World Cup: Germany win 2-1 against Sweden in last-gasp victory

Spartacus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Germany, despite being a man down snatched a last-gasp victory against Sweden to keep their World Cup alive.
Germany scored in the 95th minute to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against a battling the Swedish side, despite having had a man sent off.
Germany realistically had to win to remain in the World Cup as a loss would see them straight out and a draw would see them three points behind Sweden, with Sweden facing Mexico in their last game who would have already qualified. Sweden took the lead through an excellent Ola Toivonen goal as Claesson played a delightful ball in, Toivonen took a touch on his chest and then lifted the ball over an onrushing Manuel Neuer.
Germany equalised early in the second half through a Marco Reus goal, before having Jerome Boateng sent off for a second yellow card offence, they then won the game in the final minute with a free kick from Kroos. The Real Madrid midfielder shifted the ball into Reus and fired it into the far corner from his lay off.
This gives Germany a great chance of qualifying as they can defeat South Korea in their final game and this will ensure their progression.
Sweden can still qualify if they better Germany's result against South Korea or defeat Mexico and qualify ahead of them on goal difference.

Five things we learned from the match:

Last-gasp win

Goals don't come much later than Toni Kroos' came in this one. Germany could forever remember this 95th-minute winner, as it essentially kept them in the World Cup. Germany snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and if they were to win the World Cup, that goal would be seen as the turning point, not to mention the fact that it was also stunning.

Sweden will forever remember this game as the day that they almost knocked Germany out of the World Cup, and it really was close, only the last minute goal by Kroos saved the Germans. Sweden's performance will long stay in people's memories and will send a message to other teams that sitting in and counter-attacking really is effective, as Mexico and Sweden both have shown.
German performance
The term 'papering over the cracks' has been used and Germany will surely know that they need to improve if they want to win the World Cup. The Germans lost to Mexico and scraped a victory against Sweden, assuming they do qualify for the next round, Germany will need to play much better to stand any chance of progressing through the knockout rounds.
Boateng's nightmare game
Jerome Boating will not need to be told that he had a shocking game, he was all over the place throughout the match. He could have given a penalty away in the first half and he was sent off in the second half. Once his suspension is served Boateng will need to earn back his manager's trust if he wants to play any further part in the World Cup. We have seen two shaky defensive performances by the Germans and he was right at the centre of them.
It is not over for Sweden
Although Sweden lost today and they now face a struggle to qualify, it is not over for them. Sweden go into the final game knowing that they need to beat Mexico convincingly in order to progress. The likelihood is that their biggest challenge will be picking themselves up from this defeat, but if they can do that and they can pull together and perform as they did tonight, then they definitely stand a chance.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/06/23/world-cup-live-germany-vs-sweden

Last edited by a moderator:

Spartacus

Bana Hay Siasat.pk ka Masahib ------Aoor Phiray Hay Itrataa
Wa Garna Spartacus Ko Pakistan Main Janta Koon Hay

------------------ Spartacus of Siasat.pk ( Ghalib Say Bahoot Hee Maazrat Kay Saath ) -------------

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
It was the last 15 seconds!! And Sweden couldn't stall that.. Could have been a breeze but now, beating Mexico, yeah good luck! Germany as aggressive as they are, would take out S.Korea in no time, sadly, and with a big lead so now Sweden is in a spot. So many beautiful saves. But the last 15 seconds!!

Spartacus

Sweden worked hard all the way and last 30 seconds Germany scored the victory goal

No dear I am not agree with you .
Today Germany played really very good.

1. Possession
Germany ( 76 % ) ---- Sweden ( 24 % )

2. Shots
Germany ( 18 ) ---- Sweden ( 7 )

3. Shots on Target

Germany ( 6 ) ---- Sweden ( 5 )

4.Corners

Germany ( 8) ---- Sweden ( 3)

5.Fouls

Germany ( 12) ---- Sweden ( 13)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44439176

Notpersonal

Minister (2k+ posts)
No dear I am not agree with you .
Today Germany played really very good.

1. Possession
Germany ( 76 % ) ---- Sweden ( 24 % )

2. Shots
Germany ( 18 ) ---- Sweden ( 7 )

3. Shots on Target

Germany ( 6 ) ---- Sweden ( 5 )

4.Corners

Germany ( 8) ---- Sweden ( 3)

5.Fouls

Germany ( 12) ---- Sweden ( 13)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44439176
May I ask why u disagree with me ??Sweden is not a good team compare to Germany at all , these stats tells Germany was clearly favorite all the way . I must say that they had the ball possession all the time ,
Isn’t hard work from sweden that they hold the match 1-1 til 94th minute? Keeper was superb from Sweden , I was expecting German victory minimum with 3 goals , same odds form bookies:)
By the way u misunderstood me , I did not mean at all that Sweden played better than Germany , I said they worked hard to not let Germany score the goal , Germany played good only 2nd half , hope u hv seen the match :)

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes, the Germans, I hate to admit it, owned the ball. Especially in the second half, despite having one man down and the pressure. But Swedes, tried their best. There were some beautiful saves. They couldn't, however, keep the pressure mounted for long. All hopes pinned on S.Korea now!

Spartacus

May I ask why u don’t agree with me , Sweden is not a good team compare to Germany at all , these stats tells Germany was clearly favorite all the way . I must say that they had the ball possession all the time ,
Isn’t hard work from sweden that they hold the match 1-1 94minutes? Keeping was superb from Sweden , I was expecting German victory minimum with 3 goals , same odds for bookies:)

In last match against MAXICO they played like kids but today they really played very well .
Although they did not get more goals as I expected from them.
My prediction was also 3:0 for Germany.
But I am happy with 2:1 ( Be happy do not worry : )
But it is game and no one knows for sure before the end of the game.

If you compare the first game played by Germany and this game then you would feel the difference.

concern_paki

disputed decision in first half , referee did not give the well deserved penalty to Sweden, Germany wins like always by fouls and rough play

kayawish

Nigga , ur video has been blocked by Fifa because of copyright grounds :D if you keep doing it youtube will block ur account.Copyright are very serious thing in Europe so be carefull next time.

Spartacus

Nigga , ur video has been blocked by Fifa because of copyright grounds :D if you keep doing it youtube will block ur account.Copyright are very serious thing in Europe so be carefull next time.

Just noted .
Thankx for suggestions.
Will care more next time .

hawkinthesky111

Minister (2k+ posts)
May I ask why u disagree with me ??Sweden is not a good team compare to Germany at all , these stats tells Germany was clearly favorite all the way . I must say that they had the ball possession all the time ,
Isn’t hard work from sweden that they hold the match 1-1 til 94th minute? Keeper was superb from Sweden , I was expecting German victory minimum with 3 goals , same odds form bookies:)
By the way u misunderstood me , I did not mean at all that Sweden played better than Germany , I said they worked hard to not let Germany score the goal , Germany played good only 2nd half , hope u hv seen the match :)
you are right.. and the first half that germany played was rubbush.. Sweden was all over them.. somethng happend in the break time though..
it was a wrong decision by Sweden to be defensive in teh second half.. anyway i was rooting for sweden and another thing this German team wil not win the world cup.. it is not that good..i say may be this time Mexico is having chances...

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)

Germany, despite being a man down snatched a last-gasp victory against Sweden to keep their World Cup alive.
Germany scored in the 95th minute to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against a battling the Swedish side, despite having had a man sent off.
Germany realistically had to win to remain in the World Cup as a loss would see them straight out and a draw would see them three points behind Sweden, with Sweden facing Mexico in their last game who would have already qualified. Sweden took the lead through an excellent Ola Toivonen goal as Claesson played a delightful ball in, Toivonen took a touch on his chest and then lifted the ball over an onrushing Manuel Neuer.
Germany equalised early in the second half through a Marco Reus goal, before having Jerome Boateng sent off for a second yellow card offence, they then won the game in the final minute with a free kick from Kroos. The Real Madrid midfielder shifted the ball into Reus and fired it into the far corner from his lay off.
This gives Germany a great chance of qualifying as they can defeat South Korea in their final game and this will ensure their progression.
Sweden can still qualify if they better Germany's result against South Korea or defeat Mexico and qualify ahead of them on goal difference.

Five things we learned from the match:

Last-gasp win

Goals don't come much later than Toni Kroos' came in this one. Germany could forever remember this 95th-minute winner, as it essentially kept them in the World Cup. Germany snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and if they were to win the World Cup, that goal would be seen as the turning point, not to mention the fact that it was also stunning.

Sweden will forever remember this game as the day that they almost knocked Germany out of the World Cup, and it really was close, only the last minute goal by Kroos saved the Germans. Sweden's performance will long stay in people's memories and will send a message to other teams that sitting in and counter-attacking really is effective, as Mexico and Sweden both have shown.
German performance
The term 'papering over the cracks' has been used and Germany will surely know that they need to improve if they want to win the World Cup. The Germans lost to Mexico and scraped a victory against Sweden, assuming they do qualify for the next round, Germany will need to play much better to stand any chance of progressing through the knockout rounds.
Boateng's nightmare game
Jerome Boating will not need to be told that he had a shocking game, he was all over the place throughout the match. He could have given a penalty away in the first half and he was sent off in the second half. Once his suspension is served Boateng will need to earn back his manager's trust if he wants to play any further part in the World Cup. We have seen two shaky defensive performances by the Germans and he was right at the centre of them.
It is not over for Sweden
Although Sweden lost today and they now face a struggle to qualify, it is not over for them. Sweden go into the final game knowing that they need to beat Mexico convincingly in order to progress. The likelihood is that their biggest challenge will be picking themselves up from this defeat, but if they can do that and they can pull together and perform as they did tonight, then they definitely stand a chance.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/06/23/world-cup-live-germany-vs-sweden
Sweden worked hard all the way and last 30 seconds Germany scored the victory goal
disputed decision in first half , referee did not give the well deserved penalty to Sweden, Germany wins like always by fouls and rough play
you are right.. and the first half that germany played was rubbush.. Sweden was all over them.. somethng happend in the break time though..
it was a wrong decision by Sweden to be defensive in teh second half.. anyway i was rooting for sweden and another thing this German team wil not win the world cup.. it is not that good..i say may be this time Mexico is having chances...

Yes!! Sweden and South Korea both delivered today! And gave null! Robin Olsen & Cho Hyun Woo were unbeatable.
Perfect, Germans get their answer for mocking last time! Great way to bow out SK, beating and dragging out defending champions last minute, two times over!!
Lesson learnt: Pride hath a fall & It ain't over till it's over.