Too many Urdu threads here!

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
288574_25606975.jpg

AOA!

I have been a member here since years on Siasat. Pk and enjoyed all the momentum here, it's a fantastic site..

However... I wonder if anyone else would agree or not, but majority of threads being posted here by members since last couple of weeks are PREDOMINANTLY Urdu headings and Urdu medium write-ups, which all gives one the feeling of being on Urdupoint. Com...!!!!

The beauty of this forum was that of being an English medium one, since it's an international audience and many if not most members here participate from abroad with the most valuable inputs...

I'd request mods to please look into this and formulate a clear policy on which medium to be used, since I personally can attend/view/read/understand/reply/partake in less than 50 percent of the affairs here!

Thanks...

Regards..

Last edited by a moderator:

MADdoo

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is kind of trend know for the Urdu writing script , not even here but also on FB and WhatsApp.

well it is not a big deal if all Pakistanis are here, we all must know how to read Urdu atleast.
No offence to those who cannot read and write Urdu writing script.

S.A.7

Citizen
I totally agree with this. I think its going on for a few months now. I feel like there should be a separate version of the website for urdu only. Don't get me wrong i fully understand urdu language but i feel like reading it feels like im putting in extra effort. English is just easier on the eyes. Maybe after all these years this sudden change just feels weird. And please don't troll me as burger. I'm proud of our language but learning English for so long and using it in our daily lives we've unfortunately distanced ourselves from Urdu. Muje aisi urdu parhne mai koi problem nai. Ye sab isliye hai kyun k itnay salon say aisay text or whatsapp chal ra hai k ab urdu parhna thora mushkil lagne lag gya hai. It's sad but true ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
So? That's good, helps me learn Urdu and expand my vocabulary. And it's our national language.
Siasat.pk is just a tool for people to interact and me to chastise phatwaris. It cannot dictate the users and force them to write in a specific language.
That's like saying people should only post in English since facenook is used globally.
If someone is so worried about Pakistan, they will make the effort to at least have basic understanding of it's language.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
288574_25606975.jpg

AOA!

I have been a member here since years on Siasat. Pk and enjoyed all the momentum here, it's a fantastic site..

However... I wonder if anyone else would agree or not, but majority of threads being posted here by members since last couple of weeks are PREDOMINANTLY Urdu headings and Urdu medium write-ups, which all gives one the feeling of being on Urdupoint. Com...!!!!

The beauty of this forum was that of being an English medium one, since it's an international audience and many if not most members here participate from abroad with the most valuable inputs...

I'd request mods to please look into this and formulate a clear policy on which medium to be used, since I personally can attend/view/read/understand/reply/partake in less than 50 percent of the affairs here!

Thanks...

Regards..

Glock! no offence, I personally am a fan of you and like you. Something struck my mind when I saw your thread. Again NO offence..... K??

Make a list of things that make you happy
Make a list of things you do every day
Compare the lists
Adjust accordingly.

"So long as men can breath, or
eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life
to thee"

William Shakespeare.

Iconoclast

And you can still express yourself in English regardless of the language OP used. I do it all the time works like charm. I can't write it either but that's never been a problem here.

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
I totally agree with this. I think its going on for a few months now. I feel like there should be a separate version of the website for urdu only. Don't get me wrong i fully understand urdu language but i feel like reading it feels like im putting in extra effort. English is just easier on the eyes. Maybe after all these years this sudden change just feels weird. And please don't troll me as burger. I'm proud of our language but learning English for so long and using it in our daily lives we've unfortunately distanced ourselves from Urdu. Muje aisi urdu parhne mai koi problem nai. Ye sab isliye hai kyun k itnay salon say aisay text or whatsapp chal ra hai k ab urdu parhna thora mushkil lagne lag gya hai. It's sad but true ?‍♂️

Thanks...

Well.... As usual people get the wrong message in and start involving "nationalism", etc...

I am a member on many Pakistani forums where due to large scale international audience English is the medium...

One can have 2 different segments on same forum even...

However... The quality of threads is down here, and without meaning to be discriminative by any standards of measure, Urdu threads are just too easy to post and it in an odd way somehow brings the class/standard of content to lower quality scale, since it's pretty easier to spread "rant" and nonsense for many...

Anyhow... If the overwhelming gentry here is satisfied, plz ignore this thread and I'll try to get along with it as it is..

Regards..

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)

Thanks...

Well.... As usual people get the wrong message in and start involving "nationalism", etc...

I am a member on many Pakistani forums where due to large scale international audience English is the medium...

However... The quality of threads is down here, and without meaning to be discriminative by any standards of measure, Urdu threads are just too easy to post and it in an odd way somehow brings the class/standard of content to lower quality scale, since it's pretty easier to spread "rant" and nonsense for many...

Anyhow... If the overwhelming gentry here is satisfied, plz ignore this thread and I'll try to get along with it as it is..

Regards..

Dawood Hassan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Premium Member
Thanks...

Regards..

as soon you see urdu, standard goes down eh?

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
Glock! no offence, I personally am a fan of you and like you. Something struck my mind when I saw your thread. Again NO offence..... K??

Make a list of things that make you happy
Make a list of things you do every day
Compare the lists
Adjust accordingly.

"So long as men can breath, or
eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life
to thee"

William Shakespeare.
Hahahaha....... Thanks you Sir.... ??

No offense at all.... I'm a big fan of you too and always look around for your valuable inputs. Regretting those few posts from you which I cannot read/decipher....

Please don't be shocked... Having stayed abroad all my life, I manage 5 international languages, but just could not hook up with Urdu, my bad... ?

Regards...

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Hahahaha....... Thanks you Sir.... ??

No offense at all.... I'm a big fan of you too and always look around for your valuable inputs. Regretting those few posts from you which I cannot read/decipher....

Please don't be shocked... Having stayed abroad all my life, I manage 5 international languages, but just could not hook up with Urdu, my bad... ?

Regards...
No worries my friend, I totally understand what you're saying. My kids to some extent, but their kids 100% are sailing in the same boat as yourself.
So this is just a daily household stuff for me. ?

Judicary-Media Mafia

MPA (400+ posts)
288574_25606975.jpg

AOA!

Thanks...

Regards..
288574_25606975.jpg

AOA!

Thanks...

Regards..
You are right this forum use to be good but it changed end of 2019 because member numbers are down. Urdu brings for members from Pakistan and it's easier for Patwaris to understand and reply. Another problem of this forum is they delete your thread and send you message and if you reply back they ban or take your privileges away no tolerance or listening. Also they don't reply. This is very few forums for overseas Pakistan's in English so if this forum also changes to Urdu there will be no difference this and others.

Last edited:

Munawarkhan

Its a mix forum.
don't think there should be a rule of either posting in any particular language.

288574_25606975.jpg

AOA!

Thanks...

Regards..

Munawarkhan

کے پی کے چوتیوں کو اردو لکھتے وقت دقت پیش آتی ہے انہیں چاہئے کہ اردو سیکھیں ورنہ پشتو میں لکھیں گے تو کوی نہیں پڑھے گا

Jin ko pashtoo ati hai wo parhaingay.

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)

Its a mix forum.
don't think there should be a rule of either posting in any particular language.
No problem... I already took a stance that if overall gentry is OK with it, go ahead, even if in Pushto...

However. Many sites have a single language rule....