Why have we reduced Islam to mere observance of rituals

Caballero

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is called hypocrisy and sadly, we’re leading

dnt forget we live in a country where a woman claimed that Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) ordered her to seek divorce from her husband of 25 years and leave all his adult children and grand children to marry a man otherwise known as the womanizer globally with one bastard daughter and two failed marriages.......so he can become a Messiah for a nation and transform it into Medina-e-Saani ?

Dream Seller
Masud Javed
Pathfinder
Sonya Khan
Shareef

NasNY

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Islam gave to Arabian tribes was a system of governance for the people.
Islam is a way of life, System of living your life.
Governance is key,
to eliminate poverty
for check and balances of the corrupt
healthcare
allotment of food resources
shelter
creation of jobs so each person can provide for their own family.

System of governance can provide everything for everyone just as Islam Intended.

Raiwind-Destroyer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
dnt forget we live in a country where a woman claimed that Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) ordered her to seek divorce from her husband of 25 years and leave all his adult children and grand children to marry a man otherwise known as the womanizer globally with one bastard daughter and two failed marriages.......so he can become a Messiah for a nation and transform it into Medina-e-Saani ?

Dream Seller
Masud Javed
Pathfinder
Sonya Khan
Shareef

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Where observance of rituals are concerned we muslims are heroes, but when it comes to living one's daily life (mamilaat) as per the teachings of Islam, we are a big zero. Why? and who is to be blamed for this?
Exactly, Islam in Pakistan is now just limited to shalwar should be above ankles, should have beard, miswaq and maybe prayers normally for show. After this, Islam is put in the drawer for the rest of the time and forgotten and personally I would blame it on the jahil moulvis and lack of actual ulema and scholar. You need 0 qualification in Pakistan to become a moulvi, moulana, mullah or peer saab and those that are there are just worried about getting chanda to keep their gravy train rolling.

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
I would agree with you to blame it on the molvi sahiban because they have so much influence on our lives. Five times a day we are subjected to them at the time of prayers. We listen to their sermons obediently and all they say is to offer prayers in jamaat (behind them). Never do they talk about 'mamilaat'. To top it, they have a package of 1001 totkas to get sins pardoned. With such easy shortcuts to get cleaned of sins, who would bother to refrain from sins.
The Tableeghi brethren are also fixated on prayers and totally ignore life other than prayers. In such situation who else is to blame? Some may say parents and teachers are also responsible, but pray, parents and teachers also get their religious/moral education from these molvees.
Exactly, Islam in Pakistan is now just limited to shalwar should be above ankles, should have beard, miswaq and maybe prayers normally for show. After this, Islam is put in the drawer for the rest of the time and forgotten and personally I would blame it on the jahil moulvis and lack of actual ulema and scholar. You need 0 qualification in Pakistan to become a moulvi, moulana, mullah or peer saab and those that are there are just worried about getting chanda to keep their gravy train rolling.

Solomon2

MPA (400+ posts)
...personally I would blame it on the jahil moulvis and lack of actual ulema and scholar -
Are you sure it's the fault of these unnamed "moulvis" and not your own fault instead? (I ask this not because I doubt you but from my personal observations of Pakistanis blaming others for their own choices.)

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Are you sure it's the fault of these unnamed "moulvis" and not your own fault instead? (I ask this not because I doubt you but from my personal observations of Pakistanis blaming others for their own choices.)
Oh you mean just like when zionist Israeli's kill Palestinian civilians and steal their land and then claim self defense and to be totally innocent. Sorry you don't get to ask any such questions.

Solomon2

MPA (400+ posts)
Oh you mean just like when zionist Israeli's kill Palestinian civilians and steal their land and then claim self defense and to be totally innocent. Sorry you don't get to ask any such questions.
So the point of demonizing Zionists is to provide a distraction to get Pakistanis off the hook from considering their own moral failures? Yeah, yeah, everyone's heard that. Now can you stick to the subject or have we now answered the question posed in this thread?