When You're Spiritual Inside,You Don't Fear ANYTHING - IMRAN

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)
Imran Khan: I was a materialist at one point

When you're spiritual inside, you don't fear anything in life, says Imran Khan.

Lifes definition of happiness and spirituality keeps changing as you go along. I believe you dont need to wear your spirituality on your sleeve; just do the right action. That's what gives you happiness. And that's how I find God. I seek God in everyday life as I go out to do my karma. You wont believe I was a materialist at one point in life.

My life as a cricketer was all about winning games and making money. And then I became a spiritualist. I knew there was more to give life than merely being a materialist. That was a turning point in my life. I built a hospital in my mothers name. Today, it is the best hospital for cancer in Pakistan.

My mothers death changed me completely. I was shattered after her death. I was converted. Thats how I became a spiritualist.

Being a spiritualist has given me a lot of peace. I like helping people. The last nine years of my life have been the toughest. Yet, theyve also been my happiest years. Being a spiritual person helps you go through the tough phase of life. I live in the now. I dont look back in life. Its a life philosophy that I believed in right from the very beginning. Change is the only truth in life. It helps you evolve. And I also believe we're meant to suffer. Tough moments teach you a lot.

When we experience moments of truth and awakening, they bring about a paradigm shift in our way of thinking and lives. I'm an alchemist. I always try to be positive. To survive life, you have to be an optimist. When youre spiritual inside, you dont fear anything in life. When we come across failure, we become fearful. We fear death, we fear ridicule. This fear is our biggest enemy. It stops us from achieving our goals and realising our potential.

Remember, struggle strengthens you. It makes you stronger and better. I'm more successful today because Ive overcome my fears. Though I was a materialist, I didnt find peace and happiness in wearing Gucci. I love my white kurtas. Even now, when I need funds for my hospital, I call upon Bollywood stars and international celebrities like Liz Hurley. So, we need stars and celebrities even for good causes.

Realise this: There are no short-cuts in life. Fighting odds gives you perseverance. Struggle. Everyday is a struggle.

mqm-basher

Councller (250+ posts)
nice post bro...may ALLAH bring positive change in all of us and establish us on that for rest of our lives...(ameen)

AKBER BADSHAH

MPA (400+ posts)
nice post.thanks alot. i think he is the man hope for Pakistan and will become strong innext election by people's power. dont forget to vote him.