Why these 2 Judges took a U-Turn from their previous Ruling???

desan

President (40k+ posts)
Check out their telephone and financial records from last year...

These 7 judges referred the matter to FBR in June 2020, asking it to initiate tax proceedings against Justice Isa’s wife and two children.

Justice Bandial,
Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik,
Justice Faisal Arab,
Justice Mazhar Alam Khan Miankhel,
Justice Sajjad Ali Shah,
Justice Munib Akhtar and
Justice Qazi Muhammad Amin Ahmed

These 6 judges have allowed the review petitions filed against its June 19, 2020 order for FBR to conduct an inquiry into the foreign properties of the family members.

Justice Yahya Afridi
Justice Maqbool Baqar
Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik
Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel

Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah and
Justice Aminuddin Khan

Justice Isa off the hook, finally​

ISLAMABAD:In a rare development, the Supreme Court -- with a majority of 6 to 4 -- has allowed the review petitions filed against its June 19, 2020 order for the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to conduct an inquiry into the foreign properties of the family members of apex court judge Qazi Faez Isa.

With this verdict, Justice Isa – who is in line to become the chief justice of Pakistan – is vindicated of the allegations leveled in a June 2020 presidential reference that claimed that the apex court judge had committed misconduct by not disclosing his family members foreign assets in his wealth statement.

"By majority of six to four [Justice Umar Ata Bandial, Justice Sajad Ali Shah, Justice Munib Akhtar and Justice Qazi Muhammad Amin Ahmed dissenting], these review petitions, except as mentioned below, are allowed," said the order, announced by head of a 10-judge bench Umar Ata Bandial on Monday.

Justice Yahya Afridi dismissed the review petition filed by Justice Isa but allowed the other review petitions filed by Justice Isa’s wife Sarina Isa and superior bars against June 19 order.

In their short order, Justice Maqbool Baqar, Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik, Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel, Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah and Justice Aminuddin Khan allowed the petitions.

"For the reasons to be recorded later, captioned review petitions are allowed and the directions contained in paras 4 to 11 of the impugned short order dated 19.06.2020 passed in constitutional petition No.17/2019 and other connected matters, along with supporting detailed reasons given in the majority judgment of the same date, are recalled and set-aside.

"All the subsequent proceedings, actions, orders, information and reports in pursuance of the directions contained in the short order dated 19.6.2020 and the detailed reasons thereof, are declared to be illegal and without any legal effect.

“Resultantly, any such proceedings, actions, orders or reports cannot be considered or acted upon and pursued any further by any forum or authority including the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC)," they noted.

Justice Afridi stated that “all review petitions except CRP No 296 of 2020, are allowed and the directions contained in paragraphs No 4 to 11 of the order dated 19.06.2020 and detail judgment dated 23.10.2020 passed in constitution petition No 17 of 2019 and other connected petitions are recalled.”

In his additional note, the SC judge held that consequently, all the subsequent proceedings, actions, orders and reports made in pursuance to the said directions are declared to be of no legal effect and/or consequences.

However, the minority judges –Justice Bandial, Justice Shah, Justice Akhtar and Justice Ahmed – held that “for reasons to be recorded later, the review petitions are dismissed”.

Out of the six majority judges, Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik and Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel have reviewed their opinion as they were among those judges who in June 19, 2020 verdict ordered the FBR to conduct an inquiry into the Isa family’s assets.

Justice Aminuddin Khan, who allowed the petitions, was not a part of the earlier 10-judge bench that had heard the constitutional petitions against the presidential reference. Justice Khan was included in the bench after the retirement of Justice Faisal Arab.

Three judges – Justice Baqar, Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah and Justice Yahya Afridi - have maintained their opinions as they were the judges who had written the minority order on June 19, 2020 and opposed the majority verdict to refer the matter to the FBR.

When the order was announced, Justice Isa was present in the courtroom along with his family members. He thanked God for the victory. Lawyers and media persons also congratulated him.

Emotional scenes were witnessed in the courtroom with tears of happiness gleaming in the eyes of Justice Isa’s wife Sarina Isa and daughter Sahar Isa.

Leaders of bars including Hamid Khan, Syed Qalb-i-Hassan, Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) Vice Chairman Khushdil Khan and Sheikh Ahsanuddin were also present in the courtroom.

The PBC vice chairman later appreciated the apex court’s majority order.

“This judgment would help to stop onslaughts of the executive or other authorities against independent judges in future. The Supreme Court has proved that the judiciary is independent.

“This judgment would strengthen the principle of supremacy of the Constitution, the rule of law and the independence of the judiciary. The whole legal community has welcomed this judgment and it is our collective success," said a PBC statement.
PBC former vice chairman Akhtar Hussain demanded an inquiry to determine as to which government functionaries were responsible for filing a “mala fide reference”.

Sindh High Court Bar (SHCB) Association President Salahuddin Ahmed said the majority judgment vindicates the stance of Justice Isa and Sarina Isa and all bar associations in Pakistan.

“[We] had argued that the entire case against Justice Isa was a mala fide conspiracy to punish him for the Faizabad dharna judgment in which he exposed elements of the deep state and designed to intimidate and subjugate the judiciary.
"Clearly, the government received terrible advice in pursuing this matter and, at very minimum, Law Minister Farogh Naseem and

SAPM Mirza Shehzad Akbar should accept the responsibility and tender their resignations,” said the SHCB official in a statement.He hoped that regardless of what has gone by, all the judges including Justice Isa will be able to put aside their differences and come together to repair and restore the SC’s prestige and moral authority.

“Going forward, the SC must present a united face to those who would seek to undermine its independence without harboring any illusions about the identity of such people," says SHCBA president.

The federal government did not give its reaction to the verdict till filing of the report.

Senior lawyers believe that the real test of Justice Isa will start and all eyes will be on him to see how he will proceed in matters related to the PTI government. A government functionary hoped that Justice Isa while deciding cases would have no personal grudge against any executive authority.

Barrister Asad Rahim said the last high-profile review that succeeded was in the houbara bustard case, where Justice Jawwad S Khawaja's decision was reversed, and in which Justice Isa was in the minority.

“But there is no parallel for a 10-member bench going the other way in a review. These are unprecedented events at the Supreme Court,” he added.

Earlier during the hearing, Justice Isa accused Justice Bandial that he is violating the code of conduct by introducing fresh material against him.

The petitioner judge asked Justice Bandial if he wanted to become the complainant. “You are putting your words in his (additional attorney general) mouth,” Justice Isa said.

Even Sarina Isa said that if Justice Bandial and Justice Munib Akhtar are keen on judges’ accountability then they should make public their own and their family members assets on the Supreme Court website.

Last edited by a moderator:

desan

President (40k+ posts)
Justice-Manzoor-Ahmad-Malik.jpg

Justice Manzoor Ahmad​

Chairman Election Board of Lahore High Court Bar Association, for five consecutive years (2005 to 2009).

Justice-Mazhar-Alam-Khan-Miankhel.jpg

Justice Mazhar Alam Khan​

desan

President (40k+ posts)
What has changed in less than a year???
They have to provide the reasons for this U-Turn.

Scholar1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Petition by Lt Col Iftikhar ur Rahman PETITION TO THE CHIEF JUSTICE OF PAKISTAN, PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN PRIME MINISTER OF PAKISTAN, AND THE CHIEF OF THE ARMY STAFF Honorable Chief Justice of Pakistan. Gulzar Ahmed, Your Excellency the President of Pakistan, Dr. Arif Alvi Your Excellency the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of the Army Staff Pakistan Army I am a common citizen of Pakistan but am blessed to be the son of the late Lt General Rakhman Gul, who also served as the Governor of Sindh (1970-72) and later as Pakistan’s Ambassador to Afghanistan (1972-74) and later to Libya (1974-1976). My late father made himself accountable before making others. As his ADC, I saw him say a point blank NO to the then President of Pakistan, General Yahya Khan when he asked the Governor (my Dad) to extend special business favors to one of his female friend in Karachi. My dad fined me for calling my fiancée from the Governor's house official phones and I had to eat pakoras as a captain with no much of a salary. It is that spirit that I am here making this petition to the four of you who represent the State of Pakistan. As a common citizen I can bet on my life if a referendum is held on the type of justice system in place. Almost 95% people of Pakistan would want this judicial system out as it is giving relief to only the powerful and rich and making the poor run from pillar to post, waiting years for justice. I will refer to some of the Verses of the Holy Quran (Word of Allah) that define justice for mankind:  BELIEVERS BE YOU SECURERS OF JUSTICE, WITNESSES FOR ALLAH, EVEN THOUGH IT BE AGAINST YOURSELVES OR YOUR PARENTS AND KINSMEN (Surah 4 Verse 135)  O BELIEVERS BE YOU SECURERS OF JUSTICE, WITNESSES FOR ALLAH. LET NOT DETESTATION FOR A PEOPLE MOVE YOU NOT TO BE EQUITABLE; BE EQUITABLE THAT IS NEARER TO FEARING ALLAH. AND FEAR ALLAH; SURELY ALLAH IS AWARE OF THE THINGS YOU DO. (Surah 5 Verse 8)  SURELY WE HAVE SENT DOWN TO THEE THE BOOK WITH THE TRUTH SO THAT THOU MAYEST JUDGE BETWEEN THE PEOPLE BY THAT WHICH ALLAH HAS SHOWN THEE. SO BE NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR THE TRAITORS. (Surah 4 Verse 105) Honorable Chief Justice of Pakistan, share my petition with your fellow judges and those in the IHC, LHC, PHC, SHC and BHC and then cross your hearts if you are not in deviation of the Word of Allah? Citizens have systematically lost faith in the judges and judgments of the SC and High Courts. The haste with which the IHC and LHC gives bail and relief to convicts is baffling. On the other hand, the LHC despite the orders of the SC freezes the JIT on Model Town killings and is in no hurry to decide the case as the JIT was almost near its findings reaching the necks of the mafia. Hudabiya case a closed and shut case was ruled by the Honorable Justice Faez Isa as buried and non-discuss able. Uzair Baloch case and the Baldia Town Case victims await justice to this day. The Chief Justice of Islamabad High Court gives instant relief to the Sharif Dynasty Convicts and the LHC allows the convict to go Scot free to fly off to London on a 100 stamp paper and not a penny worth bond taken. His platelet count thereafter we have not heard off again as he enjoys his judiciary granted sojourn in London. What is more, his under trial brother accompanies him without any let or hindrance. Before that after the SC disqualified him as PM in the Panama Case, he lashed out against the Supreme Court Judiciary openly in public gatherings:  Reflect your honors on some other judgments that will perhaps tingle your consciences; the mad un-Islamic decision of Justice Waqar Seth ordering the dragging the dead body of the ex-President and hanging it for 3 days.  We will speak of the LHC as the handmaiden of the Sharif Dynasty. We will speak about CJ of IHC who wanted to be God by asking for the guarantee of the life of a convicted criminal NS and then allowing him to escape to London.  We spoke and will speak against CJP Khosa who belittled the position of the COAS by calling him as a respondent in the hearings.  Then comes the presidential reference against Justice Faez Isa to justify the assets made in the name of his wife and children many moons ago. It is appalling that instead of answering questions asked in the reference against him, Qazi Faez Isa is asking irrelevant questions on the selection of the Special Assistant to the PM and several petitions except placing the proof of his earnings. Justice Qazi Faez Isa is a test case for the judiciary, which has of recent failed in all its tests. My Petition and Prayer is that Justice Qazi Faez Isa must provide the money trail as NO CITIZEN IS ABOVE THE LAW. Mr. Prime Minister you should forget your dream of making this a state like the state of Medina established by our Holy Prophet PBUH. There, “Equal justice for all” was the order of the day and the foundation of that state was built on accountability starting from the rulers and judges. The state fabric in Pakistan is slowly falling apart. It is now or never, so we must craft a judicial course correction. No one including the judiciary is above the law. Allah please help the country where most of us are born in and where the majority of us will die and be buried. Pakistan as an independent state has no future unless we come to our senses. I sincerely pray that all those I have petitioned will take this in the right spirit as we cannot confront our internal and external threats if this state of the law continues. Mr. President of Pakistan you too must play your role by ordering a referendum on the judiciary in order to make justice accessible and equitable for all. Please save PAKISTAN. Lt Col (retd) Iftikhar Ur Rahman Petitioner House 217, Street 39, F-11/3, Islamabad Cell Phone: + 92 300 5033802 Email: [email protected] 6 June 2020.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Petition by Lt Col Iftikhar ur Rahman PETITION TO THE CHIEF JUSTICE OF PAKISTAN, PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN PRIME MINISTER OF PAKISTAN, AND THE CHIEF OF THE ARMY STAFF Honorable Chief Justice of Pakistan. Gulzar Ahmed, Your Excellency the President of Pakistan, Dr. Arif Alvi Your Excellency the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of the Army Staff Pakistan Army I am a common citizen of Pakistan but am blessed to be the son of the late Lt General Rakhman Gul, who also served as the Governor of Sindh (1970-72) and later as Pakistan’s Ambassador to Afghanistan (1972-74) and later to Libya (1974-1976). My late father made himself accountable before making others. As his ADC, I saw him say a point blank NO to the then President of Pakistan, General Yahya Khan when he asked the Governor (my Dad) to extend special business favors to one of his female friend in Karachi. My dad fined me for calling my fiancée from the Governor's house official phones and I had to eat pakoras as a captain with no much of a salary. It is that spirit that I am here making this petition to the four of you who represent the State of Pakistan. As a common citizen I can bet on my life if a referendum is held on the type of justice system in place. Almost 95% people of Pakistan would want this judicial system out as it is giving relief to only the powerful and rich and making the poor run from pillar to post, waiting years for justice. I will refer to some of the Verses of the Holy Quran (Word of Allah) that define justice for mankind:  BELIEVERS BE YOU SECURERS OF JUSTICE, WITNESSES FOR ALLAH, EVEN THOUGH IT BE AGAINST YOURSELVES OR YOUR PARENTS AND KINSMEN (Surah 4 Verse 135)  O BELIEVERS BE YOU SECURERS OF JUSTICE, WITNESSES FOR ALLAH. LET NOT DETESTATION FOR A PEOPLE MOVE YOU NOT TO BE EQUITABLE; BE EQUITABLE THAT IS NEARER TO FEARING ALLAH. AND FEAR ALLAH; SURELY ALLAH IS AWARE OF THE THINGS YOU DO. (Surah 5 Verse 8)  SURELY WE HAVE SENT DOWN TO THEE THE BOOK WITH THE TRUTH SO THAT THOU MAYEST JUDGE BETWEEN THE PEOPLE BY THAT WHICH ALLAH HAS SHOWN THEE. SO BE NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR THE TRAITORS. (Surah 4 Verse 105) Honorable Chief Justice of Pakistan, share my petition with your fellow judges and those in the IHC, LHC, PHC, SHC and BHC and then cross your hearts if you are not in deviation of the Word of Allah? Citizens have systematically lost faith in the judges and judgments of the SC and High Courts. The haste with which the IHC and LHC gives bail and relief to convicts is baffling. On the other hand, the LHC despite the orders of the SC freezes the JIT on Model Town killings and is in no hurry to decide the case as the JIT was almost near its findings reaching the necks of the mafia. Hudabiya case a closed and shut case was ruled by the Honorable Justice Faez Isa as buried and non-discuss able. Uzair Baloch case and the Baldia Town Case victims await justice to this day. The Chief Justice of Islamabad High Court gives instant relief to the Sharif Dynasty Convicts and the LHC allows the convict to go Scot free to fly off to London on a 100 stamp paper and not a penny worth bond taken. His platelet count thereafter we have not heard off again as he enjoys his judiciary granted sojourn in London. What is more, his under trial brother accompanies him without any let or hindrance. Before that after the SC disqualified him as PM in the Panama Case, he lashed out against the Supreme Court Judiciary openly in public gatherings:  Reflect your honors on some other judgments that will perhaps tingle your consciences; the mad un-Islamic decision of Justice Waqar Seth ordering the dragging the dead body of the ex-President and hanging it for 3 days.  We will speak of the LHC as the handmaiden of the Sharif Dynasty. We will speak about CJ of IHC who wanted to be God by asking for the guarantee of the life of a convicted criminal NS and then allowing him to escape to London.  We spoke and will speak against CJP Khosa who belittled the position of the COAS by calling him as a respondent in the hearings.  Then comes the presidential reference against Justice Faez Isa to justify the assets made in the name of his wife and children many moons ago. It is appalling that instead of answering questions asked in the reference against him, Qazi Faez Isa is asking irrelevant questions on the selection of the Special Assistant to the PM and several petitions except placing the proof of his earnings. Justice Qazi Faez Isa is a test case for the judiciary, which has of recent failed in all its tests. My Petition and Prayer is that Justice Qazi Faez Isa must provide the money trail as NO CITIZEN IS ABOVE THE LAW. Mr. Prime Minister you should forget your dream of making this a state like the state of Medina established by our Holy Prophet PBUH. There, “Equal justice for all” was the order of the day and the foundation of that state was built on accountability starting from the rulers and judges. The state fabric in Pakistan is slowly falling apart. It is now or never, so we must craft a judicial course correction. No one including the judiciary is above the law. Allah please help the country where most of us are born in and where the majority of us will die and be buried. Pakistan as an independent state has no future unless we come to our senses. I sincerely pray that all those I have petitioned will take this in the right spirit as we cannot confront our internal and external threats if this state of the law continues. Mr. President of Pakistan you too must play your role by ordering a referendum on the judiciary in order to make justice accessible and equitable for all. Please save PAKISTAN. Lt Col (retd) Iftikhar Ur Rahman Petitioner House 217, Street 39, F-11/3, Islamabad Cell Phone: + 92 300 5033802 Email: [email protected] 6 June 2020.

This IS, and it SHOULD be the voice of his/her conscience of every Pakistani.
There is no other option left to rectify the errors as time is short and the sand is slipping fast through the gaps in the adjacent fingers.

Appreciate sharing this petition.
God bless.

The Sane

ڈکیت ججوں کی داڑھیوں میں جھاڑیاں۔ مریم قطری فحش فلمیں دکھا کر جج کھا گئی، اور لنگڑی کترینہ نے ان ججوں سے ان کے اثاثوں کا پوچھ کر انہیں خصی کر دیا

Resilient

Minister (2k+ posts)

عمران خان اور شیخ رشید کے کیس میں کوئی تحقیقات نہیں ہوتیں ، کوئی جے آئی ٹی نہیں بنتی لیکن اس کی منی ٹریل سپریم کورٹ تسلیم کرلیتی ہے ، قاضی فائز عیسیٰ کے کیس میں ایف بی آر نے تحقیقات کیں مگر ان تحقیقات کو سپریم کورٹ نے رد کردیا ، ایک کیس میں سپریم کورٹ بلے بلے دوسرے میں دلے دلے- یہ دھرا معیار کیوں؟؟

ایک جنرل پر اثاثوں کے الزامات لگے لیکن عمران خان نے اسے اپنے بلایا چائے پلائی اور الزامات صاف، لیکن فائز عیسیٰ کے خلاف سیدھا ریفرینس . یہ دھرا معیار کیوں؟؟

باقی سارے ملزموں کو بھی عمران خان اپنے پاس بلائے ان سے صفائی لے اور انہیں الزامات سے بری کردے ان کی فرمائش پر تفتیشی تبدیل کردے ان کی فرمائش پر ایک نمائشی کمیشن بنادے، یہ دھرا معیار کیوں؟؟

zaheer2003

عمران خان اور شیخ رشید کے کیس میں کوئی تحقیقات نہیں ہوتیں ، کوئی جے آئی ٹی نہیں بنتی لیکن اس کی منی ٹریل سپریم کورٹ تسلیم کرلیتی ہے ، قاضی فائز عیسیٰ کے کیس میں ایف بی آر نے تحقیقات کیں مگر ان تحقیقات کو سپریم کورٹ نے رد کردیا ، ایک کیس میں سپریم کورٹ بلے بلے دوسرے میں دلے دلے- یہ دھرا معیار کیوں؟؟
First Imran Khan provided money trial. SC did not needed to offer an investigation
2nd SC ordered an FBR inquiry and QFI found guilty in that inquiry with no money trail he escaped this is question

zaheer2003

ایک جنرل پر اثاثوں کے الزامات لگے لیکن عمران خان نے اسے اپنے بلایا چائے پلائی اور الزامات صاف، لیکن فائز عیسیٰ کے خلاف سیدھا ریفرینس . یہ دھرا معیار کیوں؟؟
Noon Leak should file a court case on that...

paani nhn ?

Haha

Minister (2k+ posts)
فراڈ عیسئ کی منی ٹریل اسکی اور بیوی کی ۔۔۔ میں چھپی ہوئی تھی اب وہ کھولکر یا پھاٹ کر نکالنی پڑے گی۔ اب اس میںٗ کیا

saqibmkhan

MPA (400+ posts)
ڈکیت ججوں کی داڑھیوں میں جھاڑیاں۔ مریم قطری فحش فلمیں دکھا کر جج کھا گئی، اور لنگڑی کترینہ نے ان ججوں سے ان کے اثاثوں کا پوچھ کر انہیں خصی کر دیا
I would not be surprised if Maryam Safdar had something to do with this decision and threatened to blackmail a couple of judges with their videos.

Oppostion Is Mafia

Minister (2k+ posts)
What has changed in less than a year???
They have to provide the reasons for this U-Turn.
Big bag of money changed there decision or they also do money laundering and scared of getting caught and being treated same way. There time will come like Pmln and ppp time has come to get exposed