What least I can do as an overseas Pakistani for the betterment of Pakistan

Firefly

Voter (50+ posts)
Since I move abroad the love for Pakistan increased day by day and it was so much that i never felt same like even when I was living in Pakistan.

I start looking for some area where I can play my part in the betterment of Pakistan and first thought I should be very fair in dealings and act like i am an ambassador of Pakistan as i have to interact with a lot of nationalities on daily basis. This is the least somebody can do but then while listening to some of lectures by Imran Khan i realize that we the youth of Pakistan needs to be politicize if we want to change our country and make it Quad's and Allama Iqbal's Paksitan.

Since i gain interests in politics, the closest political party i found to my ideology was PTI and a big share is of Imran Khan which i believe is incorruptible, honest and dedicated to Pakistan.

I am now a paying member of PTI which means i am paying $10 Dolalrs a month which to be honest is very less and can be compared to a one time meal at fast food chain. But the satisfaction that i get from it is great as I thought this part may help in betterment of Pakistan.

I urge other Paksitan specially living abroad to become paying member so that with these funds more and more PTI offices can be build across the country to make it a proper institution.

Another reason influenced me to become paying member was the transparency of the party funds as they publish annual audit reports of their assets and liabilities.

http://www.insaf.pk/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=ak8YRMKMEKU%3d&tabid=60

http://www.insaf.pk/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=oD8TSRPxA40%3d&tabid=60

May Allah make us more and more productive day by day ameen.

zubair.maalick

MPA (400+ posts)
If somebody is earning in Dollars/Euros/Pounds, I think he/she can easily afford School fee and monthly expenditure of one poor kid.
In September I calculated it around 40-60 Euros.
Being a Human, Muslim, Pakistani, I think it is the best service to educate somebody ....

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Another good idea besides helping children/students in Pakistan is to buy Made in Pakistan stuff, even if we do not need those things but we can buy them and give them in donation,stuff worth $10 a month or less or more can creat job opportunities for many Pakistanis in Pakistan with this.

sahiL

Senator (1k+ posts)
its a great idea and great work you guys r doing......
just a silly thought and off the topic a bit.................
its for the ppl who live abroad.......shouldn,t they be able to vote even if they can,t go to pakistan during election days........
i mean i know the fact its hard but they can come up with some solution..........kuz if they get to vote......Imran khan is going to win Inshallah

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
If somebody is earning in Dollars/Euros/Pounds, I think he/she can easily afford School fee and monthly expenditure of one poor kid.
In September I calculated it around 40-60 Euros.
Being a Human, Muslim, Pakistani, I think it is the best service to educate somebody ....
Excellent Idea,

Feeding one orphan specially for education is million times better than throwing your money on Pakistani products, except couple of things you will not find anything which worth buying, so better to spend your Dollars, Euros, Pounds on these needy kids.

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
If you are rich, open modern school in some remote and must downtrodden community or village of Pakistan. If you are not that rich then sponsor a child education (child who wants to study but too poor) for 1 year or 10 years depending on your income. Biggest gift in this world is gift of knowledge. My personal suggestion would be to sponsor a Hindu girl child in Pakistan till she is young enough to fend for herself. Helping some one with whom you have no association is bliss.

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
What Pakistan needs from Pakistanis is investment in education.... whether it is time ... or money or whatever...

Supporting and paying to political parties and thinking that they (whether it s A, B or C) are going to do the job for us is running away from our responsibilities....

@Abbasi Bhai...

Nice to see you after such a long time... Hope u ve been well...

Last edited:

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
If your wife has gold jewelry and you have enough savings that both of you are liable to pay Zakkat in it, please give zakat to a poor child in Pakistan for his education, and if you have some more to spend, and you can afford you may double the amount from your side. I know many people doing this and making very good use of their Zakkat and donations.
Jazzak Allah to all of you.

Last edited:

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
I will say, its a wonderful idea, I dont want to support any political party in Pakistan however I am interested in supporting Pakitan and peopel of Pakistan, here is some more idea. Follow all these because pakistan is our Country, a muslim country and help our brother and sister mean You are helping Islam

Work hard to sponsor your own brother, sister, realtives or friends
Sponsor a pakistani student in abord or help pakistani student
Find a job or business for your pakistani fellow
Transfer Technology to Pakistan
Transfer business to Pakistan
Import stuff from Pakistan
Just help for pakistani people regardless their birth city. No discrimation
Send money to Pakistan for support all good cause

You work hard to EARN this money, Do NOT Waste your money. One day we all have to answer how we spend our money and how much we care others

Humble Pakistani

Councller (250+ posts)
I am thrilled with the response of Education. I feel Pakistan can be saved only by education... It is a young country! 80% of the population is less than 30 years old! I live in Seattle and what we have done in the last 5 years we have build 4 schools through TCF (the citizen's foundation) a One Girls School through HDF. I find the citizen's foundation, a great organization that is operating world standard schools for underprivileged children in under privileged areas. Look them up at http://www.tcfusa.org/ It costs about $160,000 to build a school grounds up and to run it for three years. You can organize fundraisers in your respective cities. Overseas Pakistanis specially ones living in the US can help educate Pakistan.

You can also get involved with politicians in your state to influence them of pro-Pakistan issues. Get involved and organize and visit their office to meet with them. Invite them to your homes or events so they can see your communities. We are very active in this regard in Seattle. By the way Seattle, in May 2010, raised over half million for Imran Khan’s Cancer Center and about a little more for Flood Relief in Ramazan.

anglopakiman

Voter (50+ posts)
As an overseas Pakistani myself, I contribute to Pakistan by sending remittances to my family so that my nieces and nephews can attend school and my brothers can survive. One day I hope to save enough to also send any children I have to university so they can come to Pakistan as educated members of society and work to make Pakistan a better place.

sahiL

Senator (1k+ posts)
our religion teaches us......help poors....it doesn,t say....help muslim poors only
thanx 4 ur suggestion tho
If you are rich, open modern school in some remote and must downtrodden community or village of Pakistan. If you are not that rich then sponsor a child education (child who wants to study but too poor) for 1 year or 10 years depending on your income. Biggest gift in this world is gift of knowledge. My personal suggestion would be to sponsor a Hindu girl child in Pakistan till she is young enough to fend for herself. Helping some one with whom you have no association is bliss.