Your thoughts on vaping products

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
Why is Pakistan not considering a blanket ban on the sale of online and retail vaping products in Pakistan? This new evil is harming our youth. If a crackdown against shisha could take place this is a bigger evil. Guys anyone who has access to corridors of power should raise the subject with PTI policy makers in power. What do you guys think?

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Vaping should be regulated, I.e. don’t sell to under 18s. But as a product, it is relatively much safer then smoking cigarettes. I switched from cigs to vaping about 8 years ago, and am Much healthier - remember it’s relative to if I was still smoking.

Rather then worrying about vaping, the govt should be discouraging smoking and taxing it much more - but the tobacco mafia is also very strong.

Masud Javed

Why is Pakistan not considering a blanket ban on the sale of online and retail vaping products in Pakistan? This new evil is harming our youth. If a crackdown against shisha could take place this is a bigger evil. Guys anyone who has access to corridors of power should raise the subject with PTI policy makers in power. What do you guys think?

Are first worlds doing that?
what are the latest studies on it?

As far I know, USA, Canada haven't banned them, maybe some states did but rest of the countries have banned the attractive packaging

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
Vaping should be regulated, I.e. don’t sell to under 18s. But as a product, it is relatively much safer then smoking cigarettes. I switched from cigs to vaping about 8 years ago, and am Much healthier - remember it’s relative to if I was still smoking.

Rather then worrying about vaping, the govt should be discouraging smoking and taxing it much more - but the tobacco mafia is also very strong.

You know it can not be regulated in Pakistan and has become a menace in teens. With all the fancy flavours out there its not only tempting but also highly addictive. Taxing alone can not curb its popularity. Also, there were recent findings where vaping was declared more injurious to health than cigarettes. The popcorn lungs and other deaths related to respiratory failures were flashing all over the news some time back.

surfer

You know it can not be regulated in Pakistan and has become a menace in teens. With all the fancy flavours out there its not only tempting but also highly addictive. Taxing alone can not curb its popularity. Also, there were recent findings where vaping was declared more injurious to health than cigarettes. The popcorn lungs and other deaths related to respiratory failures were flashing all over the news some time back.
From what I’ve researched, majority of the issues were to do with users trying to modify the batteries etc to get more powerful vapes, more vapour, more power, plus adding cannabis to it. That, I admit is dangerous.

But the regular off the shelf products are much much safer. In the uk pharmacies are selling them as a quit smoking device.

I’d still say they are much safer then cigs - which kill hundreds of thousands each year globally.

But I admit there is an attraction for teenagers. However if someone’s starts vaping instead of smoking cigs, I’d still prefer that

Notpersonal

Minister (2k+ posts)
I was a chain smoker past 14 years , started vaping 3 years back , never went to cigarettes again , In my opinion its better than smoking cigs , Pakistan have other challenges , its allowed in every country ,

syf277

MPA (400+ posts)
Smoked cigarettes for about thirty five years switched five years ago now I don’t stink and the house doesn’t stink I feel much better