What a sick world needs - Medicine & Food

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)
akrales_170317_1516_A_0092.0.0.jpg

There are many pundits who at this time talking about exports this and that and incentive to do so. If these duffers live in this world then they should know that there is no demand for anything except medicines and food.

GM & Ford have shut down their car manufacturing plants and will be making ventilators and masks.

Even designers, luxury labels and fashion conglomerates are all stepping up to help overcome shortages of masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) in some of the hardest-hit countries.

So if you don't have a brain, then at least try to copy what others are doing to cope with these trying times.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
4+ billion Iphones and Galaxy Notes (not counting their lower units and other brands like nokia, htc, lg, huawie etc) were produced in the last decade by a single manufacturer Foxconn alone but world's production units can't handle testing kits and ventilators. That just baffles me.
As for ford and tesla, they're being forced to "help" it's either that or getting having their factories taken over by the gov, at least for now which it can.

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)
4+ billion Iphones and Galaxy Notes (not counting their lower units and other brands like nokia, htc, lg, huawie etc) were produced in the last decade by a single manufacturer Foxconn alone but world's production units can't handle testing kits and ventilators. That just baffles me.
As for ford and tesla, they're being forced to "help" it's either that or getting having their factories taken over by the gov, at least for now which it can.

There is no such thing as factories taken over by the US government. Rather they are responding to need of the hour.

Iconoclast

There is no such thing as factories taken over by the US government. Rather they are responding to need of the hour.

Then you aren't well informed. In times of wars and crises, the gov can take over any factory and put it to whatever it needs.
What was ford producing during WWII? BMW? Mitsubishi Carl Zeiss AG?
I'm not saying they're taken over. What I'm saying is they had two options, voluntarily pitch in or get taken over.

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)
Then you aren't well informed. In times of wars and crises, the gov can take over any factory and put it to whatever it needs.
What was ford producing during WWII? BMW? Mitsubishi Carl Zeiss AG?

Don't makeup things. Know your facts.

By the end of the war, Ford had built 86,865 complete aircraft, 57,851 airplane engines, 4,291 military gliders, and thousands of engine superchargers and generators (Henry Ford: Helped Lead American World War II Production Efforts)!

Iconoclast

Don't makeup things. I am part of it and know what it is.
Then you must suck at what you do if you think I'm making things up lol. Anyways you can do your own research if you want to. I ain't turning this into a pissing contest to tend to your ego.

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)

Ford, General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles announced on March 18 they will suspend all production in the US, Canada, and Mexico starting March 19 as it steps up to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19.

(A week later) Ford Motor Co. said Tuesday (March 24) that it will team up with 3M to produce a new design of a powered air-purifying respirator that uses parts from both companies. The PAPR would have ready-made parts, such as fans for airflow, from Ford F-150s’ cooled seats, as well as 3M HEPA air filters to eliminate airborne contaminants such as droplets that carry virus particles, according to Ford.

He (Trump) has invoked but not yet enacted the federal Defense Production Act, which would compel U.S. manufacturers to produce items necessary for the national defense, such as PPE.

In the US, there is debate about why Trump is not enacting the Defense Production Act. So at this point, the US government has appealed but not compelled the US industry to produce PPE.

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ford, General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles announced on March 18 they will suspend all production in the US, Canada, and Mexico starting March 19 as it steps up to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19.

(A week later) Ford Motor Co. said Tuesday (March 24) that it will team up with 3M to produce a new design of a powered air-purifying respirator that uses parts from both companies. The PAPR would have ready-made parts, such as fans for airflow, from Ford F-150s’ cooled seats, as well as 3M HEPA air filters to eliminate airborne contaminants such as droplets that carry virus particles, according to Ford.

He (Trump) has invoked but not yet enacted the federal Defense Production Act, which would compel U.S. manufacturers to produce items necessary for the national defense, such as PPE.

In the US, there is debate about why Trump is not enacting the Defense Production Act. So at this point, the US government has appealed but not compelled the US industry to produce PPE.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/27...ventilators-under-defense-production-act.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e-an-authoritarian-power-grab/?outputType=amp