Why Crimes in Pakistan increasing rapidly?

Realpaki

Senator (1k+ posts)
Police and GOP publishes crime data for provinces , provincial regions and for districts categorized for all kinds of crimes, Data for number of arrests, reports, fir, courts charges and prosecution success rates is also annually published, . Further there are some scholarly studies for the estimates of real crime vs reported crime, though those are a bit dated.(In every country reported and actual crime rates are different). However comparative data and analysis over the years is not readily available. I thought, when you made a claim for "rapidly Increasing crime rate then you had access to some comparative data which is unknown to me. First I had written a response to your claims to point out that data comparison is no so straight forward due to some technical reason, Digitization, mobile phones and better streamlined police services have resulted in more reporting of crime in the last decade. Further a number of laws have added new cognizable crimes under the jurisdiction of police. However I was not sure about the basis of your claims to discuss the issue. Anyhow now you have clarified that you claims were based on TV reporters and talk shows. Well and good. I think we don't have anything further to discuss. Thank you.
Just for an anecdote, in 2019, murder rate was about half of what it was in 2011 ( the peak was due to karachi and tribal area situation) and it was the lowest in the last three decades by a very significant number. Murder rate has been consistently on decline in the past nine years including the last two years. Murder rate is a good indicator of general crime situation because about all murders/homicides are reported.

Forget about who is in Govt i need to tell Pakistani Rulers be awakened now ! Please do clean up in Pakistani Society we are becoming Ruined day by day our society becoming weaponed society and crimes are increasing on rapid pace.

If you are govt official fulfill your moral duties ask the govt to promulgate strict laws and policies regarding crime control. Mahitir Mohammad Ex-PM of Maylasia is open example for us he first deweaponized the maylasian society and then enforced very strict Policies.

I voted Imran khan my whole family including me was very active during election process but when we observed his style of Government we very much became frustrated.

Imran khan is not corrupt we openly say this but why he is silent and ignoring one point " People who voted him Voted for" Change" Now more than 2 years passed I am very much disappointed from him.

He needs to understand Pakistan needs a leadership who makes clean up in society first society needs to change by govt SOPs then give a stronger vision.

Last edited: