why not ghareeb mochi gets 3 plots- why powerful journalists only gets ?

tabla

Voter (50+ posts)
Haroon-ur-Rasheed Sets Example!

Very senior journalist Haroon-ur-Rasheed set an unprecedented example on Jan 27th by declaring that he was ready to return the money he gained from selling three different plots, which he got from different governments for being a journalist.

Speaking on the Off The Record of Jan 27th 2010, the senior journalist and columnist Haroon-ur-Rasheed said that he had taken three residential plots from the governments and sold them all. He said he sold these plots because his financial condition was not good at that time. “But, now I am financially independent” Haroon said, adding “I will return all the money I made from selling the plots, when, and if, the government, or anyone, will ask me to do so.”

Haroon said that he had been seriously thinking about it for the last three days. In an anguished tone, he added: “I don’t want this condition applied on others, but, from my end, I will definitely return this money to the national exchequer.”

Haroon-ur-Rashed said in categorical words that he was against the policy of allotting plots to selected segments of society because it ended up creating greater disorder and inequality in the society. He said he was against the allotment of plots to journalists, judges, generals, politicians and civil servants. He questioned the need of extending concessions in traveling fares only to the journalists, while, other more deserving segments of the labor market went without. “Why are the journalists, judges, generals, civil servants and politicians are extended such concessions while the ordinary Pakistani goes without?” Haroon said, adding: “Now this ‘drama’ should come to an end.” He said every member of the influential classes is responsible for this mess and he did not absolve himself either from his culpability.

While speaking in the program on the question of getting plots from the governments, Haroon, first he said had taken only one plot. The exact quote of his statement is, “Government of Pakistan had never given any plot only to me except when plots were given to other journalists also. I never applied for any plot and never visited any government office through out my life for this purpose. The only plot, I got, was first held by Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and when all the journalists got their plots, I was given at the end. All my assets are declared and legal and if a single penny is proved as illegal, I will surrender all my assets.”

However, after about twenty minutes into the same program, Haroon said, “You have talked of journalists and judges; I declare this by swearing to Allah that I was thinking for the last three days that this should be stopped. And as far as I am concerned, I have sold all the three plots that I got as I was desperately in need. If the government asks me I will return 100% of the money in installments. And I do not impose this condition on others but I will return the money as I am no more a poor man. Now I have resources and my income is very good.”

Haroon continued with the word, “Some privileged people like journalist are given concessions in traveling fares which is wrong and such concessions should not be given. Even judges are given some concessions, even generals and baboos got such benefits and concessions. We all have to bring an end to this drama. I too am a part of this.”

To refresh the readers’ memories, the Pakistani blogosphere had been left aghast in July 2009 at the specter of a venerable, pious, senior and respectable journalist like Haroon Rasheed jumping into the fray uninvited, and – throwing caution and dignity to the wind – coming to Rauf Klasra’s defense. Well, now the mystery has been solved: It had all along been an elaborate scheme to teach a lesson to the younger generation of Pakistani journalists, and Haroon did it through ‘leading by example’. Very cleverly, he let them have a long leash; he defended them through articles, on the channels and by launching his own website. It was all a very cleverly constructed ruse to get Rauf Klasra and other corrupt journalists to drop their guard (among other things) and start trusting Haroon Rasheed as one of their own.

When the aforementioned camouflage had been accomplished, Haroon Rasheed pulled the rug from under their feet by offering to reimburse the government for the amount of money which he gained from selling the plots. Haroon Rasheed has set a golden example by not only publicly acknowledging that he took nearly one (1) plot, Khuda ki kasam, and that the almost exactly two (2) plots were allotted to him by the government in a transparent process. And did he keep the approximately three (3) plots all to himself, without sharing? No. A thousand times NO. Haroon believes in sharing and is a fan of caring. So, he sold the exactly one (1) approximately three (3) plots and now offers to repay the government.

In case you are wondering what just happened, The Amazing Haroon Rasheed, the ancient and wise Gandalf of Pakistani Letters, pulled the most amazing trick so far out of his magic hat: He put one (1) plot in, at around minute 07:00, and took out three (3) plots at minute 27:00! What’s that you say? Is Haroon Rasheed the one whose coming is foretold in the prophecies? Is he the much-awaited Triple Shah? Has Haroon Rasheed been sent to succeed Double Shah? Maybe.

Oh alright! I know, I know. It was a slip of the tongue. Haroon didn’t mean it to come out like that. He only took the three plots, off the government’s back, to help it out with the bureaucratic red-tape. The government has hundreds of thousands of acres of useless land, just lying around like lazy bums, not doing any work, collecting dust all year long. Haroon was only trying to help, the only way he knew how. And, then again, he didn’t take the plots for his own benefit. There was never any conflict of interest anywhere. Honestly! Sacchi Mucchi! He never supported any military dictatorship in exchange for plot allotments. He never attacked this website that is trying to expose and stanch this tide of plot-zada corruption. He never wrote sickeningly sycophantic columns syndicated from the GHQ in adulation of the serving Chief of Army Staff. He does NOT have any links with notorious ex-Agency men who are not Major Amir and who have not become big landowners in their own right. No. Never. And how dare you think something like that? Haroon took over the plots to only sell them over to other buyers. You see! Just doing business, no crime there. Only commerce, which, as we all know, is a celebrated Sunnah of our Holy Prophet (s.a.w) And doesn’t flourishing of commerce and business help with a country’s economy? Yes, yes. It does.

And who is to say Haroon Rasheed’s three plot allotments, and their subsequent sale, and the resulting ballooning of Haroon Rasheed’s bank accounts were not, as a whole, beneficial to Pakistan because, a) he helped ease the government’s load and, b) he injected some much needed liquidity in the banking sector?

Exactly. Haroon’s message could not have been clearer if he spray painted on a chain-link fence.

So, a word to the wise. And also to the not so wise: Plot Laundering corrupts everything it touches. The cancer of corruption starts from the top and spreads in every direction polluting the state, its institutions and the society at large. Journalistic corruption is thus doubly evil because infected columnists and ‘plot-zada’ journalists then collude with corrupt generals, politicians and bureaucrats and aid them in their thievery in the hopes of a few crumbs falling their way. This plot-zada journalism has to stop.

And it has begun to. There are signs of change.

Last year two senior journalists returned their plots to the government. Another senior journalist signed his plot over to his driver. A journalist, Shaukat Javed Paracha who was offered a plot as a bribe last year, in violation of all policy, refused to accept the offer.

We know Haroon Rasheed does not suffer from the catastrophe of perfection. Who does? We all make mistakes. The right thing, and the Islamic thing to do, is to accept that one made mistakes, that one took plots in exchange for one’s soul, that one is sorry, and one will return all the money made from the sale of that nearly one (1) plot, to be honest two (2), who’s counting?, three (3) plots.

Source : http://pkpolitics.com/2010/02/11/haroon-ur-rasheed-sets-example-for-journalists/

agut hazum na ho tou delete kur dou is thread ko..
jub hum bolay ga tou bolob gay kay bolta hai...

Last edited by a moderator:

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Tabla,
Perhaps my following post in another thread has the answer for your WHY:

Let us accept a reality, a bitter reality: Pakistani society, despite claiming to be an Islamic-society, is in the
severe grip of APARTHEID, in all levels and departments. This "KAMI EXPLOITATION MENTALITY" is visible in all
its forms and manifestations. From the same society, there comes the Institutions of Judiciary, Police, Politics,
Trade, government services etc etc. etc. As long as this "Kami System" prevails, nothing will be achieved.
and that is the reality. For ages, Choudharies, Feudals, Sardar, etc have been degrading and **ping the
kami segments. In any place when the question is between a Kami and Lord, the decision is obvious.
Either the Society should change or it may wait for "Tofanay Noah".

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
PMLN Propaganda...everybody knows pkpolitics is a paid by PMLN like they use other media channels for their own benefit by paying from the tax money of poor people.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

tabla

Voter (50+ posts)
PMLN Propaganda...everybody knows pkpolitics is a paid by PMLN like they use other media channels for their own benefit by paying from the tax money of poor people.
3 plots sold by Saint Journalist withou dakaar ? the whole point is he is not denying it. so its not about pkpolitics being paid or nor not paid, the Journalist in question was definitely rewarded, but why not mochi, muzdoor or mong phlali baychnay wala is rewarded like this SAINT JOURNALIST

GraanG2

3 plots sold by Saint Journalist withou dakaar ? the whole point is he is not denying it. so its not about pkpolitics being paid or nor not paid, the Journalist in question was definitely rewarded, but why not mochi, muzdoor or mong phlali baychnay wala is rewarded like this SAINT JOURNALIST

I think you better ask ur Tabla nawaz ,cos these are the real culprits who give the plots to journalists for their own benefit...I agree why not Poor people ? But who will answer this question...Obviously the people in power.Isn't it ?

GraanG2

غریب موچی اپنے علاقے کے ایم این اے، ایم پی اے کا گریبان کیوں نہیں پکڑتا اور پوچھتا "کہاں ہے میرے حصے کا روٹی کپڑا اور مکان".؟

تا کہ دوسرے روز اس کی بوری بند لاش ملے؟

tabla

Voter (50+ posts)
I think you better ask ur Tabla nawaz ,cos these are the real culprits who give the plots to journalists for their own benefit...I agree why not Poor people ? But who will answer this question...Obviously the people in power.Isn't it ?

Buddy you answer this question, you know the answer. If you dont then I will.

tabla

Voter (50+ posts)
the answer is ; Haroon-ur-Rasheed: I know you guys (Politicians)inside out and I will rip you apart in public as I have means.
Advisors to Corrupt Politicians: the best thing to calm these resourceful people down to offer them plots.
Result: both parties mouth shut for a while.

Ghareeb mochi: i know you guys (Politicians) inside out but have no means to confront you at any level
Advisors to Corrupt Politicians: Dont worry about him sir he is nobody. We dont need any Residential or plot scheme for those people and actually we dont need any scheme for them

So all residential schemes, plots etc are there to clam these resourceful jopurnalist down for a while.

GraanG2

the answer is ; Haroon-ur-Rasheed: I know you guys (Politicians)inside out and I will rip you apart in public as I have means.
Advisors to Corrupt Politicians: the best thing to calm these resourceful people down to offer them plots.
Result: both parties mouth shut for a while.

Ghareeb mochi: i know you guys (Politicians) inside out but have no means to confront you at any level
Advisors to Corrupt Politicians: Dont worry about him sir he is nobody. We dont need any Residential or plot scheme for those people and actually we dont need any scheme for them

So all residential schemes, plots etc are there to clam these resourceful jopurnalist down for a while.

True But what can we do to stop all this ?

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

غریب موچی اپنے علاقے کے ایم این اے، ایم پی اے کا گریبان کیوں نہیں پکڑتا اور پوچھتا "کہاں ہے میرے حصے کا روٹی کپڑا اور مکان".؟

کس کا گریبان پکڑے ؟ اگر پ پ پ روٹی کپڑا مکان نہ دے سکی تو جماعت اسلامی نے کیا دیا؟
صرف آمروں کا ساتھ ؟ اسلامی دہشت گردی ؟ ڈرون حملے ؟

جب قوم کو ضرورت ہوتی ہے کہ کوئی اچھا انسان زرداری جیسے چوروں کا مقابلہ کرے تو یہ عورتوں کی طرح پردہ کر لیتے ہیں ، بایکاٹ......

ایک موچی جماعت اسلامی کے امیروں سے پوچھتا ہے کہ تم اسلام کا نام استمال کرتے ہو ، ١٩٧٧ میں قومی اتحاد بنایا ، پھر کدھر بھاگ گے؟

ایک موچی جماعت اسلامی کے امیروں سے پوچھتا ہے کہ تم نے اسلام کو بدنام کرنا کب بند کرنا ہے ؟ تمہارا کیا مقصد ہے ؟ کیا کام ہے؟

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

کس کا گریبان پکڑے ؟ اگر پ پ پ روٹی کپڑا مکان نہ دے سکی تو جماعت اسلامی نے کیا دیا؟
صرف آمروں کا ساتھ ؟ اسلامی دہشت گردی ؟ ڈرون حملے ؟

جب قوم کو ضرورت ہوتی ہے کہ کوئی اچھا انسان زرداری جیسے چوروں کا مقابلہ کرے تو یہ عورتوں کی طرح پردہ کر لیتے ہیں ، بایکاٹ......

ایک موچی جماعت اسلامی کے امیروں سے پوچھتا ہے کہ تم اسلام کا نام استمال کرتے ہو ، ١٩٧٧ میں قومی اتحاد بنایا ، پھر کدھر بھاگ گے؟

ایک موچی جماعت اسلامی کے امیروں سے پوچھتا ہے کہ تم نے اسلام کو بدنام کرنا کب بند کرنا ہے ؟ تمہارا کیا مقصد ہے ؟ کیا کام ہے؟

جو جس جماعت کو جس مقصد کے لئے ووٹ دیتا ہے اس کا حق ہے کے جواب طلبی کرے. میں جماعت اسلامی کو ووٹ دوں گا تو اگلی دفعہ ووٹ دینے سے پہلے ضررو پوچھوں گا

Star Gazer

http://pkpolitics.com/2010/02/11/haroon-ur-rasheed-sets-example-for-journalists/

agut hazum na ho tou delete kur dou is thread ko..
jub hum bolay ga tou bolob gay kay bolta hai...

This is a very valid question and it should include why all the government officers get more than one plot in return for their services to the country.
each citizen should have a basic standard of care which should include;
1-A house to live in; small 3-4 marla if they can not afford to pay the rent.
2-Education; Uptill the 6th or 8th grade and then vocational training, if the individual does not want to pursue college education.
3-Medical treatment; All sorts of medical treatment barring the cosmetic surgery unless it is needed for reconstruction purposes.
4-Allowance/Monthly expenses; Minimum to cover the day to day living for the food and basic needs, this can be supplemented by income by the famil members if they so desire.

All this is doable because it is beyond my imaginations that Allah the Razik, will have 7 billion people born in this world but He will not provide for their nurturing, impossible.