To All Canadian-Pakistanis, Please Help me Out

rahail

Senator (1k+ posts)
Salams Brothers,

I have applied for the immigration to Canada and I am planning to settle in Ottawa. However, I have heard a lot of people complaining about the business and job situation in canada. And I have seen a lot of Pakistani brothers/sisters coming back to Pakistan. I know weather is one of the reasons but I have heard 90 out of 100 people complaining about lack of jobs and business opportunities along with high taxes, discrimination, bigotry and nepotism prevalent in the society.

Now I think I have made a mistake by applying for the immigration. Please advise me. I need to prepare myself for the hardships that I am going to face in the new land. I know immigrating to a new country is not a bed of roses but I don't want to spend the rest of my life rolling on the bed of thorns.

I want to start a business there. I already work from home so I am not looking for a job.

Please give me sincere advise and a glimpse of the nature of canadian people and how can an immigrant makes his future in this land?

Thanks a billion

First Strike

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Ottawa is not a good place to do business because its a small city and most of the people are bilingual (English & French).

There are plenty of jobs in Canada for a person with right knowledge & experience. In start life is very tough but if you stay focussed and positive, you will start feeling better. Its your personal decision to come here or not, even if you get Canadian immigration, no one will push you to come in Canada.

well-wisher

MPA (400+ posts)
look everyone is running away from Pakistan.
coz of poverty and no vacancy...

let Nawaz go first. Inshah Allah tala you will start good business here...

Go Nawaz Go....

Chaudhry_1960

Minister (2k+ posts)
او بھائ اگر اتنا ہی ڈرتے ہو تو پاکستان جیسی جنت کو چھوڑ کر کیوں جاتے کیونکہ جن مشکلات کا تم نے زکر کیا وہ پاکستان میں تو ہیں نہیں . دوسری بات یہ ہے کہ ملک چھوڑ جاؤ گے تو پھر ووٹ کیسے ڈالوگے اسلئے بہتر ہے یہیں رہو امگریشن بھادر لوگوں کا کام ہے

wajidkhan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Come to Karachi rather leaving Pakistan here is lot of business opportunities earn urself and giv jobs to Pakistanis also y u r wasting money to others

Islamabadi1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Im not a canadian but have been to canada once....its a pathetic cold country...i call it a quasi-amreekan state....never want to go there again....however if you re one of the have-nots which are in a majority on this site...then your existence in Kanada might be an improvement for you

amna350

Voter (50+ posts)
Ottawa is not a good place to do business because its a small city and most of the people are bilingual (English & French).

There are plenty of jobs in Canada for a person with right knowledge & experience. In start life is very tough but if you stay focussed and positive, you will start feeling better. Its your personal decision to come here or not, even if you get Canadian immigration, no one will push you to come in Canada.

Toronto is the best place for business in Canada.

kakamuna420

yes come to Canada. It is a good place and you will feel like in Karachi. There are hardships in every new place so no worries. Don't listen to your countrymen. They cut off people and this is our most common trait. Winter is hard but Spring is beautiful in Canada

The main key is to have skills in IT/Programming and then you will be king here

Last edited:
Do not listen to any one and just come if u have telant and u can work hard u will win easily it's land of opertunity take my words just come .u will find your answer once you reach here every one is unique every one works in unique way and every ones luck is unique advise is just extra light But the key is talent and hard work

yes come to Canada. It is a good place and you will feel like in Karachi. There are hardships in every new place so no worries. Don't listen to your countrymen. They cut off people and this is our most common trait. Winter is hard but Spring is beautiful in Canada

The main key is to have skills in IT/Programming and then you will be king here
Do not listens to non leagiya cabi or property dealer gulu butt ( realtor )

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Contact Padri and find out the benefits of not forfeiting the Canadian Citizenship. Be smart and only help yourself. Be selfish and Stay in Islamabad. The immigration requires a life time sacrifies, those who do not want to work hard and earn their living with illegal means are better off staying back . A big bunch of those who have their parents in Islamabad and belong to the retired Army offsprings, come to Canada to hide their corruption money and lock them in to the banks . Those who are honest, work their butts off to make the end meets like in any country in the world. You think USA is better, you haven't seen anything there either.

Last edited:

chacha jani

Go to western canada much better than central a lot of opportunities there. If you know French Quebec would be good place as well.

CANSUK

Toronto is the best place for business though, and franchise business is good but you don't own anything and you work under tight rules n' regulations by franchisee. Canada is quite and calm, your kids get good education and best health facilities.

Imran Siddiqi

Minister (2k+ posts)
The only concern you should have is the next generation. If you can manage that then Canada is a good place. Most People leaving Pakistan are obviously concerned about the immediate problems. Raising Kids in Canada or any Western Country and expect some Islam in them enough to carry to their next generation is a tough battle.
Do Istekhara, Allah will give you the best advice. Do not wait for a dream. Just do what you want to do, if it is not good for you it will not happen.
Carefully read the meaning of the dua. This is the best way to decide in my opinion.
Just in case you do not have the dua here is the link.

Good Luck.

Dua-e-Istikhara.jpg