Thinking of suicide

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Thank you. May Allah SWT give your father the highest place in Janna and all of you the courage to bear with this colossal loss.
صاحب، میری تین پشتیں میڈیکل کے شعبے سے منسلک رہی ہیں، لہٰذا میں کچھ نہ کچھ اندازہ کرسکتا ہوں آپ کی تکالیف کا۔ لیکن اصل وہی جانتا ہے جس کے اوپر گزر رہی ہوتی ہی۔

میرے پاس کوئی لمبا بھاشن نہیں دینے کے لیئے، صرف دو باتیں ہیں

حدّ، نظر سے آگے دیکھنا ہی اصل میں ایمان کہلاتا ہے۔ آپ اسلام آباد سے لاہور کا رآخ کرتے ہیں تو آپکو لاہور سامنے نظر نہیں آتا، لیکن آپکا ایمان آپکو اس راہ پر چلائے رکھتا ہے اور ایک وقت لاہور بھی آجاتا ہے۔

دوسری بات یہ کہ زندگی میں بارہ اور ساڑھے بارہ بجتے رہتے ہیں۔ اچھے دن گزر گئے، انشاءاللہ بُرے دن بھی نہیں رہیں گے۔

اچھی، یا بُری، زندگی نے ختم ہو ہی جانا ہوتا ہے، اصل مسئلہ آخرت کا ہے، جو، ابدی ہے۔ زندگی خراب بھی ہوجائے تو اس سے موت چھٹکارا دلا ہی دیتی ہے، لیکن آخرت نکل گئی، تو پھر سودا بہت گھاٹے کا ہوجائے گا۔

اللہ کسی جان پر اس کی استطاعت سے زیادہ بوجھ نہیں ڈالتا۔ اسمیں اللہ کی طرف سے کوئی بہتری بھی پنہاں ہوسکتی ہے، حالات اس سے بھی زیادہ بُرے ہوسکتے تھے، کبھی یہ سوچیئے، اور ہر حال میں اللہ کا شکر کیجیئے۔ یہی شکر آپکو صبر، ہمت اور طاقت بخشے گا۔

بس نا امیدی ہی کفر ہے۔ جان نے تو اِک دن چلے ہی جانا ہے، کس کو معلوم میں آپ سے پہلے چلا جاوٗں؟
بس ہمّت سے جینا ہی اصل زندگی ہے۔ ایمان رکھیں کہ آپکا اللہ آپکی مشکلات سے زیادہ بڑا ہے۔
اور جب مشکلات سے سامنا ہو تو ہتھیار پھینک کر ہارنے سے بہتر لڑ کر ہارنا ہوتا ہے۔

ہم سب آپ کے لیئے دعا گو رہیں گے، اور جو کچھ بھی ہے، انشاءاللہ ضرور کریں گے۔

Last edited:

Mulhid

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I come from a well off background but my family lost around 1.5 billion pkr in assets. We are literally on the road if not today definitely tomorrow. I don't even know how will I bring two square meals let alone anything else. In a very very dark place and to top it off I have been diagnosed with terminal illness. Don't know how to collect the pieces. But am delighted to find so many people that care for an unknown stranger.

Bone marrow cancer survival rate is about 78% on average and we are all facing a terminal illness called aging. Any moment could be our last life comes with no guarantees.

As for your financial losses. I have not lost as much but I have lost as well. I lost my penthouse apartment, my girlfriend, my bank and was sleeping in my car for weeks and months.

Tough times like those make tough men and I came out a much better and stronger person after that life experience.

Millionaires lose millions all the time. They can go from zero to millions again very fast but a person with a broke mindset will stay at zero even if he wins the lottery. If you earned all that money you will earn it back. If you just inherited it and have no skills then it’s a different story.

Depression is a tricky topic. People who say just hangout with friends, play games etc have no clue what they are talking about and shouldn’t be advising a personal with suicidal thoughts.

If you are thinking of self harm or suicide, you need to get professional help ASAP. Don’t let these thoughts take hold and give yourself a chance. Depression and suicidal thoughts are 100% treatable, you need to get the right help and you need to take your meds on time but it will get better.

If your suicidal thoughts are because of physical pain rather than emotional pain and depression. I understand no one deserves to live in chronic pain and I don’t find myself qualified to give my opinion or to advise you because I do not know what you are going through.

surfer

Can someone suggest me a good doctor in Islamabad or Lahore?
Try Shaukhat Khanam in the first instance. If they can help they will. Be aware though that it depends on how progressive the disease is. I pray it is not too advanced, but with cancer the key is to get help asap, delaying it will only make it worse. I speak from experience as my father got treated successfully form SK many years ago.

but for the mental side, you must go speak to a therapist- talking with a professional will help. Even talking with family will help. Just don’t keep it in...you’ll be surprised how many will come forward to help. Best of luck

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
What are you thoughts about suicide and what is the easiest way to end ones suffering. I know Islam does not approve of it but this is something that does not get discussed frequently even though depression is a silent killer in our society.
Salaam O Alaakam, bro give me your number or message me, we can be friends and get through this together :).
what is your favorite food?

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
May Allah s.w.t bless you with a quick and speedy recovery. I know its not easy. I lost people friends and family to this terrible killer. I pray and hope you were diagnosed early on and its treatable.

Regardless of if you go today or 10 decades from now, live in this world as a traveler, if you go to sleep today don't expect to wake up and if you wake up don't expect to be able to go to sleep by nighttime.

I just recently lost my father to Covid 19. I go to his house every now and then and its a life interrupted, things he bought in his finals days still in the fridge he never got to eat, stuff he had packed to send to Pakistan now just laying there in boxes. His clothes still hanging in the wardrobe. His last set of shalwar kameez which he wore still hanging in his room. His car still parked with half a tank of fuel. He always planned things down to the tee. He never threw away any document or receipt thinking you never know if you might need it in the future.

All his plans he had for his retirement, all his personal belongings and his documents, they are of no use now. Because one day he just left this earth midway of what were supposed to be his golden years, something he had worked hard all his life and even till the very last day.

I dunno maybe I'm just rambling on. But I think the point I'm trying to make is money is nothing, comes and goes. Its you, your life, you being here that matters.

Point is for anything to matter. YOU have to be here, nothing else matters.
May your father rest in peace.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Salaam O Alaakam, bro give me your number or message me, we can be friends and get through this together :).
what is your favorite food?
Where had you been? Long time no see?
Everything okay?

God bless.

Pakcola

Senator (1k+ posts)
What are you thoughts about suicide and what is the easiest way to end ones suffering. I know Islam does not approve of it but this is something that does not get discussed frequently even though depression is a silent killer in our society.

Please dont do this brother, be a fighter ALLAH is with you INSHALLAH sub theek hojae ga

knowledge88

May Allah s.w.t bless you with a quick and speedy recovery. I know its not easy. I lost people friends and family to this terrible killer. I pray and hope you were diagnosed early on and its treatable.

Regardless of if you go today or 10 decades from now, live in this world as a traveler, if you go to sleep today don't expect to wake up and if you wake up don't expect to be able to go to sleep by nighttime.

I just recently lost my father to Covid 19. I go to his house every now and then and its a life interrupted, things he bought in his finals days still in the fridge he never got to eat, stuff he had packed to send to Pakistan now just laying there in boxes. His clothes still hanging in the wardrobe. His last set of shalwar kameez which he wore still hanging in his room. His car still parked with half a tank of fuel. He always planned things down to the tee. He never threw away any document or receipt thinking you never know if you might need it in the future.

All his plans he had for his retirement, all his personal belongings and his documents, they are of no use now. Because one day he just left this earth midway of what were supposed to be his golden years, something he had worked hard all his life and even till the very last day.

I dunno maybe I'm just rambling on. But I think the point I'm trying to make is money is nothing, comes and goes. Its you, your life, you being here that matters.

Point is for anything to matter. YOU have to be here, nothing else matters.
So sorry to hear about passing of your father. May Allah rest his soul in peace. May Allah give you a lot of strength to bear such a terrible time. The worst memory of my life is passing of my father. I understand how shocking it can be for anyone.