We are chasing PayPal, I sent a special message to Paypal CEO - Asad Umer

Geek

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

5c61533b36375.jpg

Finance Minister Asad Umar on Monday rubbished reports that the federal government is impeding PayPal's entry into the Pakistani market, claiming that it is actually "chasing" the online payments giant.

Umar, while speaking at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Peshawar, was asked if his ministry or any other federal institution was against PayPal expanding its operations into Pakistan.

"What you've been told about PayPal is completely wrong," the finance minister told the reporter who had raised the query.

"PayPal is neither stuck at my desk, nor the State Bank, nor any other government institution. The situation is actually reverse. We are [actually] chasing PayPal. I took this even though this issue is not directly related to me," he said.

"I know that this is a fantastic source for the employment of our youth, our boys and girls who work from their homes. The nonavailability of PayPal or any other effective online payment system causes them a lot of problems. This is why I took the initiative myself and had a message sent to the PayPal chief executive officer and told him that, 'This is such an important issue, if you want, I can fly to the US myself and meet you'. We have made contact with them and initiated a dialogue with them."

Umar said that in addition to his efforts to bring PayPal to Pakistan, he is working on another online payment system.

"After PayPal, the second [biggest online payment system] in the world is AliPay, whose subsidiary is Ant Financial. This Ant Financial has acquired the majority shares of Telenor Bank, which previously used to be Tameer Bank. In my talks with them, they have assured me that among their first few projects will be an online payment system. So that [is also on the table] but we will keep on chasing PayPal as well."

In Nov 2015, the IT Ministry had announced that it was set to invite global online payment giants PayPal and Alibaba to offer their services in Pakistan. It remains unclear whether the invitation was officially advanced and what the duo's responses were.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

iltaf

There are lots of other alternatives to Paypal if they are reluctant. This will very much boost the IT industry in specific. It was a challenge for me to transfer $2000 to a client of mine a few weeks ago.

kayawish

There are lots of other alternatives to Paypal if they are reluctant. This will very much boost the IT industry in specific. It was a challenge for me to transfer $2000 to a client of mine a few weeks ago.
from that $2000 your client will get like $1,941 because paypal will take $58.30 fee from him and on other hand Skrill to skrill is free.

muhammadadeel

بس دعا کیا کرو بھائی دعا
اگر پاکستان ٹیم دعا سے فائنل سیمی فائنل کھیل سکتی ہے

تو آپ کی دعا سے بس آنکھیں بند کر کے دعا کریں
کام کا نہ سوچیں اُس کے لیے تو اللہ فرشتے بھی نازل کر دے گا

Imran Siddiqi

Minister (2k+ posts)
بس دعا کیا کرو بھائی دعا
اگر پاکستان ٹیم دعا سے فائنل سیمی فائنل کھیل سکتی ہے

تو آپ کی دعا سے بس آنکھیں بند کر کے دعا کریں
کام کا نہ سوچیں اُس کے لیے تو اللہ فرشتے بھی نازل کر دے گا
Dua ke Liay Allah Tawakkul Shart hai. Liberals ke liay kafi Mushkil Kaam hai yeh.

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If Paypal is brought into Pakistan it will be a boost to the online business and freelancing.

iltaf

from that $2000 your client will get like $1,941 because paypal will take $58.30 fee from him and on other hand Skrill to skrill is free.

I had a skrill (moneybookers days) account but they started charging a lot to my local bank transfers. Mjhy 60,000 ka thoook laga as I had a transaction which they converted to dollars to Pounds and then rupees, using bank rate :angryred:

So left skrill since that day.

alas_justice

MPA (400+ posts)
Paypal is not a trustworthy company. Search google and you will find a lot of stuff on them. They are not regulated properly worldwide and have extremely poor customer service. I had some personal experience with them a few years ago.

muhammadadeel

If Paypal is brought into Pakistan it will be a boost to the online business and freelancing.
I think it wud make a very little difference if at all. Look at China, Western European they don't rely on Paypal or has anything to do with their financial e-commerce backbone.

Steyn

Paypal is not a trustworthy company. Search google and you will find a lot of stuff on them. They are not regulated properly worldwide and have extremely poor customer service. I had some personal experience with them a few years ago.

What? Paypal is the most secure and trustworthy service in the world.

Several people tried to scam me and Paypal got my side.,

Only scammers hate Paypal.

Kamran Stu

MPA (400+ posts)
Talks under way to bring PayPal to Pakistan

NewsDesk

original

Finance Minister Asad Umar while speaking at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Peshawar, on Monday has rubbished reports that the federal government is impeding PayPal’s entry into the Pakistani market, claiming that it is actually “chasing” the online payments giant.
At the meeting, the Federal Minister was asked if his ministry or any other federal institution was against PayPal expanding its operations into Pakistan.
“What you’ve been told about PayPal is completely wrong,” the finance minister replied to the reporter who had raised the question.
“PayPal is neither stuck at my desk, nor the State Bank, nor any other government institution. The situation is actually reverse. We are [actually] chasing PayPal. I took this even though this issue is not directly related to me,” he said.
He further added, “I know that this is a fantastic source for the employment of our youth, our boys and girls who work from their homes. The nonavailability of PayPal or any other effective online payment system causes them a lot of problems. This is why I took the initiative myself and had a message sent to the PayPal chief executive officer and told him that, ‘This is such an important issue, if you want, I can fly to the US myself and meet you’. We have made contact with them and initiated a dialogue with them.”
Asad Umer has also revealed that he is also working on another online payment system, in addition to his efforts to bring PayPal to Pakistan
“After PayPal, the second [biggest online payment system] in the world is AliPay, whose subsidiary is Ant Financial. This Ant Financial has acquired the majority shares of Telenor Bank, which previously used to be Tameer Bank. In my talks with them, they have assured me that among their first few projects will be an online payment system. So that [is also on the table] but we will keep on chasing PayPal as well.”
Earlier this month, the State Bank of Pakistan said that Pakistan had failed to document straight money worth $1.5 billion due to unavailability of online payment systems such as PayPal in the country.
It was earlier in Nov 2015, the IT Ministry had announced that it was set to invite global online payment giants PayPal and Alibaba to offer their services in Pakistan. further details in this regard were not made public, whether the invitation was officially sent and what was the response from both if the said online payment giants.

Source

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Another drama. We don't care about damn paypal.

Besharam Khan, please stop looting us on gas bills. During Nawaz tenure we never received such high gas bills.

Allah Gharaq Karee Is puppet Khan Ko aur is naya Pakistan ko.