US television host ridicules Golden Temple,India strongly condemns

jagbani

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
India has strongly objected to the remark on the Golden Temple by popular US television host Jay Leno, terming it quite unfortunate.Leno, the host of the popular The Tonight Show on NBC channel, flashed a picture of the Golden Temple, the holiest Sikh shrine in Amritsar on his programme and termed it as a possible summer home of Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney

Read more:- http://www.hindsamachar.in/23102/Hind-Samachar/Hindsamachar-24-Jan-2012#p=page:n=3:z=1

Amritsar-romney_2116935b.jpg

Utopian

Councller (250+ posts)
That shows that TV hosts not only in Pakistan but all over the world have small heads and Big Mouths..... especially American think of themselves a 'Super Race' but in fact they are 'United Stupids of America'(USA)....

This is Jay Leno, a famous stupid from USA:
jay-leno-0.jpg

Last edited:

Unicorn

Banned
Here we go many religious people going up in arms over a joke by a comedian. Indian government is getting into the act as well trying to score some points. Maybe the Indian government should also tell us why the attack on Golden Temple took place during the birth day celebrations of Guru Arjan Dev resulting in unnecessary deaths of many people.

Mr. Jay Leno why don't you take a shot us agnostics and see if we care:lol:. I love religions satire all kinds I wish I could post here specially the Christian one Particularly the Hindu and Sikh but I can't.:lol:

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I agree that people have to lighten up. There are intentional offensive jokes to ridicule a religion or even agnostics and then there are light hearted comments.

Opportunists - and politicians leaders top the list of opportunists and in some cases unscrupullous religious leaders - are always ready to jump on it and take the issue where it should never be taken.

Here we go many religious people going up in arms over a joke by a comedian. Indian government is getting into the act as well trying to score some points. Maybe the Indian government should also tell us why the attack on Golden Temple took place during the birth day celebrations of Guru Arjan Dev resulting in unnecessary deaths of many people.

Mr. Jay Leno why don't you take a shot us agnostics and see if we care:lol:. I love religions satire all kinds I wish I could post here specially the Christian one Particularly the Hindu and Sikh but I can't.:lol:

Unicorn

Banned
I agree that people have to lighten up. There are intentional offensive jokes to ridicule a religion or even agnostics and then there are light hearted comments.

Opportunists - and politicians leaders top the list of opportunists and in some cases unscrupullous religious leaders - are always ready to jump on it and take the issue where it should never be taken.

Romany is a billionaire so he showed average homes for other candidate and GOLDEN temple for the billionaire. Most probably his joke writers wrote the joke.

There is a poem by Arjan Dev in the Sikh scripture that says " Ustan Ninda na hijay, Baari meet samaan, Kaho Nanak sun rey mana Mutke teh Jann. A person who finds no difference in insult and praise or friend and foe is destined for salvation. If the Sikhs feel insulted by his comments according to their own scriptures they have a lot of work to do. Sikhs are no different than anyone going up in arms over jokes like this is the only expression of love not the contents of their scriptures when they are relevant.

eysonm

Minister (2k+ posts)
one should highlight issues if you find govt is hiding something in it. People should know what exactly happened. Like LAAL Masjid. but i think sensitive topics should not be joked.

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Romney is rich but he is not a billionaire - but i agree with you that it was probably some intern searching on google for a golden palace and liked the picture of golden temple - i am sure he would not have known golden temple from a mormon temple or from shirley temple ;-)

Anyway, you are right - that all of us need to learn to take a joke and I could understand if it was purposefully designed to insult or hurt but in this case it was some kid on google doing the search and coming up a pic which seemed as if it was made out of gold.

Its not even the case of deep reading of the scriptures of religious texts - its the case of missing common sense :-)

Romany is a billionaire so he showed average homes for other candidate and GOLDEN temple for the billionaire. Most probably his joke writers wrote the joke.

There is a poem by Arjan Dev in the Sikh scripture that says " Ustan Ninda na hijay, Baari meet samaan, Kaho Nanak sun rey mana Mutke teh Jann. A person who finds no difference in insult and praise or friend and foe is destined for salvation. If the Sikhs feel insulted by his comments according to their own scriptures they have a lot of work to do. Sikhs are no different than anyone going up in arms over jokes like this is the only expression of love not the contents of their scriptures when they are relevant.

Keepinformed

Siasat.pk - Blogger
I am not sure if Conan O'brian would agree that Leno is a decent guy ;-)

Personally I think Conan is better than Jay in real life if you watch their documentaries but some how on the screen Jay leno some how has better jokes.

Perhaps he has a better team of writers.

GO CONAN!