The bear trap !

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
@alibhai ----- Your views are quite interesting and new to me --- something of which I was not accustomed to. Let me rephrase your post into my own words ,

"Pak-American relations in both Afghan wars were actually an alliance of a covetous syndicate to pull a fast one."

The world view is that 9-11 was done by saudi citizens inspired/guided by osama. Osama was under protection of taliban regime and had commander massoud assasinated to dig further into the good books of his hosts before the americans came asking for him. Maybe the taliban could have averted this war by handing over Osama. Maybe not. All academic now.

These lines insinuate and portray Osama as an American stooge to fulfill a long-term American plan. This is how it goes --> Osama goes into the lap of Taliban ---> Osama helps them and becomes indispensable after assassinating Masoud ---> In this context Taliban refuse his hand over to Americans ---> This becomes a pretext of attacking Afghanistan.

alibhai

Councller (250+ posts)
@alibhai ----- Your views are quite interesting and new to me --- something of which I was not accustomed to. Let me rephrase your post into my own words ,

"Pak-American relations in both Afghan wars were actually an alliance of a covetous syndicate to pull a fast one."

No, not an alliance to pull a fast one. But certainly an alliance to pull multiple fast ones, each partner was trying to extract unrelated benefit from the misery of the afghan. None of the parties involved were honest to the purpose of the war, nor cared about the people they were ostensibly trying to free. They all knew the others were not sincere and were in it for the short term benefits. The actions of all these parties in aftermath of war is proof of their double game.

These lines insinuate and portray Osama as an American stooge to fulfill a long-term American plan. This is how it goes --> Osama goes into the lap of Taliban ---> Osama helps them and becomes indispensable after assassinating Masoud ---> In this context Taliban refuse his hand over to Americans ---> This becomes a pretext of attacking Afghanistan.

No, I am not saying anything to the effect of Osama being an American agent. Osama had been trying to bring the US war machine to the muslim lands in hope of igniting a huge war. Maybe he believes in some sort of anihilistic prophecies too. He got american attention long before 9-11 by way of earlier terrorism in Africa and America. Once he ranout his welcome in the horn of africa, he came back to the only other lawless country avaiable at that time. Thus after 9-11 the US wasn't looking for Osama in Sudan or Somalia. They came to afghanistan in his persuit. Infact there were attempt by Pakistani agencies to persuade mullah omar to give up their guest. But they were too intertwined by then, what with all the intermarriages and else.

It is not different from what the terrorists who attacked bombay were trying to achieve. Killing a few Indians was not their purpose. The alqaeda types of the world would want nothing better than to involve Pakistan in a major war and sieze control of government with the nukes. That will be nightmare scenario for Pakistanis. We all know of people who are spreading just such a scenario as a devinely inspired notion.

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
Big nations tend to use proxy nations to do their dirty job. It was the fight between two superpowers. Just like USSR first bloodied US then humiliate them in Vietnam. Same thing happened in Afghanistan. US being a democracy and very resourceful economy managed to withstand the prolonged war. Economy of USSR were already in tatters even before the Afghan misadventure. If yo read the history, Russian Rulers and advisers in the beginning didn't want to go for war but at the end they were persuaded by their Afghan cronies and others who benefited from this war. Regarding ISI role, I agree they are very good mercenaries and were very faithful to those who paid them. Other than that there was no benefit for Pakistan (as nation) in all these wars. Now Afghan hate you, Taliban hate you and many Pakistanis in tribal area hate you. It is very funny when people claim that Pakistan broke USSR. When will you understand you were always used(duped) by Generals to prolong their rule. Pakistan Army has been biggest threat to Pakistan since its creation. If Pakistan had small army under civilian control. Pakistan would be doing much, much better than its doing now.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistan Army cannot save pakistan from internal troubles. To suppress this they have invented the myth of external threat and no. 1 enemy slogan. Nuclear explosion has given Pakistan false superiority to indulge in starategy and conspiracies . If you truly analyse the events since the explosion, it has brought the country to this pass, even the 1965 and 1971 war could not do.

It makes me to laugh when some one believes that once the Americans go out of Afghanistan, there will be all round happiness. In fact more trouble will start if America goes out defeated. As for as India is concerned, if the going starts rough in Afghanistan, they will pack up the development work and back in Delhi to watch the fun from a distance.