The mystery of Akmal Brothers.....

E.A.Shams

Ejaz Butt is the worst chairperson of PCB so far we have. It will be better to remove him immediatly otherwise we can expect more such drama in Pakistan Cricket Team.He has no control over the team and it looks that he will be removed / resign after destruction of whole team.

shahidburq

Voter (50+ posts)
We are "Ehsan Faramoosh" nation. Akmal brother have done great feats in the past for the team. Akmal once was a undettered wall between Pakistan and its demice. He is going through a bad patch so what, every body does.

Ehsann ?? We pay these people to play for Pakistan they are not doing us any favors they are professionals. Far as kamran akmal is concerned Pakistan has lost so many matches because of him that it is hard to consider him a hero. My friend just think about the recent tour of Australia.

Akmals are evil and we all know that very well based on their conduct. And for those who say they were cleared in investigations, my friends you don't know how investigations are conducted in Pakistan. With Justice Qayum's report dead players like Atta ur Rehman and Saleem Malik were banned for life and everyone else was let off with a slap on the wrist.

saeed khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
11-9-2010_52220_1.gif

Adnan Akmal ko to team main ana hi tha!!!!

Yar Zulqarnain was in the team in place of Kamran Akmal and now in place of Zulqarnain new keeper is Adnaan Akmal.
What does it mean?

Khanji1

Councller (250+ posts)
In his first public comments since fleeing from Dubai and arriving in London on Monday, Pakistan wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider has confirmed that he received threats from unidentified people following his team's one-wicket win in the fourth ODI against South Africa and was told to get in line for the fifth match. As a result of the threats Haider - who is seeking some sort of protection in the UK - has announced his retirement from cricket.

"The way my situation is right now I am retiring from international cricket," Haider (24) said. "There is too much pressure on me, I have received threats, my family has received threats."
The issue of threats brings the matter within the ICC's purview, and its chief executive Haroon Lorgat said the governing body was in regular contact with the PCB. "Clearly this is in the first instance a team matter for Pakistan cricket but the ICC is willing to provide assistance to the PCB and the player," said Lorgat. "We understand his plight if reports are indeed true, but we can only help if he is willing to engage with us."

Lorgat did concede, though, that Haider erred in not informing the ACSU. "I think we have to build the confidence amongst the players that the right thing to do is to speak to the ACSU officials if they have got anything that they want to declare," he told ESPNcricinfo. "I don't think it was wise of him to have done what he did, because it doesn't solve the problems for him as well and the right thing would have been to speak to the ACSU."
Haider outlined his encounter with the person who approached him, without giving too much detail. "When I went out of the hotel to eat dinner once, he came up. He was alone but I felt there were two to three people behind him. I can describe him. He spoke Urdu but I cannot describe the accent accurately. He said you will make lots of money if you join us and help us. If not, then staying in the team could be difficult and we can make things difficult for you. I don't know why I was approached and others weren't."

Speaking to Geo, a leading Pakistani news channel, Haider was guarded about events of the previous 24 hours but seemed to indicate that he had sought some kind of "protection" from British authorities. He is thought to have been detained at Heathrow by immigration authorities for nearly four hours, before he moved to an undisclosed location.

"The fourth ODI, the things I was told to do I didn't, and the fifth ODI, what they wanted done I didn't do," Haider said. "That is why I did what seemed right to me and I came here. I can't tell what kind of threats I received to the country because my family is still in Pakistan."

When asked further about the nature of these threats and who they might have come from, Haider was unwilling and unable to reveal much more. "I am not accusing anyone of being a match-fixer. I only got one guy telling me that if you can't do this or that, there will be problems, or fix the fourth of fifth ODI. I don't want to say who it is, neither do I know so much about who it is. I have only played two-three ODIs." Asked specifically if he thought players within the team were involved, he said, "I am not saying they are or are not. Only God knows that. But I did what I thought was better for everyone. I just didn't want to sell my country, my mother. The country is like your mother and if you sell that you are nothing."

Haider also confirmed that he took his passport from the team management on the pretext of buying a SIM card for his mobile and left on Monday morning. Questions have been raised by a number of former players and board officials themselves about why he didn't approach the board first to report the threats, as is required by the anti-corruption code of conduct. "I felt if I told them, it would get worse for me and my family so I thought to come here. I know about British rules as I have been coming here for the last nine to ten years. They protect you.

"If I had told the PCB or players, it would've gotten out and then who knows? I don't feel it would've been better to tell anyone or authorities there. If I had told any of the other players, it might have put them in trouble also."

Though he didn't confirm that he had sought asylum in the UK, he did strongly indicate that he was seeking some form of protective status. "I cannot say where I am. I am not in a detention centre. Immigration authorities helped me a lot. The British government is such that if you are on the right path, they will protect you. They have rules [as far as asylum is concerned] and you can't enter until you have given reasons why. Immigration asked me what I would do. According to the rules they said go like this but hire a government lawyer. I don't have money right now to hire a private one but if this is the cost of walking on the right path, then so be it, I will bear it."

As the interview went on, Haider became emotional, ending it with a plea that his family - currently in Lahore - be helped and protected. "Help my family somehow. If it can be done, send my family here. For their security. I have my daily wages from the South Africa series and that is it. I will communicate with someone to see if they can help me financially."

Haider has not yet contacted the Pakistan High Commission in London. "We are not involved. Not to my knowledge. He [Haider] has not approached us as yet," an official at the High Commission said. When asked if the Pakistan board had approached them, he did not confirm or deny, saying that the "PCB should be handling it."

ESPNcricinfo understands the PCB discussed various options of dealing with the matter, including contacting the high commission in the UK and asking them to offer Haider protection. This suggestion, however, was overruled. Haider's family in Lahore said he has not been in touch with them since his arrival in the UK.

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
Kamran Akmal's batting record is better than Saleem Yousaf, Moin Khan, Rashid Lateef combined. Umar Akmal has scored more T20 runs in international cricket than any player in the world. Adnan Akmal has been the best wicket keeper in last T20 tournament in Pakistan. Still if anyone says they are agent of bookies, we can not deprive people from having an opinion.

tips2lips

Citizen
mujhey date to yaad nahi but in 1999 mein gujranwala aik match mein IDNAN AKMAL ney 3 stmpd 2 catch or 9 chakooooooooon k sath 72 runs keye or 2 balls gum howey out of stadiam hope he will play for pakistan with his best

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
mujhey date to yaad nahi but in 1999 mein gujranwala aik match mein IDNAN AKMAL ney 3 stmpd 2 catch or 9 chakooooooooon k sath 72 runs keye or 2 balls gum howey out of stadiam hope he will play for pakistan with his best

You must be talking about Kamran Akmal. Adnan was not in first class cricket until 2003.

harisuae

Senator (1k+ posts)
Another Akmal Brother In Pak Team

sports1.jpg

Pakistan included uncapped wicket-keeper Adnan Akmal and Muhammad Hafeez in their squad for the two test matches against South Africa starting later this week.

Pakistan were forced to make the changes after their regular keeper Zulqarnain Haider fled the team hotel in Dubai on Monday and flew to London after reportedly receiving death threats from an unknown person.
Pakistan team manager Intikhab Alam told media that Adnan has been included in the test squad as replacement for Haider and we have asked Hafeez to stay for the tests after leg-spinner Danish Kaneria was not given clearance by the cricket board. Adnan Akmal was busy in Rawalpindi playing Quaid-e-Azam trophy tournament. PCB has directed him to immediately report in Lahore the 25 years old Adnan Akmal is the elder brother of Umar Akmal and younger brother to Kamran Akmal. The first of two tests starts in Dubai from Friday. The second test will be played in Abu Dhabi from November 20.

new_world

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Re: Another Akmal Brother In Pak Team

Shame on PCB buhat Dheeht hain they just know Akmal brothers

hassam

MPA (400+ posts)
Kamran Akmal's batting record is better than Saleem Yousaf, Moin Khan, Rashid Lateef combined. Umar Akmal has scored more T20 runs in international cricket than any player in the world. Adnan Akmal has been the best wicket keeper in last T20 tournament in Pakistan. Still if anyone says they are agent of bookies, we can not deprive people from having an opinion.

Pakistanies and Indians have same mentality in this regard. They just look at what happened today, they do not care about what happened in the past.