Whatsapp calling goes live [INVITE ONLY]

Ali.Pakistani

Senator (1k+ posts)
A few weeks ago, WhatsApp's Call feature made a small appearance for a few users, but at the time almost no one was able to trigger it reliably and keep it activated. The company appears to have flipped a few switches in its servers and the function is confirmed to work for those running version 2.11.528 from the Play Store, or 2.11.531 from WhatsApp's website.

nexus2cee_whatsapp-calling-1-329x585.png
nexus2cee_whatsapp-calling-3-329x585.png

So as you are suspecting, the "invite" or, more accurately, the trigger that enables the feature has to be the reception of a call from someone who already has it. (Or maybe this terminal trick still works, I'm not sure.) Once that happens, WhatsApp's UI switches (either immediately or after you exit and reopen the app) from just showing chats, to a 3-tab layout with calls, chats, and contacts.

Calls are well integrated in WhatsApp. The dedicated tab shows incoming, outgoing, and missed calls with precise timing. Ongoing calls stay in the notification panel until you hang up while missed calls leave a notification that you can later check out. While on a call, you can activate the loudspeaker or mute the microphone. If you open your text chats with any contact, a call button appears in the action bar, right next to the attach icon and the menu, to make it easier to talk to them. And finally, if you click a contact's avatar, you now get a bigger profile image with the options to message or call them, or view their information.

When you're lucky enough to receive a WhatsApp call from a friend, you can go on enabling the feature by calling your other contacts. If they're running an older version of the app that doesn't support it, you will instantly see a message notifying you of that so you can tell them to update their app before you call them. Now all you have to do is cross your fingers and hope that someone shares the riches with you so you can spread them further.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

kpkpak

Minister (2k+ posts)
well I have activated it, but other people in my list do not have, so as i try to call them, it gives message , "other person mobiles need to update the app to receive whatsapp calls".

kpkpak

Minister (2k+ posts)
1. root your mobile (rooting your mobile means you get access to the system files, so do it at your own risk, do search how to root your mobile)

2. install root explorer

now follow these steps:

STEPS:-
  1. Install the latest apk (Of course)
  2. Open any root explorer (es file explorer preferred ) and navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
  3. Add these 2 lines anywhere in the file but within the <map></map> and save
    Code:
    <boolean name="call" value="true" />
    <string name="call_allowed">all</string>
  4. Then go to Settings/Apps/Whatsapp and force stop it !
  5. Open the app again (duh!)
kese activate kia ?

kpkpak

Minister (2k+ posts)
if you do not know how to root your mobile: here is the procedure:

http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/30/root-android-device-framaroot-method/

kese activate kia ?

1. root your mobile (rooting your mobile means you get access to the system files, so do it at your own risk, do search how to root your mobile)

2. install root explorer

now follow these steps:

2. Open any root explorer (es file explorer preferred ) and navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
    Code:

kpkpak

Minister (2k+ posts)
I asked my brother to update his whatspp, then I tried to call him, then i asked him to restart his whatsapp, now he has this option too, but as I try to call him it drops immediately without any ring to him.

Waqassa

MPA (400+ posts)

2. install root explorer

now follow these steps:

Code:

I am using iphone 6 and already jailbroken Is there anyway to activate this on iphone (i also have flex2 )? or will you please invite me on 03360888850 ?