Unbelievable !!! Girl from Faisalabad won 18 medals

Medicine study in Pakistan consists of very thin books and students do rataa day and night. No real knowledge, just a piece of paper and fake gold medals. I better use google to diagnose and do self medication for myself
Medicine study in Pakistan consists of very thin books and students do rataa day and night. No real knowledge, just a piece of paper and fake gold medals. I better use google to diagnose and do self medication for myself
Very ill informed opinion, medicine study in Pakistan govt. colleges provides you a good foundation although residency/fellowship is best in US, personally know this fact not just an opinion.

Khattak_KSA

MPA (400+ posts)
Such a shame that they would reduce the gold medal to ashes with these acts. We can’t keave anything respectable for too long in Pakistan. Any gold medalist by default tops all professional exams and pretty much every exam. If we start giving gold medal for each subject in each professional exam then I know students who can qualify for 30 gold medals. Shame on the university who did this for cheap publicity. Good luck to the female for. Ring gold medalist as it’s not her fault that the gold medal is develaued by these acts.

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)

Partially agree with you, the admission in M.B,B.S after 12 grade is not a good idea as it does not provide a good foundation in sciences . I think it should be after at least 14 or 16 years of educations like it is in other countries. This will ensure more mature and committed people enter medical school. The ones who can make it to the US or UK programs are relatively better students who owe their success to their own hard work . Majority of the medical school graduates in Pakistan are mediocre or don't even work as doctors after graduating. There is no criteria to judge who is a good doctor and who is not because practice of medicine is both an art and a science. I have seen incompetent sweet tongue doctors in UK and USA who are loved by their patients, and grumpy intelligent surgeons who are hated by patients.

kakamuna420

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Such a shame that they would reduce the gold medal to ashes with these acts. We can’t keave anything respectable for too long in Pakistan. Any gold medalist by default tops all professional exams and pretty much every exam. If we start giving gold medal for each subject in each professional exam then I know students who can qualify for 30 gold medals. Shame on the university who did this for cheap publicity. Good luck to the female for. Ring gold medalist as it’s not her fault that the gold medal is develaued by these acts.
Gold will finish in the world

kakamuna420

Partially agree with you, the admission in M.B,B.S after 12 grade is not a good idea as it does not provide a good foundation in sciences . I think it should be after at least 14 or 16 years of educations like it is in other countries. This will ensure more mature and committed people enter medical school. The ones who can make it to the US or UK programs are relatively better students who owe their success to their own hard work . Majority of the medical school graduates in Pakistan are mediocre or don't even work as doctors after graduating. There is no criteria to judge who is a good doctor and who is not because practice of medicine is both an art and a science. I have seen incompetent sweet tongue doctors in UK and USA who are loved by their patients, and grumpy intelligent surgeons who are hated by patients.
Correct as in USa it is 4 + 6 to become a doctor. In Pakistan it is 5 year rataa. Most girls get in to medical schools in pakistan to get good proposals

kakamuna420

Very ill informed opinion, medicine study in Pakistan govt. colleges provides you a good foundation although residency/fellowship is best in US, personally know this fact not just an opinion.
Sir it is all corruption. When i was in intermediate exams, there were people who knew the exams before hand while i revised my huge notes. When i went to the elite engineering school in karachi on merit. I had to sit with the same khanzeers who used to solve the exams at home. Shame on us

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Med studies in Pakistan are very tough, and our doctors are highly skilled. Problem is, govt hospitals dont have enough facilities to offer, because of which most of our docs go abroad, or resign themselves to running clinics.
Google diagnosis is not childs play.

Corruption exists, no doubt....but a cleansing process is going on. It takes good governance to cure a society.

paittibahi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Instead of appreciating someones efforts, all intellectuals started making comments, how bad is the education system in Pakistan.
ہمیں شرم آنی چاہئے۔ اپنی خود کی گندی لانڈری تو واشنگ مشین میں دھوتے ہو اور ملک کو گندا کرنے میں کوئی چانس نہی چھوڑتے۔

gorgias

نہیں ایسا بھی نہیں۔ پروفیشنل سٹڈیز رٹے کی بنیاد پر نہیں ہوتے۔ اور ہاں گوگل سے سیلف میڈیکیشن کرنا انتہائی خطر ناک ثابت ہو سکتا ہے۔

Tyrion Lannister

what a naive and low intellect info ur demonstrating, pak's medical system is one of the best in terms of contents and strict examination. You have no idea what ur talking about, good luck with your self examination. Unlike your claim, UK has second highest ratio of pakistani doctors and in USA we are at number 5 in foreign doctors, how would it possible if the base is all rata and blah blah. Pakistani doctors are one of the most competent doctors here in UK

Last edited:

paittibahi

Minister (2k+ posts)
what a naive and low intellect info ur demonstrating, pak's medical system is one of the best in terms of contents and strict examination. You have no idea what ur talking about, good luck with your self examination. Unlike your clam, UK has second highest ratio of pakistani doctors and in USA we are at number 5 in foreign doctors, how would it possible if the base is all rata and blah blah. Pakistani doctors are one of the most competent doctors here in UK
I wish other comments would be similar to yours. Unfortunately that is not the case.
افسوس کہ یہ قوم فرضوں کو چھوڑ کر نفلوں کے پیچھے پڑ گئی ہے۔

Last edited:

bhaibarood

MEDICAL colleges study is one if the toughest in the world, ask anyone which profession is most demanding ?
only CA ,after MBBS is partly demanding but medicine is killer course.
Do we know how many students give entrance tests and how many got addmission? I am talking about govt run colleges not finance based!
100 students out of 10,000.
Doctor is made not in a day ,or months or years it takes ages!
its the effort of the whole family whole motivate kids during the most distressing times.

Issue here is that this girl is simply genius she always got distinctions she aced all her exams! may Allah show her all the success.
some people are jealous of others success as they cant see others glory.
Typical mentality

Last edited: