coming back! Thank God!!!! Strings totally fcked it up! They made shit music as a band and raped coke studio.

And I disagree with M.L Coke Studio introduced a lot of our culture to the 90s and millennial generation as well the world.

There is a shit load of original content being produced by Pakistanis ( including myself ) not just in Pakistan but around the world but since there is zero revenue from music in Pakistan unless you do live shows, which you don't get to do on any reasonable scale if you are not already famous. Which leaves a new comer out in the open.

Most Pakistani music producers dream is now to get picked up by India and/or bollywood where there is actual money. Passion can only get you so far before reality sets in and you have to pay the bills.

PappuChikna

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Rohail Hayatt is coming back! Thank God!!!! Strings totally fcked it up! They made shit music as a band and raped coke studio.

And I disagree with M.L Coke Studio introduced a lot of our culture to the 90s and millennial generation as well the world.

There is a shit load of original content being produced by Pakistanis ( including myself ) not just in Pakistan but around the world but since there is zero revenue from music in Pakistan unless you do live shows, which you don't get to do on any reasonable scale if you are not already famous. Which leaves a new comer out in the open.

Most Pakistani music producers dream is now to get picked up by India and/or bollywood where there is actual money. Passion can only get you so far before reality sets in and you have to pay the bills.
how about becoming youtube start.
then all sorts of multi-nationals come for you for product placements and tv appearances.
In this time and age there is very little excuse left for not having "sarkaari sarparasti".

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
how about becoming youtube start.
then all sorts of multi-nationals come for you for product placements and tv appearances.
In this time and age there is very little excuse left for not having "sarkaari sarparasti".
You just can't become a "YouTube Star" Its pure luck, just like you can't predict which song will become a hit or not or which video will go viral or not. If there was a known way then everysong would be a hit, every video viral and everyone a YouTiube millionaire.

No one is asking for sarkari sarparasti, infact the less involvement the govt has the better. But the fact is having no copyright laws and copyright enforcement leads to a situation where no money can be made from Music either by sales or being used elsewhere. In India and most of the civilized world you get royalties even if your music is used for a ringtone.

Even our major know artists are actually making no money in Pakistan from this. Majority of their money comes from doing shows abroad or sponsor deals and advs

PappuChikna

You just can't become a "YouTube Star" Its pure luck, just like you can't predict which song will become a hit or not or which video will go viral or not. If there was a known way then everysong would be a hit, every video viral and everyone a YouTiube millionaire.

No one is asking for sarkari sarparasti, infact the less involvement the govt has the better. But the fact is having no copyright laws and copyright enforcement leads to a situation where no money can be made from Music either by sales or being used elsewhere. In India and most of the civilized world you get royalties even if your music is used for a ringtone.

Even our major know artists are actually making no money in Pakistan from this. Majority of their money comes from doing shows abroad or sponsor deals and advs
yeah copyright is a big issue.
lekin item agar acha hai tou youtube pay chi chlay gaa.
and if item is no good then theres no sales and therefore no royalties.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
yeah copyright is a big issue.
lekin item agar acha hai tou youtube pay chi chlay gaa.
and if item is no good then theres no sales and therefore no royalties.
There is a lot of good shit out there that never gets heard, because the person couldn't afford to market and promote it well and a lot of crap which is doing well because it was marketed well, one pound fish, kolaveri Di etc etc . Very rarely something gets picked up and becomes a hit organically on its own.

Youtube doesn't works the way you think it does. Its all set on predefined algorithms. For example one of my videos somehow got into the featured list of some mildly popular desi song, you know the one on the side that youtube recommend you watch. That video got 130,000 views overnight same video I also uploaded on another channel I think that didn't even cross 5000. So its all SEOs and trying to break the code and paying for marketing.

PappuChikna

There is a lot of good shit out there that never gets heard, because the person couldn't afford to market and promote it well and a lot of crap which is doing well because it was marketed well, one pound fish, kolaveri Di etc etc . Very rarely something gets picked up and becomes a hit organically on its own.

Youtube doesn't works the way you think it does. Its all set on predefined algorithms. For example one of my videos somehow got into the featured list of some mildly popular desi song, you know the one on the side that youtube recommend you watch. That video got 130,000 views overnight same video I also uploaded on another channel I think that didn't even cross 5000. So its all SEOs and trying to break the code and paying for marketing.
makes sense