Temporary mobile registration system launched for overseas Pakistanis

khalid100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Mobile-Registration.jpg

Temporary mobile registration system launched

ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) have jointly developed a new system for temporary registration of overseas Pakistani and foreign nationals mobile devices in collaboration with the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and mobile phone operators.

This module has been introduced for those overseas Pakistanis and foreign nationals who do not intend to keep their mobile device in Pakistan and will be applicable for only one mobile handset device.

To avail of this facility, the applicant shall provide his/her credentials including passport number, date of arrival and intended date of departure, mobile SIM issued in his/her name, and IMEI(s) of the device.

The new system shall carry out real-time validation from FIA’s Integrated Border Management System (IBMS) to verify the date of arrival of the applicant.

On the lapse of 120 days of the stay of the applicant, the IMEI(s) utilised under this facilitation shall be suspended and will not be utilised on local network services. In case, the same applicant visits Pakistan again, he/she will be required to re-apply for this temporary facilitation, by re-entering the credentials which were used for the 1st or previous registration under this scheme.

This system will not only facilitate overseas Pakistanis and foreign nationals coming to Pakistan on a short-term basis but will also create a positive image of the country. Likewise, the checks introduced under this system will ensure that only the genuine overseas Pakistani/foreign national avails the said facility.

Published in Dawn, March 8th, 2022

Last edited by a moderator:

tahirkheli74

MPA (400+ posts)
Mobile-Registration.jpg

Temporary mobile registration system launched

ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) have jointly developed a new system for temporary registration of overseas Pakistani and foreign nationals mobile devices in collaboration with the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and mobile phone operators.

This module has been introduced for those overseas Pakistanis and foreign nationals who do not intend to keep their mobile device in Pakistan and will be applicable for only one mobile handset device.

To avail of this facility, the applicant shall provide his/her credentials including passport number, date of arrival and intended date of departure, mobile SIM issued in his/her name, and IMEI(s) of the device.

The new system shall carry out real-time validation from FIA’s Integrated Border Management System (IBMS) to verify the date of arrival of the applicant.

On the lapse of 120 days of the stay of the applicant, the IMEI(s) utilised under this facilitation shall be suspended and will not be utilised on local network services. In case, the same applicant visits Pakistan again, he/she will be required to re-apply for this temporary facilitation, by re-entering the credentials which were used for the 1st or previous registration under this scheme.

This system will not only facilitate overseas Pakistanis and foreign nationals coming to Pakistan on a short-term basis but will also create a positive image of the country. Likewise, the checks introduced under this system will ensure that only the genuine overseas Pakistani/foreign national avails the said facility.

Published in Dawn, March 8th, 2022

excellent and much needed initiative.

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
Yeah, the old system was retarded. I mean if you wanted to go to Pakistan every year, either you had to buy another phone or pay up 32000 rupees. I hope they implement it wisely. In Pakistan, things are implemented very poorly.

Nai-subeh

Voter (50+ posts)
I came in country on 3rd March but till today unable to register my mobile temporarily. When I call on PTA help line I was informed that only passengers arriving after 8th March are eligible for this facility. Because I came five days earlier so I have to pay 73000 either to unlock my mobile or to buy a new one.

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
I came in country on 3rd March but till today unable to register my mobile temporarily. When I call on PTA help line I was informed that only passengers arriving after 8th March are eligible for this facility. Because I came five days earlier so I have to pay 73000 either to unlock my mobile or to buy a new one.
why 73000 is it for one phone? I hope it is not just for on phone, I am planning to go in ramazan and I just got my new s22 ultra.

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
why 73000 is it for one phone? I hope it is not just for on phone, I am planning to go in ramazan and I just got my new s22 ultra.
Tax is Based on its USD cost, iphone is 77000.
I just came from Pakistan last week, 2 monts no issue with my new mobile. When i returned i got a message in 30 says PTA registration will expire, please pay tax and activet your phone.
PTA has made it so ease.
I have tenant in Pakistan who go to Bankok, Duabi and Singapore every month and bring suit cases full of mobile phones. He was paying bribe to officials only 10-15% of the cost.