Uzma Khan’s lawyer withdraws from case after reported settlement

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ghar ka masla hai, ghar tak hi rahny do. Its day to day issue in Pakistan for such cases.

Yes women violated the law but same happen everyday.

yahyakhan100

MPA (400+ posts)
There is moral collapse in Pakistani society. This case has exposed every single section of the society starting from IK, Punjab Govt & police, army and ISI, Media holy guns, lawyers and general population. What Americans said long time back that Pakistanis can sell there mothers for money is proved right.

AFAQ AHMED

Councller (250+ posts)
Both of thw m are wrong in this incident. But Malik Riaz daugjter should be prosecuted. Every powerful in this country thinks he is above the law... Very sad situation.

Geek

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Uzma-Khan-and-Amna-Usman.png

Days after a local court issued the arrest warrants for the three women who attacked actress Uzma Khan and her sister, reports emerged on Monday that both parties have settled the matter out of court.

Meanwhile, Uzma’s counsel Khadija Siddiqui also disassociated herself from the case.

Speaking to Pakistan Today, she said that although her client is yet to confirm or deny whether a settlement had taken place, the word is that both parties have settled the matter out of court.

“My entire struggle has been against lawlessness and I want the law to be equal for everyone,” she said. “I did not want this to go towards a settlement.”

She said that there was a lot of pressure on them during the past few days and a settlement appeared to be on the cards, but now that speculations about the same are strong, she could not be part of the case anymore as it would compromise her stance.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1267498527124488193
Earlier in the day, a session court granted interim bail to the three women and ordered them to furnish surety bonds of Rs50,000 each. The court also issued notices to the SHO concerned and sought the case record on the next date of hearing.

On May 27, the police registered a case against business tycoon Malik Riaz’s two daughters Pashmina Malik and Ambar Malik, and his niece Amina Usman Malik, along with 15 other persons, after Uzma accused them of forcibly barging into her house and attacking her.

Multiple videos of the incident went viral on social media, which showed the women entering the actress’ house and threatening her for allegedly having an extramarital affair with a man named Usman Malik, who is said to be related to Riaz. The ladies could be seen hurling abuses at Uzma and her sister while threatening to have them ‘picked up by intelligence agencies’ as well.

The property tycoon also rejected all allegations in a tweet and said that he would be filing defamation cases against anyone who tries to “implicate me wrongfully for such disgraceful incidents”.

A day later, the actress held a press conference at the Lahore Press Club, where her legal team claimed that the house the accused broke into did not belong to Usman or his wife Amna, a claim that had been made by the latter in a video, but instead their client was the legal occupant of the property. However, Pakistan Today found that the property in Defence Housing Authority (DHA) was rented out to one Fahad Noor in January and the landlord did not even know that she was residing there.

Pakcola

Senator (1k+ posts)
لگتا ہے اب عظمی خان کے کمرے سے ملک ریاض پکڑا جائیگا

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
کھسرا زنخا اور گے حسنات نیازی ہیجڑوں کی طرح بولنے والا کدھر گیا

Spartacus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Uzma Khan , Amna Malick and Usman Malick , Love Triangle .

Watch my prediction at 04:57 video time . Where I gave my prediction what you people are witnessing now :)

Moula Jutt

Minister (2k+ posts)
ثابت ھوا کہ اسلامی جمھوریہ پاکستان ۔ کنجروں اور بے ضمیروں کی ایک ایسی آماجگاہ ھے جہاں صیح قیمت لگانے سے سر راہ لٹی ھوئی عزت بھی واپس مل جاتی ھے اور مظلوم اور بے کس دکھنے والے والدین کو ان کا اکلوتا قتل ھونے والا بیٹا یا بیٹی بھی واپس مل جاتا ھے۔
اور ان کی حمایت میں دن رات آوازیں اٹھانے والے چوتیا اور بیووقوف۔ عوام جو ہمیشہ راستے میں پڑی لکڑی لینے کے عادی ھیں ان کی کھرک بھی پوری ھو جاتی ھے۔
یہی وجہ ھے کہ صدیوں سے دوسرے خطوں سے لوگ آکر ان کی بنڈ بھی کوٹتے رھے ھیں اور حکمرانی بھی کرتے تھے ۔ مطلب کل کے گدھے آج بھی گدھے ھیں ۔
اس ملک میں جتنا بڑا کنجر اتنا بڑا عزت دار بس حرام مال وافر ھونا شرط ھے۔

Last edited: