اقوام متحدہ نے پاکستان کیلئے اعلان کردہ امداد میں پانچ گنا اضافہ کر دیا

shehbaz-un-speech-and-aid.jpg

اقوام متحدہ نے پاکستان میں آنے والے بدترین سیلاب کے بعد انسانی ہمدردی کی بنیاد پر امداد کو پانچ گنا بڑھا کر 81 کروڑ 60لاکھ امریکی ڈالر کر دیا ہے۔

تفصیلات کے مطقبق اقوام متحدہ نے امداد کی اپیل 16 کروڑ سے بڑھا کر 81 کروڑ 60 لاکھ ڈالر کر دی ہے، اپیل جینیوا میں 4 اکتوبر کو یو این اور پاکستان مشترکہ طور پر پیش کریں گے۔

واضح رہے کہ ملک بھر میں مون سون کی شدید بارشوں اور گلیشیر پگھلنے کی وجہ سے آنے والے بدترین سیلاب کی وجہ سے تقریباً 1700 افراد زندگی کی بازی ہار گئے ہیں۔

رائٹرز کے مطابق پاکستان کئی دہائیوں میں آنے والے بدترین سیلاب کے بعد پانی سے پیدا ہونے والی بیماریوں کے پھیلاؤ پر قابو پانے کی کوشش کر رہا ہے۔ حکومت پاکستان اور اقوام متحدہ کا کہنا ہے کہ سیلاب کا سبب موسمیاتی تبدیلی ہے۔

پاکستان کے لیے اقوم متحدہ رابطہ افسر جولیئن ہارنیس نے جنیوا میں بریفنگ دیتے ہوئے کہا کہ پاکستان بدترین سیلاب کے بعد پانی سے پیدا ہونے والی بیماریوں سے نبرد آزما ہے، سیلاب متاثرین موت اور تباہی کے دوسرے مرحلے میں داخل ہو رہے ہیں۔

جولیئن ہارنیس کا کہنا ہے کہ متاثرہ علاقوں میں صحت، غذا، پانی اور صفائی کے کاموں میں مدد کی ضرورت ہے، حکومت پاکستان کی مدد نہ کی گئی تو بچوں کی بیماریوں میں خوفناک اضافہ ہو گا۔

یاد رہے کہ گزشتہ ماہ اقوام متحدہ کے سیکریٹری جنرل انتونیو گوتریس نے پاکستان کے سیلاب متاثرہ علاقوں کا دورہ کیا تھا اور اس کی تباہ کاریوں کا اپنی آنکھوں سے جائزہ لیا تھا۔

انتونیو گوتریس نے اقوام متحدہ کے رکن ممالک سے پاکستان کے سیلاب متاثرین کیلیے 160 ملین ڈالر امداد کی اپیل کرتے ہوئے کہا تھا کہ پاکستان کے عوام سیلاب سے شدید متاثر ہوئے ہیں عالمی برادری سے سیلاب متاثرین کیلیے 160 ملین ڈالر کی امداد کرے۔ تاہم اب اس امداد کو 160ملین ڈالر سے بڑھا کر 816 ملین ڈالر کر دیا گیا ہے۔

FahadBhatti

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
70 million dollars ka bhi pata nahin laga tha jo lerkion ki taleem ke liye mili thi america se aur in 810 million dollars ka bhi pata nhi lagay ga

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
O' Really!! What was the need of this Peanuts amount???
Even this little money will also end up in the offshore accounts of these greedy, criminal natured looters.

The loses are worth 40 billion dollars.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
O' Really!! What was the need of this Peanuts amount???
I personally think this is a stinky attitude. We should be grateful and thankful for even if someone wants to donate a single dollar, no one is under any obligation to help us. You know how much aid and support can be provided with 6 million dollars.

Even this little money will also end up in the offshore accounts of these greedy, criminal natured looters.
THIS is the real problem, already relief sent from UAE has ended up in warehouses of PPP wadera saaiens. You have no idea how much my blood boils because of this. I've always read in Quran that its a great sin and one should not tamper with property of the poor and orphans, and to never steal from them what is rightfully theirs. And I used to wonder who and where are these kind of disgusting people. I use to think maybe the Quran was talking about people during ayaam e jahaliyat. But lo and behold, its happening in our own country. There is a special place in hell reserved for such despicable creatures! ?

Donate $1 also, not a problem, but don't hand it over to these thieves.

Dr Adam

I personally think this is a stinky attitude. We should be grateful and thankful for even if someone wants to donate a single dollar, no one is under any obligation to help us. You know how much aid and support can be provided with 6 million dollars.

THIS is the real problem, already relief sent from UAE has ended up in warehouses of PPP wadera saaiens. You have no idea how much my blood boils because of this. I've always read in Quran that its a great sin and one should not tamper with property of the poor and orphans, and to never steal from them what is rightfully theirs. And I used to wonder who and where are these kind of disgusting people. I use to think maybe the Quran was talking about people during ayaam e jahaliyat. But lo and behold, its happening in our own country. There is a special place in hell reserved for such despicable creatures! ?

Donate $1 also, not a problem, but don't hand it over to these thieves.

In your books only, not mine. This catastrophe is not the result of Pakistan's indigenous wrongdoings and their outcome. Pakistan has in total 4 mega industrial units which can affect only 0.04 percent of the environment and contribute even less pollution from the above number.
Who then is to be blamed???

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
This catastrophe is not the result of Pakistan's indigenous wrongdoings and their outcome. Pakistan has in total
Disagree, it most certainly is. Who did not build damns, canals, waterways and spill offs? And further more the most corrupt provinces sustained the most damage also as a result of this i.e Balochistan and Sindh.

Dr Adam

Disagree, it most certainly is. Who did not build damns, canals, waterways and spill offs? And further more the most corrupt provinces sustained the most damage also as a result of this i.e Balochistan and Sindh.
Agree with your assessment.... which however is the resultant effect that Pakistan is suffering from due to the wrongdoings of others.
Additionally, I have come to the conclusion that all the decision makers in Pakistan, irrespective of their gender, creed, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliations, status and the big chairs they occupy in the name of Pakistan are NOT, I repeat NOT, sincere and loyal to this country. They all are prisoners of their self interests and subservient to their personal ambitions at the sake of country's interests.
As long as CORRUPT Bhuttos/Zardaris, Sharifs, Walis Fazals, generals, judges, bureaucrats all hand in glove rule the roost, Pakistan will never change provided.... it stays as a country.