When will a coronavirus vaccine be ready?

jigrot

Minister (2k+ posts)
Oh please why don't YOU use your brain and find a cure for Censor? Get your other helpers too? ?
‘Allah has sent down both the disease and the cure, and He has appointed a cure for every disease, so treat yourselves medically, but use nothing unlawful." [Abu Dawud, Tibb 11, (3874)]

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
‘Allah has sent down both the disease and the cure, and He has appointed a cure for every disease, so treat yourselves medically, but use nothing unlawful." [Abu Dawud, Tibb 11, (3874)]
Hahaha..Surely there is a cure for every thing but you can't discover it until God wills it.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
That's what your faith says. Don't confuse faith with facts. Knowledge by definition is information/skill acquired by humans through studying the world around which enabled us to build things like houses, cars, airplanes and vaccine. What we do not know is not called knowledge, its called the unknown.

I am sorry but I don't agree with you. Humans have this brain since inception yet their knowledge is only a drop out of the sea of knowledge. God is the only One " All Knowing"
and He gives knowledge to whosoever and when ever He pleases. Why don't you read Quran and then you will know what I was talking about.

Vitamin_C

Its not just medicine or chemistry that we use to deal with these pandemics. Statisticians and Mathematicians are also helping by building models that help us make decisions that minimize loss of human life even in the absence of cure or medicine. Which means our knowledge is already helping us minimize the damage.

You have to understand that a cure @ 100 percent is not possible. Example is Flue, Cancer, Ulcers etc. you can only do so much against these diseases. Some are curable , some can be controlled and some has no cure what so ever.
Human Brain is a function of brain size, Neurons etc. and has a physical limit. Nevertheless we should try and control what we can but the big picture is " Humans will always be Prone to Diseases for which there will not be a cure "

Saboo

That's what your faith says. Don't confuse faith with facts. Knowledge by definition is information/skill acquired by humans through studying the world around which enabled us to build things like houses, cars, airplanes and vaccine. What we do not know is not called knowledge, its called the unknown.
Simply put, unknown is knowledge of a person or a thing not known to us yet.
Would it not be called knowledge of the fact that some thing is out there but still unknown?

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
if there was a cure for every diseases than a lot of Prophets and Sahabas would not have succumbed to simple diseases like Fever, Leprosy etc. etc. Please do not defame religion by making false claims. It is natural to die and Islam never claimed that there is cure for every disease,
Would it not be called knowledge of the fact that some thing is out there but still unknown?
Its not just medicine or chemistry that we use to deal with these pandemics. Statisticians and Mathematicians are also helping by building models that help us make decisions that minimize loss of human life even in the absence of cure or medicine. Which means our knowledge is already helping us minimize the damage.
I have already phrased it but in a different way. The bottom line was that not necessarily all human efforts lead to a cure. Example millions still die to Cancer, flue and Malaria. Even with the most advanced scientific tool we can only do so much. There is a limit to growth both economic and intellectual. Human intelligence although remarkable compared to other animals still has its limits.

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)

I agree with u here. The fact that u acknowledge that the unknown exist is also a "Knowledge".

Vitamin_C

How can you know about something that you don't know about?

Vitamin_C

We know that the universe is expanding but we do not know what force is causing that expansion, we label that specific unknown as black matter.

The difference is that in this case we have external evidence of that unknown (expansion of the universe). But what I wouldn't call knowledge is things that we have no indication of. In that case we have no reason to acknowledge the existence of an unknown that we have no indication about.

I agree with u here. The fact that u acknowledge that the unknown exist is also a "Knowledge".

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
We know that the universe is expanding but we do not know what force is causing that expansion, we label that specific unknown as black matter.

The difference is that in this case we have external evidence of that unknown (expansion of the universe). But what I wouldn't call knowledge is things that we have no indication of. In that case we have no reason to acknowledge the existence of an unknown that we have no indication about.

A complex debate this is. What is knowledge and what is science. Each one of us would see things differently here. Science is a systematized knowledge of facts, the truth of which can be verified by experimentation. But then not necessarily all knowledge can be proven by science. This will get very dry and philosophical and we may lead to many tangents and unable to convince each other. Anyways it was a nice engagement. Thank you Sir.

Saboo

Exactly.That is why the fact that some thing, though not visible to the naked eye, is out there, unseen, maybe in another dimension, is called 'Ilm ul Ghaib' i.e the knowledge of the unseen.

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

Its true that science cannot uncover everything but it is the only methods human have to uncover anything.

A complex debate this is. What is knowledge and what is science. Each one of us would see things differently here. Science is a systematized knowledge of facts, the truth of which can be verified by experimentation. But then not necessarily all knowledge can be proven by science. This will get very dry and philosophical and we may lead to many tangents and unable to convince each other. Anyways it was a nice engagement. Thank you Sir.

Saboo

[/QUOTE
I don't know much about science but as I understand , the expansion of the universe is caused by a force called dark energy , that is negative energy and not to be confused with dark matter, which is matter we can't see. And now you are saying that it is black matter ( not dark matter) which is causing the expansion?

Saboo

You know I am there because you have evidence to believe I am there ie me writting this reply. Therefore it is not an unknown.
Hahaha! this writing is no concrete proof you are there? Any one can write it saying it was you? So you are still an unknown. ?

Vitamin_C

The person writing this message exists is a known... Who that person is, is an unknown. So you the only thing you know here, (that the person writing this message exists) is based on evidence. The other thing you do not know (Who is the person writing this message) is due to lack of evidence. That proves my point. What you know is based on the evidence what you do not know is based on the absence of evidence.

Hahaha! this writing is no concrete proof you are there? Any one can write it saying it was you? So you are still an unknown. ?

Vitamin_C

Dark energy is just a placeholder term for an unknown energy that is affecting the universe. We do not know what it is yet, we just know of its affects.