US Department of State: No notification about Pakistan PM visit to US

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)

Following is the script of the question asked to US State Department representative:

QUESTION: Just a few quick scheduling updates from you. Pakistani leader Imran Khan is coming to the U.S. later this month. What are the meetings scheduled here? Anything that you can give us on that?

MS ORTAGUS: To my knowledge, that has actually not been confirmed by the White House. I know that I have read the same reports that you have, but I would reach out to the White House to confirm or not confirm that visit, but that’s – we don’t have anything to announce here from the State Department.

If the US State Department is unaware of the visit then it would not have prepared for any meeting between President Trump and PM Imran Khan either. In that case, Imran Khan shouldn't plan to go to the US, especially Washington D.C.

remykhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
What's point going there when there is no invitation, our home office is nothing more than a clumsy office if the report is true. Someone has to pull their finger out in that office.

chnaveed

Voter (50+ posts)
I think Foreign minister should be fired for this leak. If something like that was scheduled, it should have been kept a secret because now india can put pressure on USA to avoid this meeting.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Statement from the Press Secretary on the Visit of His Excellency Imran Khan, Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
FOREIGN POLICY

Issued on: July 10, 2019
President Donald J. Trump will welcome Prime Minister Imran Khan of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to the White House on July 22, 2019. The visit will focus on strengthening cooperation between the United States and Pakistan to bring peace, stability, and economic prosperity to a region that has seen far too much conflict. President Trump and Prime Minister Khan will discuss a range of issues, including counterterrorism, defense, energy, and trade, with the goal of creating the conditions for a peaceful South Asia and an enduring partnership between our two countries.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...han-prime-minister-islamic-republic-pakistan/