Why is Karachi such a shithole.

Pracha

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
60s professional and efficient bureaucracy that IK was proudly referrring to the other day was dominated by Karachi with a huge resentment & jealousy from the rest of the country, especially Punjab.

Decline of this city and also the country started from Bhutto's infamous quota system which started a huge resentment and lead to ethnic tensions that was monopolized by MQM which consisted mostly of the less educated and somewhat less well to do section of the society.

Zia and NS regime led to further decay in culture, education and commerce as they treated it as an orphan child and were mostly Punjab centric. PPP on the other hand never owned the city to begin with.

Last edited:

Lord Botta

Minister (2k+ posts)
By the way , it takes a great much of effort to spot a used condom. Seems like you were doing a microscopic inspection of the trash.

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Brother the #1 problem with your trip is you should go stay with relatives if you have
otherwise its hotel homeless people stay there only.
In Karachi its who you know if you know about sh!t pakistan thinking overseas???

Last edited:

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
Agreed your all points.. .But you also remembered....how many years this Nation under the curse of Nawaz.. Zardari..Altaf..Molvi Deisel.Asfand.Achackzae Mafias...We are still surviving...it's mircle....Every Gov..Private sectors were run and control by Mafias since decades..
Brother i am not talking about individuals but behavior as a nation. And whatever name u mentioned here they are also pakistani. And u can find zardari, nawaz and altaf in each and every street of pakistan.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
#Jeeeeeeyaaaaayyyyy Bhutttooo!!!!!! ;);)

Some of you may know that I was traveling to Pakistan after many years, I arrived early this morning.
Checked into a hotel had a bit to eat and have just returned from half a day around Clifton and particular the Beach,
It serves a whole city of 20 million plus, Sindh and the whole Pakistan
It was full of shit. Literally from plastic bags to cans to bottles to food leftovers bones etc and the real shit Camel and Horse shit.
I even saw a used condom

By way of attractions
well there are none.
For a beech so vast, all I saw was a total lack of even the basics, bins, water points and the odd toilet would not go amiss.

IF PTI is serious about tourism,, start at the beach in Karachi.
Regulate all the massive buildings going up as prime time real estate,
but they will probably all just dump their shit in the sea.
It will be another 20 years before I return to Clifton/Karachi beach
There are def better places to waste my money on

Few small vendors selling child toys, palm readers, corn cob sellers and few sell
ng Juice and Roh Afza for RS 10. When I saw the state of the ice he was usung to make the drinks cold....
I walked away.

The whole area is filthy and filth is everywhere in Karachi
Roadsides Empty plots pavements and even outside food shops
Sad state of affairs

Hussain1967

Karachi has no political representation.
MQM kay chichoray are busy in getting federal ministries and seat in standing committees instead of focusing on Karachi issues.
Karachi dont vote for PPP, but PPP makes decisions of Karachi's destiny. In reality, PPP has no interest in Karachi well-being.
PTI got the mandate from karachi awam but their dhakkan MNAs are busy throwing gutter water on government buildings and raising go nawaz go slogans instead of working for Karachi at the proper venues.

I know IK is serious about Karachi wants to release some serious fundings but he also knows PPP is going to waste all that money so he wants them spent by the governor. however, the governor and other PTI MNAs are mostly idiots and are going to miserably fail.

In the end, people of Karachi's best bet at the moment is PTI. They should put pressure on PTI to work for the city.
Bro, I logged into Siasat.pk after many days just to respond to your good post. I see valid points in your post, but you missed the biggest point. The 18th amendment. Yes, the 18th amendment has made Pakistan a confederation. No matter which party is at center, it can do very little if doesn’t have govt in that particular province. Karachi’s issues will never be solved as long as PPP is governing Sindh. You can’t have a meaningful local govt System if the relevant provincial assembly doesn’t pass the law. Even if federal govt wants to do some projects for Karachi , inevitably Sindh govt will come in between. So, sorry Karachiites! You don’t have any better future as long as PPP is in Sindh govt. Alternatively, FUCK off this 18th amendment.

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Brother i am not talking about individuals but behavior as a nation. And whatever name u mentioned here they are also pakistani. And u can find zardari, nawaz and altaf in each and every street of pakistan.

Dear i also trying tell you as a whole nation attitude... not invidual...These Maroons inviduals which i mentioned...they were sitting in such powerful positions.. which directily impacted whole nation..not on few inviduals...

muhammadadeel

There is a huge population of great and big hearted people of Punjab and Lahore. There should be a positive competition between the 2 cities, rather than animosity.
hatred is never there, criticism is not hatred. It's only 5th gen Indian paid warfare which makes it look like hatred when infact there is no 5**ing hatred present anywhere only the good hopes and dreams for a better future.

muhammadadeel

Bro, I logged into Siasat.pk after many days just to respond to your good post. I see valid points in your post, but you missed the biggest point. The 18th amendment. Yes, the 18th amendment has made Pakistan a confederation. No matter which party is at center, it can do very little if doesn’t have govt in that particular province. Karachi’s issues will never be solved as long as PPP is governing Sindh. You can’t have a meaningful local govt System if the relevant provincial assembly doesn’t pass the law. Even if federal govt wants to do some projects for Karachi , inevitably Sindh govt will come in between. So, sorry Karachiites! You don’t have any better future as long as PPP is in Sindh govt. Alternatively, FUCK off this 18th amendment.
with 18th amendment rich get richer, poor have to just look at their faces.

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Some of you may know that I was traveling to Pakistan after many years, I arrived early this morning.
Checked into a hotel had a bit to eat and have just returned from half a day around Clifton and particular the Beach,
It serves a whole city of 20 million plus, Sindh and the whole Pakistan
It was full of shit. Literally from plastic bags to cans to bottles to food leftovers bones etc and the real shit Camel and Horse shit.
I even saw a used condom

By way of attractions
well there are none.
For a beech so vast, all I saw was a total lack of even the basics, bins, water points and the odd toilet would not go amiss.

IF PTI is serious about tourism,, start at the beach in Karachi.
Regulate all the massive buildings going up as prime time real estate,
but they will probably all just dump their shit in the sea.
It will be another 20 years before I return to Clifton/Karachi beach
There are def better places to waste my money on

Few small vendors selling child toys, palm readers, corn cob sellers and few sell
ng Juice and Roh Afza for RS 10. When I saw the state of the ice he was usung to make the drinks cold....
I walked away.

The whole area is filthy and filth is everywhere in Karachi
Roadsides Empty plots pavements and even outside food shops
Sad state of affairs
Why is London such a shithole? The last time I was there....a guy was selling bananas for 1,5 pound A PIECE on the street. that 360 rupees for a banana! I saw people living in flats as if htey are living in pigeon holes. What kind of a shithole is that?

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why is London such a shithole? The last time I was there....a guy was selling bananas for 1,5 pound A PIECE on the street. that 360 rupees for a banana! I saw people living in flats as if htey are living in pigeon holes. What kind of a shithole is that?
My dear chicken brain friend. Leave ur calculation at home when u come here. The price of 3 or 4 banana for 1 pound. And u should not calculate in pakistani rupees for whAt h r buying in uk because the labour and charges againts the product is paid in pound. Its very fair to pay 1 pound for banana where a labour earn minimum 1200 pound a month.

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
And the flat whAt u saw is equiped with all baisic facilties. So plz come out of the dream and live in real world

The Revolutionist

Minister (2k+ posts)
I know, but unfortunately no one is ready to be changed or Accept this problem. Still pakistani claim we are the best nation of the world
Pakistani nation is one of the most arrogant and big headed nation in the world with no manners.. Do not forget the more someone is ignorant the more he would be arrogant.

They stand nowhere in the world but they still think they are the in best in the world. They do not even know what their actual problem is. You go to Pakistan and even if you are a doctor a bus driver would be giving you lecture about health and how to do surgeries.

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistani nation is one of the most arrogant and big headed nation in the world with no manners.. Do not forget the more someone is ignorant the more he would be arrogant.

They stand nowhere in the world but they still think they are the in best in the world. They do not even know what their actual problem is. You go to Pakistan and even if you are a doctor a bus driver would be giving you lecture about health and how to do surgeries.
Indeed

kakamuna420

the reason for this are the movement of millions from northern areas and punjab to settle down in Karachi. To be residing in karachi is considered a status symbol in village society.
Last time when I came to Karachi, I saw hundreds of school kids going to a nearby school and they were all blondes and with colored eyes. I was lucky to have colored my hair dark blond before my arrival.lol

muhammadadeel

that's True, thank God my bathroom is bigger than most flats in London