Today PTI took a serious self-inflicted wound, all thanks to IK

Awan S

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
General impression of Hafeez Sheikh (New finance advisor) is a IMF representative to Pakistan. He is rumored to be planted by IMF to move their agenda. He has asked for full freedom to work shows some fishy agenda. If Pakistan to move ahead; IMF is not a way out. Khan should have waited and given time to Asad Umer. If he has not given time to Asad Umar then what is justification to give him time?

abidbutt

Senator (1k+ posts)
مگر نوازنورا پھر بھی چور۔ اور زرداری پھر بھی حرامخور رہے گا
The removal of AU from finance ministry has to be the biggest set back in PTI's political history.
Argue all you want, but IK has finally succumbed to external pressures and vested interests who who them to fail.

It has also exposed righteous and flawed principles.

All AU has done is carry out what IK himself had been advocating for. He expected results when he himself has repeatedly admitted that this current state of the economy was the worst in the country's history.
He constantly preaches that all we can do is put an effort and leave the results to Allah, but he's failed to uphold it in practice.

As for the "merits" of his decisions whether it was justifiable or not. Just compare his baseless support for CM punjab usman buzdar despite his obvious incompetence.

Yet, AU who has worked tirelessly day and night while keeping IK's vision of naya pak in mind is not praise ONCE.

Hugely disappointed today.

YES; THAT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE ABOUT BOTH OF THEM. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THEY WILL ALWAYS BE ROBBERS BUT I ALSO 100% AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT OF THE BROTHER WHO STARTED THIS THREAD.
IF IMRAN KHAN IS MY LOVE, HE IS SO FOR TAKING CARE OF THE ASPIRATIONS OF THE PEOPLE WHICH HE DID NOT IN MAKING AU TO RESIGN.
I HAVE ALWAYS REGARDED ASAD UMER AS MY SECOND BEST CHOICE AFTER IK AND NOW I SEE THEY ARE MADE HEAD ON HEAD AND NO BODY CAN RULE OUT IK'S ROLE IN REMOVING AU, EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE A COMPLACENT OR PASSIVE ROLE.
I FEEL MY HEART IS BROKEN FROM PAK POLITICS TODAY.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
General impression of Hafeez Sheikh (New finance advisor) is a IMF representative to Pakistan. He is rumored to be planted by IMF to move their agenda. He has asked for full freedom to work shows some fishy agenda. If Pakistan to move ahead; IMF is not a way out. Khan should have waited and given time to Asad Umer. If he has not given time to Asad Umar then what is justification to give him time?

He needs to objective proof for why he removed him instead of just saying "he did not show performance". You can't just willy nilly play with these things bec you've had ppl whispering in your ears. I've never been this disappointed with any of IK's decisions as I have with this one.

Look at the dignity with which AU has dealt this siutation. That kind of character should also stand for something, but no.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
YES; THAT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE ABOUT BOTH OF THEM. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THEY WILL ALWAYS BE ROBBERS BUT I ALSO 100% AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT OF THE BROTHER WHO STARTED THIS THREAD.
IF IMRAN KHAN IS MY LOVE, HE IS SO FOR TAKING CARE OF THE ASPIRATIONS OF THE PEOPLE WHICH HE DID NOT IN MAKING AU TO RESIGN.
I HAVE ALWAYS REGARDED ASAD UMER AS MY SECOND BEST CHOICE AFTER IK AND NOW I SEE THEY ARE MADE HEAD ON HEAD AND NO BODY CAN RULE OUT IK'S ROLE IN REMOVING AU, EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE A COMPLACENT OR PASSIVE ROLE.
I FEEL MY HEART IS BROKEN FROM PAK POLITICS TODAY.

Excatly!. IK has made mistakes in the past, but in the end they weren't that bad. This trurly hurt.

The problem is that he is not consistent in his principles as he claims. If were to apply the same merits to other then we would say okay. He also hasn't given one solid objective reason why he was going to remove AU.

It is a big loss to say the least.

gumnam123

MPA (400+ posts)
Excatly!. IK has made mistakes in the past, but in the end they weren't that bad. This trurly hurt.

The problem is that he is not consistent in his principles as he claims. If were to apply the same merits to other then we would say okay. He also hasn't given one solid objective reason why he was going to remove AU.

It is a big loss to say the least.
I for one, am going to give 2 3 months to this new finance minister. if i see ishaq dar's policies of artifically holding up the rupee and giving subsidy and increasing imports has started then I will be the first to jump ship. That will be the final blow. this decision has truly hurt, its the worst mistake IK has made in all of his political history. A person who was not part of status quo and was honest and hardworking has left. This is a VERY VERY big blow. And wtf is the logic of giving asad umar another ministry. Does merit not mean anything. Why shud he take another ministry where he has no expertise. This is the first time i have seriously doubted IK's decision making, it seems to be of a child

Awan S

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
He needs to objective proof for why he removed him instead of just saying "he did not show performance". You can't just willy nilly play with these things bec you've had ppl whispering in your ears. I've never been this disappointed with any of IK's decisions as I have with this one.

Look at the dignity with which AU has dealt this siutation. That kind of character should also stand for something, but no.
Yes I am also disappointed by this decision. It is none of Asad Umar fault that economy is poor; if IMF package were taken in first couple of months then economy should have been way better. It was Khan's decision not to go immediately to IMF and rely on friend countries. If Hafeez Sheikh is an adviser (he cannot be full minister) why cannot he work under Asad Umar. Asad Umar is probably the most qualified and experienced person out of all cabinet members and wasting him without any ministry is wastage of his abilities.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Now I am actually starting to enjoy all the butt hurt mayoos youthias and khalai makhlooq conspiracy theorists every time something like this happens.

tenor.gif

musafir33

Citizen
The removal of AU from finance ministry has to be the biggest set back in PTI's political history.
Argue all you want, but IK has finally succumbed to external pressures and vested interests who who them to fail.

It has also exposed righteous and flawed principles.

All AU has done is carry out what IK himself had been advocating for. He expected results when he himself has repeatedly admitted that this current state of the economy was the worst in the country's history.
He constantly preaches that all we can do is put an effort and leave the results to Allah, but he's failed to uphold it in practice.

As for the "merits" of his decisions whether it was justifiable or not. Just compare his baseless support for CM punjab usman buzdar despite his obvious incompetence.

Yet, AU who has worked tirelessly day and night while keeping IK's vision of naya pak in mind is not praise ONCE.

Hugely disappointed today.
agreed...
hugely disappointed by IK's decision, big hit in the making of #NayaPakistan