Why dont we promote Solar energy in Pakistan????

PkRevolution

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Good news that solar panel prices are falling down.

I have visited Inter solar (Trade fair) last month June 2012 in Munich Germany. There are few Pakistani companies who have started making own production of Solar panels in Pakistan. This will make easy for Pakistani public to buy for less cost and this will also promote Solar use in Pakistan.

Calculation is very simple:

For example you have 5 Bulbs at home each 20watt. This makes together 100 Watt.

You need these bulbs 7 hours a day= 100 Watt X 7 Hours = 700

Sun hours (per day) in Pakistan are average 6 to 7 Hours, we take 6 hours in this example

700 / 6 (Hours of sun per day) = 116.66 Watt Panel

So you need in this example 116,66 watt panel for those 5 Bulbs for 7 hours use. Better to use 120 Watt panel for this example.

Battery required is:

Watt = Volt x Ampere

For 8 Hours storage 8 x 100 = 800 watt battery ( better 1 KW)

Around 70 Ampere battery is required for those 5 bulbs 7 hour usage.

Last edited:

theexile

MPA (400+ posts)
1101263113-1.jpg

Pathfinder

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Solar Energy for Pakistan will beak the shakles of enslavement. In the UK the government is encouraging people to install solar panels on their properties and yet the sun shine is filtered through the clouds but there is no such problems in Pakistan. It is a way forward and MUST be encouraged.

tayashahid

Citizen
I am working here in KSA on system working on solar pannels in desert area. Solar Pnls are affordable but it gives charging current from 0900 to 1500 hours. After that its current is decreasing as sun goes to set.The actual problem is backup batteries.Best performance batteries are consisting on 2.2 volt cell (6).Secondly its capacity should be atleast 24 Hours longworking so that it could remain working till next day charging.It is too costy and an ordinary person cannot afford.If we install 12V truck battery200 AH it costs Rs 18000.from this battery one fan and two energy savers can be energized upto 8 to 10 hrs.This battery will work a maximum of 1 year.Next year it needs replacement.This 2.2 Volt cells are longlife and continue working upto 5 years.If Some body wants help/more information I welcome him.

patriot_purdesi

Senator (1k+ posts)
There are some other ways to save electricity not just costly solar pannels which requires proper maintenance. There are some hand cranking devices not commonly used in Pakistan as in the west. Like hand cranking mobile phone charger that can reduce energy consumption. I saw ppl keep charger plugged-in even mobile phone is not connected and it still consume electricity even mobile phone is not connected. Likewise instead of using chargible lights they can use cheaper hand cranking lights, they do not use any electricity at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Dynamo-Hand-Crank-Emergency-Charger-Phone/dp/B0050VHYJ4/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_0

because is tara to hamray masail mai kami a jay gi na............ or ya humko bilkul b acha nai lagata.....

chandsandhu

MPA (400+ posts)
]:aa: Dear persons, prices of solar energy system were so high, in last two years prices of solar energy system are going down, there is fall of prices at least 40% in last two years, but solar energy system is still very costly. You can say that in Pak rupees 2500 to 3000 per watt and above. Prices depends on the quality of panels and solar inverters. Solar energy system has at least 20 to 25 years life. solar energy system is suitable both for domestic and commercial use. In Europe very big( MW) solar systems are being installed. Ideal temperature for this system is 25 degree . In Pakistan many companies offering solar system for household use in Rs.100000 to 200000. I do not understand this because these systems are not enough for a house, In order to fulfill requirements of normal house there must be a minimum system at least 5kw. Now a days in Europe total cost of 5kw system is 12000 to 15000 Euros. Keep in mind these prices are without battery system. For the night and cloudy days if you are interesting to install battery system there will be extra charges. For this system special batteries are being used whose prices are high. Good thing is that prices of solar energy system are going down day by day.

chandsandhu

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Why dont we promote Solar energy in Pakistan????
:aa: Dear persons, prices of solar energy system were so high, in last two years prices of solar energy system are going down, there is fall of prices at least 40% in last two years, but solar energy system is still very costly. You can say that in Pak rupees 2500 to 3000 per watt and above. Prices depends on the quality of panels and solar inverters. Solar energy system has at least 20 to 25 years life. solar energy system is suitable both for domestic and commercial use. In Europe very big( MW) solar systems are being installed. Ideal temperature for this system is 25 degree . In Pakistan many companies offering solar system for household use in Rs.100000 to 200000. I do not understand this because these systems are not enough for a house, In order to fulfill requirements of normal house there must be a minimum system at least 5kw. Now a days in Europe total cost of 5kw system is 12000 to 15000 Euros. Keep in mind these prices are without battery system. For the night and cloudy days if you are interesting to install battery system there will be extra charges. For this system special batteries are being used whose prices are high. Good thing is that prices of solar energy system are going down day by day.​

Khan.paki

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Zabardast, thanks yar. This is what exactly what i was try to tell my pakistani brothers and sisters. Please dont be scared and dont think this is too expensive, there is so many other solutions, if u realy want to change your life. Zindagi sirf load shedding ki wajah se khataam nanhi huee,

Its 2012 bohat kuch ho sakta hai. Apne country ko tabah karne ki bajaye kuch solutions ki taraf bhi logo ko bataoo. Jo log shop keepers hain wo to must iss ki taraf serious tawajah dein, aur apna karobar tabah na karein.

As i said please give us more opnions and have some discussion. And then protest against govt policy or any thing which stopping to do so. Atleast kissi ko pata to ho ke govt hamein kiyon karne nahi dey gee, then we should contact supreme court.

andrew_paul111

Solar Energy is a great solution to generate power for non commercial purposes and also for small commercial uses as well.solar system is expensive as compared to wind system. solar panel can be attached with wind system.

solar energy uses

khan afghan1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Then who is gonna buy electricity from national grid which is overrun by IPPS.
we are now in the worst slavery of the time.These politicians have their
shares in these IPPS and other like it.People should learn the solar Technology
and go for it.

Khan.paki

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
There should be more shops in pakistan, for solar accessories. I don't know why it doesn't attract business men towards this business?

fibref1

Thanks for such good information. In Pakistan solar panel system is quite cheaper than previous years. The customer now inquiring more for solar system for air conditioners or 5KW solar system.

In other word they are inquiry for the same size of system which is suitable for A/C or Medium sized Home.