Traders announce nationwide strike on Oct 28, 29 as stalemate persists

Siasi Jasoos

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
78363461_42254556.jpg

Islamabad: All Pakistan Anjuman-i-Tajiran (APAT) on Wednesday announced nationwide strike on Oct 28 and Oct 29 as stalemate persisted in talks between representatives of traders unions and officials of Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).

As per details garnered, officials of the tax-collection body held two rounds of negotiations with traders in Islamabad that resulted in the stalemate.

Sources privy to tax-collection body have revealed that FBR has rejected to bow down before traders’ pressure and made it overtly clear that conditions of CNIC and sales tax would not be withdrawn.

Ajmal Baloch, the president of All Pakistan Trade Union, told GNN that traders would not accept condition of CNIC.

“Govt can take whatever step it wants, but we [traders] will not give CNIC”, Baloch was quoted as saying.

With the announcement of countrywide strike, traders ended the protest rally.

Earlier today, Islamabad Police arrested several protesters after traders and security officials faced off here in the federal capital.

The protesters wanted to march towards the headquarters of the FBR. However, police halted them and resorted to baton charge. Several traders and policemen sustained critical injuries in the clash.

Meanwhile, Islamabad Inspector General of Police (IG) has issued notification regarding cancellation of holidays of the officials. The decision has been taken against the backdrop of prevailing law and order situation in the federal capital.

https://gnnhd.tv/index.php/Business...traders-union-cnic-condition-sales-tax-strike

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Don't listen to these bastards black mailing the government, striking on 28, 29 October? in support of Mulla Diesel?? Let them close their shops and we see how long they can stay closed? FBR, like all tax collection agencies in the world, should be very strict...like cruel, to collect every paisa these bastards owe. No CNIC, No business...period.
How can any government function when people don't pay taxes? I guess only in Pakistan!

Zaidi Qasim

Like any other segment of society, traders are also fed up with this Bongi and his government . All I see a complete chaos in the country where no one has got anything more to lose. Thing are tough, prices are sky high, jobs are scarce , factories are closing . People are really fucked up in this government. Traders are ready to stick to Bongi Khan and his cronies.

ninetykman

Minister (2k+ posts)
In all civilized societies, the businesses have to register and pay their fair taxes. Only crooks, tax evaders and money launderer don't register.

Looks like all cheaters are supporters of Dakoo Haram Sharif and Zardari Mafias.

shaheenzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
سارے لٹیرے تاجر مل گئے ہیں اور چھوٹے تاجروں کے لیے مسائل کا باعث بن رہے ہیں کیونکہ بڑے تاجر اپنے بچاؤ کے آڑ میں چھوٹے تاجروں کو بھی بلیک میل کرکے ساتھ لائے ہیں۔ کمائی سارے بڑۓ تاجروں کی زیادہ ہوتی ہے اس لیے وہ تمام قسم کے ٹیکس اور انکم ٹیکس فراڈ کرتے ہیں لیکن چھوٹے تاجروں کو اس لیے ساتھ لائے ہیں کہ اس قانون سے وہ بھی متاثر ہوں گے۔ جبکہ خریدو فروخت کے ریکارڈ کو رسیدوں سے منسلک کرنا ان کے لیے اس لیے مشکل کیونکہ انکے سارے فراڈ اسی کے اندر چھپے ہوئے ہیں

shaheenzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
پچھلی حکومتوں نے ہر تاجروں کو ہر قسم کی سپورٹ دی کیونکہ تاجر بھی سیاسی پارٹیوں سے وابستہ ہیں اور ان سے فائدہ اٹھاتے رہے ہیں۔ خام مال یا امپورٹ کی قیمت دس ڈالر بڑھتی ہے تاجر اپنی مرضی پچاس ڈالر کا اضافہ ڈال دیتے ہیں اور تمام پیسہ عوام سے وصول کرتے ہیں اور پھر بھی کہتے ہیں ہمیں کوئی فائدہ نہیں ہورہا۔ جبکہ ریکارڈ کمپیوٹرائزڈ ہوگا تو ہر قسم کے فراڈ باہر اجائیں گے۔ کاروبار میں کنگال صرف وہ ہوتے ہیں جن کا کاروبار وقت کے ساتھ تبدیل نہیں ہوتا یا پھر وہ اپنی ضرورت سے زائد کے اخرجات کرتے ہیں ۔ امدن اور اخرجات میں بیلنس نہ ہونے والا ہی کنگال ہوتا ہے۔

Zaidi Qasim

اوئے چوپین، اس وقت ملکی حالات سے کونسا طبقہ ہے جو پس نہیں رہا ہے ، صرف وزیروں کی چاندی ہوئ ہے یا پھر شوگر مافیا جہانگیر ترین کی جسے ابھی بھی شوگر ملز کے لیے حکومتی رعائت مل رہی ہے اور چینی کی قیمیں بھی بڑھا دی گئ ہیں ۔ چھوٹا تاجر سب سے زیادہ متاثر ہوا ہے بڑا تاجر تو پھر بھی بچ جائے گا کہ اس کے پاس پیسہ بہت ہے ، لیکن چھوٹا تاجر بالکل ختم ہوجائے گا
۔​

Kill_Ego

MPA (400+ posts)
Like any other segment of society, traders are also fed up with this Bongi and his government . All I see a complete chaos in the country where no one has got anything more to lose. Thing are tough, prices are sky high, jobs are scarce , factories are closing . People are really fucked up in this government. Traders are ready to stick to Bongi Khan and his cronies.
Is there any developed country where traders refuse to comply with tax rules?

Hate_Nooras

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
And who did the IMF blame for this? Yes you guessed it, your Nooras. So take a close look to who created this environment. And why do run when asked if the govt should have gone to the IMF?

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
So this government wants us to pay taxes so it can spend on the interest on the additional debt it has acquired ? so it can spend 150,000 dollars to send a plane to Malaysia to bring back criminals jailed there? So that it can open langar khanas all over the country ? No thanks this is NOT how i want my tax money to be spent.....I would encourage everyone to evade taxes as much as possible

Taimur.javed

Senator (1k+ posts)
So this government wants us to pay taxes so it can spend on the interest on the additional debt it has acquired ? so it can spend 150,000 dollars to send a plane to Malaysia to bring back criminals jailed there? So that it can open langar khanas all over the country ? No thanks this is NOT how i want my tax money to be spent.....I would encourage everyone to evade taxes as much as possible
Khoti key puttar, traders pehley bara tax dey rahey thay. They were always outside tax net. Now government has said, u have to register Ur business, give true sales figures.

First do Ur fucking duty then question where Ur tax money goes. Feeding the poor is not wastage of money. These harami businessmen have been getting free lunch for 70 years.

Zaidi Qasim

Is there any developed country where traders refuse to comply with tax rules?
No, it is not about Tax rules.Taxes are on the sale. if there is no sale, there wouldn't be any Tax. They are protesting against this regime of unnecessary rules which force trades to certain actions contrary to their customer relations.

Last edited:

Zaidi Qasim

And who did the IMF blame for this? Yes you guessed it, your Nooras. So take a close look to who created this environment. And why do run when asked if the govt should have gone to the IMF?
Who the fuck bump up the interest rates to inflate the deficit and then turn around and ask citizen to pay for it. Bongi Khan doesn't know his ass from the hole in the ground . They just imposed cleaning tax on Islamabad citizen's for the disposal of Garbage. I guess this is also because of the NS .