Why is Karachi such a shithole.

UKPakistani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Some of you may know that I was traveling to Pakistan after many years, I arrived early this morning.
Checked into a hotel had a bit to eat and have just returned from half a day around Clifton and particular the Beach,
It serves a whole city of 20 million plus, Sindh and the whole Pakistan
It was full of shit. Literally from plastic bags to cans to bottles to food leftovers bones etc and the real shit Camel and Horse shit.
I even saw a used condom

By way of attractions
well there are none.
For a beech so vast, all I saw was a total lack of even the basics, bins, water points and the odd toilet would not go amiss.

IF PTI is serious about tourism,, start at the beach in Karachi.
Regulate all the massive buildings going up as prime time real estate,
but they will probably all just dump their shit in the sea.
It will be another 20 years before I return to Clifton/Karachi beach
There are def better places to waste my money on

Few small vendors selling child toys, palm readers, corn cob sellers and few sell
ng Juice and Roh Afza for RS 10. When I saw the state of the ice he was usung to make the drinks cold....
I walked away.

The whole area is filthy and filth is everywhere in Karachi
Roadsides Empty plots pavements and even outside food shops
Sad state of affairs

Last edited by a moderator:

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
You are lucky visited Karachi today...If you been there 10 to 15 years before..may be you run away from Pakistan within a day..after getting Bhatta parchi..or seeing bori band Lashain daily..Karachi still under Mafias running..Now it's under Zardari Mafias..Only Gov Raj for 5 years can settle major issue of Karachi..

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are lucky visited Karachi today...If you been there 10 to 15 years before..may be you run away from Pakistan within a day..after getting Bhatta parchi..or seeing bori band Lashain daily..Karachi still under Mafias running..Now it's under Zardari Mafias..Only Gov Raj for 5 years can settle major issue of Karachi..
I was in karachi from from
2000 to almost 2011. I have seen everything. I had been beaten in public and do u know what was my fault? I just said qadiani are human being and noone has right ro cut their job and food. Not only karachi but u can find this in all over pakistan. There is no tolerance anywhere. People swear for no reason, no smiling on the face, no sorry no thanks.

Last edited:

The Revolutionist

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bhonga khan wants to promote tourism in Pakistan but no willing to sort the state of the cites,beaches and airports issues. Who the hell with little brains go to visit Pakistan apart from overseas Pakistanis who go there to meet their family members.
1 Pakistan has no law and order.
2 its dirty as hell.
3 Airports experience is horrible.
4 Good hotels are too expensive.
5 Danger of kidnapping for ransom.
6 One of the biggest attraction for foreigners is beach,just check the states of the beaches of Pakistan and would foreigners be allowed to wear bikinis at the beaches and kiss each other freely. How would they deal with khadim, fazlu and JI?but Bhonga khan wants foreigners to come to Pakistan.

Aslan

PPP has been in power in Sindh.The reponsibilty lies with PPP governemnt.PTI can help provide extra funds but PPP needs to get its act together.If it can't solve the basic issues then it should hand Karachi over to federal government.

The Revolutionist

Minister (2k+ posts)
2000 to almost 2011. I have seen everything. I had been beaten in public and do u know what was my fault? I just said qadiani are human being and noone has right ro cut their job and food. Not only karachi but u can find this in all pakistan. There is no tolerance anywhere. People swear for no reason, no smiling on the face, no sorry no thanks.
They have no manners and rude to the core, look waht they have done to Mishal khan two years ago,lynched him dead in the university, Pakistanis nation is mentally ill. If my family was not living in Pak i would not go to pak for a second. It is a shit hole,full of religious extremism and criminals with no tolerance.

The Revolutionist

Minister (2k+ posts)
PPP has been in power in Sindh.The reponsibilty lies with PPP governemnt.PTI can help provide extra funds but PPP needs to get its act together.If it can't solve the basic issues then it should hand Karachi over to federal government.
Was ppp in power when Mishal was lynched in the university or in Sahiwal ? Just admit it,it is not about ppp,pti or pmln the whole Pakistan is full of criminals and religious extremism with lots of dirt everywhere.

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
They have no manners and rude to the core, look waht they have done to Mishal khan two years ago,lynched him dead in the university, Pakistanis nation is mentally ill. If my family was not living in Pak i would not go to pak for a second. It is a shit hole,full of religious extremism and criminals with no tolerance.
I know, but unfortunately no one is ready to be changed or Accept this problem. Still pakistani claim we are the best nation of the world

PappuChikna

City and local government is the solution.
It used to be one of the top items in IK's agenda but its not even on the radar since PTI formed the government.
Big cities should have their own local government and accept direct fundings from center as well as province.
Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Peshawar, Hyderabad and possibly Quetta as well.

PappuChikna

Karachi has no political representation.
MQM kay chichoray are busy in getting federal ministries and seat in standing committees instead of focusing on Karachi issues.
Karachi dont vote for PPP, but PPP makes decisions of Karachi's destiny. In reality, PPP has no interest in Karachi well-being.
PTI got the mandate from karachi awam but their dhakkan MNAs are busy throwing gutter water on government buildings and raising go nawaz go slogans instead of working for Karachi at the proper venues.

I know IK is serious about Karachi wants to release some serious fundings but he also knows PPP is going to waste all that money so he wants them spent by the governor. however, the governor and other PTI MNAs are mostly idiots and are going to miserably fail.

In the end, people of Karachi's best bet at the moment is PTI. They should put pressure on PTI to work for the city.

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
2000 to almost 2011. I have seen everything. I had been beaten in public and do u know what was my fault? I just said qadiani are human being and noone has right ro cut their job and food. Not only karachi but u can find this in all over pakistan. There is no tolerance anywhere. People swear for no reason, no smiling on the face, no sorry no thanks.

Agreed your all points.. .But you also remembered....how many years this Nation under the curse of Nawaz.. Zardari..Altaf..Molvi Deisel.Asfand.Achackzae Mafias...We are still surviving...it's mircle....Every Gov..Private sectors were run and control by Mafias since decades..