Why not PCB or government give important responsibilities to Javed Miandad?

CANSUK

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
He was in PCB as director ? For few years but don’t know his achievements ? he was a coach as well.
I think inzi and he’s at the same level.

israr0333

Minister (2k+ posts)
You do not know what you are talking about.

He has a better record as captain than Imran Khan.
Under him, Pakistan won the series in Endia and drew the test series.

Miandad was appointed director-general in 2008, but his position lacked clarity. Under Zaka Ashraf in 2012, Miandad was given a formal administrative role to oversee domestic and international cricket. However, following uncertainty in the PCB top management in recent months, he has had less work on his plate.

In November 2008, he was appointed director general by former PCB chairman Ijaz Butt, but he quit after two months due to differences with the board over the scope of his role.

He was in PCB as director ? For few years but don’t know his achievements ? he was a coach as well.
I think inzi and he’s at the same level.

CANSUK

You do not know what you are talking about.

He has a better record as captain than Imran Khan.
Under him, Pakistan won the series in Endia and drew the test series.

Miandad was appointed director-general in 2008, but his position lacked clarity. Under Zaka Ashraf in 2012, Miandad was given a formal administrative role to oversee domestic and international cricket. However, following uncertainty in the PCB top management in recent months, he has had less work on his plate.

In November 2008, he was appointed director general by former PCB chairman Ijaz Butt, but he quit after two months due to differences with the board over the scope of his role.

5 good years as Director General in PCB ? What he has done as director general sports in 5 years.
3-times coach.
Now he’s 63 years old.
I like him as a batsman he was a very good batsmen and a captain. Wasim Akram and company went against him and he lost his captaincy. I remember everything.
I really don’t wanna see Wasim n’ waqar in PCB on any post.
Please be little realistic.

Last edited:

israr0333

Minister (2k+ posts)
As a coach, his innovations, like playing on marble slabs to help play on bouncy wickets are now used by other coaches.

As a coach, he improved legends Yousuf and Inzamam's game. I remember in a talk show where some old player told how he used to tie the legs of these batsmen to help them stop falling over after playing the shots and improve their balance and stance.

Some big players didn't want him around because he would not let them throw away matches. Remember the 1999 worldcup. Tell me one player who says Miandad was a bad coach.

As mentioned earlier his post was reduced to being a consultant. There was no power given to him by the board. The policies he made were not implemented because it would have made the PCB operations more transparent and would have reduced the powers of certain characters in the board.

He fought but when Sethi like characters came to run the board, he bid goodbye.

5 good years as Director General in PCB ? What he has done as director general sports in 5 years.
3-times coach.

CANSUK

As a coach, his innovations, like playing on marble slabs to help play on bouncy wickets are now used by other coaches.

As a coach, he improved legends Yousuf and Inzamam's game. I remember in a talk show where some old player told how he used to tie the legs of these batsmen to help them stop falling over after playing the shots and improve their balance and stance.

Some big players didn't want him around because he would not let them throw away matches. Remember the 1999 worldcup. Tell me one player who says Miandad was a bad coach.

As mentioned earlier his post was reduced to being a consultant. There was no power given to him by the board. The policies he made were not implemented because it would have made the PCB operations more transparent and would have reduced the powers of certain characters in the board.

He fought but when Sethi like characters came to run the board, he bid goodbye.

So why he stick 5 years if his policies wasn’t implemented or he has no say in PCB ?
i knew his achievements as a coach, twice he was successful, 3rd time was big failure
I think he played good cricket and he got enough chunk as director and coach.
Now cricket is changed, you need experience with good set of modern coaching skills. Business skills and language skills.
Really don’t know Jawed Bhai or Inzamamulhaq done any courses after leaving cricket.
We do not need Intekhab Alam and Haroon Rasheed as well.
They all should relax and enjoy their remaining life and come on TV time to time to criticize PCB
Or
They should help PMIK by giving him suggestions with sincerity without looking to get post. we need to change the culture, please don’t try to stick like Intekhab Alam

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Miandad can be a great coach, nothing else. It was under him that pakistan became a great team ahead of 99 world cup, won asian test championship and beat the stinking indians in their own stinkhole.

israr0333

Minister (2k+ posts)
He said in one interview, that he completed his work during these years, but PCB was reluctant to implement them. Then Sethi's appointment made him to resign. His work is still available with the board, but you can see how many times his recommendations were followed.

If a student goes to a teacher, and the teacher gives his time and effort to improve the students learning, does his job diligently but in the end the student does not follow the teacher's instructions. How would that be a teacher's fault.

The game of cricket is still played with a bat and a ball. Coaching courses do improve individuals aspiring to be teachers who have limited knowledge of the game. Legends like Miandad have played 20 years of international cricket. It hurts even more when the players from touring teams approach Miandad for consultation to correct their mistakes when his own country men have no respect for a true legend.

So tell me the how these coaching training programs are made. Is it made by a computer or people with prior knowledge of cricket. I think you are getting confused with physical training with the game of cricket itself.

So why he stick 5 years if his policies wasn’t implemented or he has no say in PCB ?
i knew his achievements as a coach, twice he was successful, 3rd time was big failure
I think he played good cricket and he got enough chunk as director and coach.
Now cricket is changed, you need experienced with good set of modern coaching skills.
Really don’t know Jawed Bhai or Inzamamulhaq done any courses after leaving cricket.

Sach Bolo

Senator (1k+ posts)
because Imran Khan always hated Javed Miandad...........

of course those who were born after 1994 would never know this

CANSUK

He said in one interview, that he completed his work during these years, but PCB was reluctant to implement them. Then Sethi's appointment made him to resign. His work is still available with the board, but you can see how many times his recommendations were followed.

If a student goes to a teacher, and the teacher gives his time and effort to improve the students learning, does his job diligently but in the end the student does not follow the teacher's instructions. How would that be a teacher's fault.

The game of cricket is still played with a bat and a ball. Coaching courses do improve individuals aspiring to be teachers who have limited knowledge of the game. Legends like Miandad have played 20 years of international cricket. It hurts even more when the players from touring teams approach Miandad for consultation to correct their mistakes when his own country men have no respect for a true legend.

So tell me the how these coaching training programs are made. Is it made by a computer or people with prior knowledge of cricket. I think you are getting confused with physical training with the game of cricket itself.
Was he building a new country ? Took five years ? no implementation of his recommendations but he stick 5 yrs ? very questionable ??!!
I understand he’s legend of cricket, I’ve lot of respect for him and other senior players like Inzamamulhaq, Mohd. Yousuf and I know cricket is been played by bat and ball only.
But PCB is a dept. You need thorough professionals to run the dept or to build and succeed and education and courses are equally important.

israr0333

Minister (2k+ posts)
As told earlier, he performed his job diligently, ask PCB why they kept him for five years. They did not issue a time bound contract. If he was not performing, they had all the right tp remove them..

To compare him with Inzamam and Yousuf shows your cricketing knowledge. you might be very young or not born when he stopped playing regularly for Pakistan in the early 1990s..

People who know cricket, not only respect him for his batting but because of the brilliant cricketing brain that he possessed. He was famous for his ability to guide and bring the best out of his partner on the opposite side. For e.g. do watch the 1992 world cup semifinal against New zealand. See how he guides and picks spots for Inzamam to play his shots and talking to him after every shot.

Richie Benaud told once. Miandad as a captain, you may expect to change the course of the game anytime. He also made this famous quote.

"Miandad is a great Captain, with Imran leading the side."

You do not need an MBA or a CA to run PCB. We need people at the top who understand the system, the players and can produce good quality cricket.

e.g. if one owns a food product business, he would be able to sell the product as long as it has quality and it appeals to the customer. If the product is bad, not even the most brilliant business gurus would help to sell the product.

Was he building a new country ? Took five years ? no implementation of his recommendations but he stick 5 yrs ? very questionable ??!!
I understand he’s legend of cricket, I’ve lot of respect for him and other senior players like Inzamamulhaq, Mohd. Yousuf and I know cricket is been played by bat and ball only.
But PCB is a dept. You need thorough professionals to run the dept or to build and succeed and education and courses are equally important.

CANSUK

As told earlier, he performed his job diligently, ask PCB why they kept him for five years. They did not issue a time bound contract. If he was not performing, they had all the right tp remove them..

To compare him with Inzamam and Yousuf shows your cricketing knowledge. you might be very young or not born when he stopped playing regularly for Pakistan in the early 1990s..

People who know cricket, not only respect him for his batting but because of the brilliant cricketing brain that he possessed. He was famous for his ability to guide and bring the best out of his partner on the opposite side. For e.g. do watch the 1992 world cup semifinal against New zealand. See how he guides and picks spots for Inzamam to play his shots and talking to him after every shot.

Richie Benaud told once. Miandad as a captain, you may expect to change the course of the game anytime. He also made this famous quote.

"Miandad is a great Captain, with Imran leading the side."

You do not need an MBA or a CA to run PCB. We need people at the top who understand the system, the players and can produce good quality cricket.

e.g. if one owns a food product business, he would be able to sell the product as long as it has quality and it appeals to the customer. If the product is bad, not even the most brilliant business gurus would help to sell the product.
Well I don’t have to prove who I am and how old I am ? but now wanna tell that I’ve witnessed his last ball six 6 against India, 1st ever tournament final won by Pakistan. and I know the song “ jawed ko aik chakay ke 100 lakh milengay aur Tauseef bicaharay ko dharam 8 milengay” famous comedy show 50/50 if you remember.
I still remember how Gandapa vishwanath boweld on in Swing when he was trying to left the ball, I witnessed the very good innings by Miandad against west Indies in National stadium karachi in WC 1987 though we lost the match cause Patrick Patterson bowled Jawed Miandad.
Well Inzi May be not great as Miandad but he scored more runs then him with same bat n’ ball you were referring to and Mohd Yousuf was also a class batsman but we didn’t get similar to him
Let me make my story short,
You can make Jawed Bhai a PCB chairman, inzi can be director general sports and Mohd Yousuf coach and Younus Khan COO, be happy and don’t forget to bring Intekhab Alam and Haroon Rasheed.
I don’t know why Asif Iqbal never participated in PCB though he showed UAE Shaikh’s how to build cricket stadium in desert and bring all those internationals teams in Sharjah where miandad hit famous 6. Hope you know Asif Iqbal
Be happy ?

Last edited:

Arfeen

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Ye kya baiwa ban k baitha rehta hay Dr. Danish her waqt , Javed Bhai great player thay , and very patriotic guy , but he doesn’t have managerial talent , anyone who has seen our cricket from inside will tell you that. Javed bhai at max can coach one region , sorry to hurt feelings of fans

Young_Blood

Minister (2k+ posts)
During the Worldcup Javed Bhai ko as a cricket expert bulaya jata tha sama tv per,, jab main ne javed bhai ke planning suni to main hiraan wa pareshan ho gaya,, javed bhai kehte hein k start k 10 over mein aap wicket loose na karein aur 30 se 35 runs bnaaein, phir aglay 10 se 30 overs tak 4 runs per overs k saath khelein,, Javed Bhai aaj b 1980 ke cricket khail rahe hein, Javed Bhai kehte hein k aaj b pakistani bowling 230 runs defend kar sakti hai :D :D

peaceandjustice

اس پروگرام میں یہ ڈاکٹر تعصب پھیلانے کی کوشش کر رہا ھے اس ڈاکٹر حوالدار جو کہ مجھے کرکٹر سکندر بخت کا بھائی لگتا ھے پورے پروگرام میں یہ جاوید میانداد کو پمپ کرنے کی کوشش کرتا رہا اور کراچی کے لوگوں کے دل میں تعصب ڈالنے کی کوشش کرتا رہا کہ جاوید میانداد کو اردو اسپیکنگ یا کراچی والا ہونے کی وجہ سے گورنمنٹ کوئی پوسٹ نہیں دیے رہی ھے جبکہ کراچی کے لوگ جانتے ہیں کہ یہ بات نہیں ھے یہ سارے ڈاکٹر ڈانکرے اپنی عزت گراتے جارھے ھیں اب ان ڈاکٹر ڈانکروں کے کوئی پروگرام نہیں دیکھتا اور یہ بےشرم تعصبانہ سوچ پھیلا رہا ھے آج تو میں اس کی زیادہ کلاس نہیں لینا چاہتا مگر اس بے شرم نے یا کیسی اور بے ضمیر بے شرم نے منافقت کرنے کی کوشش کی تو ایسے تعصبی انسان پر سوشل میڈیا کے زریعے لاکھوں لعنتیں بھیجیں جائیں گی

Last edited:

2hopeful

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Some one needs to tell this so called doctor that there is a big differene being a good cricketer, good administrator & a good team player. Team players role in a sporting team is quite different from being a team player in a adminstration unit. Above all being able to get along with pple matters a lot. This idiot is always whining but never comes up the the solid alternative schemes

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I don’t know why Asif Iqbal never participated in PCB though he showed UAE Shaikh’s how to build cricket stadium in desert and bring all those internationals teams in Sharjah where miandad hit famous 6. Hope you know Asif Iqbal
Be happy
Because Asif Iqbal opened his sporting goods store by the name of AJ sports back then and has done really well for himself from it. Anyone who has watched cricket must have seen AJ sports logo either on the uniform, pads, bats, stumps etc etc.