Tamgha-i-Imtiaz for Wasim Akram

lala123

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Wasim Akram's nomination for Tagha-i-Imtiaz is highly controversial. He has been involved in match fixing all his life. His father in law was abducted by bookies after he failed to throw the match once. It is well known fact. World cup 1996 match etc.....

His name is included in Justice Qayyum report for match fixing as well. He is lucky not to be in jail:

In the report Justice Qayyum said, "The evidence against Wasim Akram has not come up to the requisite level, primarily because of Ata-ur-Rehman's perjuring himself. This Commission is willing to give him the benefit of doubt. However, there has been some evidence to cast doubt on his integrity. As such, this Commission recommends that he be removed from the captaincy of the Pakistan Cricket Team and a person of impeccable character be appointed. Moreover, he should be censured, kept under watch and his finances should be investigated."
In 2006 Justice Qayyum told ESPNcricinfo that "a soft corner" for Akram might have influenced him in the punishment he handed out. That would imply, however, that Akram got off lightly rather than that there was no basis to the charges, as the PCB now seems to be suggesting

What will be next Salman Butt and Salim Malik also getting Tamgha-i-Imtiaz? Really low performance by PTI

Khan125

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Wasim Akram's nomination for Tagha-i-Imtiaz is highly controversial. He has been involved in match fixing all his life. His father in law was abducted by bookies after he failed to throw the match once. It is well known fact. World cup 1996 match etc.....

His name is included in Justice Qayyum report for match fixing as well. He is lucky not to be in jail:

In the report Justice Qayyum said, "The evidence against Wasim Akram has not come up to the requisite level, primarily because of Ata-ur-Rehman's perjuring himself. This Commission is willing to give him the benefit of doubt. However, there has been some evidence to cast doubt on his integrity. As such, this Commission recommends that he be removed from the captaincy of the Pakistan Cricket Team and a person of impeccable character be appointed. Moreover, he should be censured, kept under watch and his finances should be investigated."
In 2006 Justice Qayyum told ESPNcricinfo that "a soft corner" for Akram might have influenced him in the punishment he handed out. That would imply, however, that Akram got off lightly rather than that there was no basis to the charges, as the PCB now seems to be suggesting

What will be next Salman Butt and Salim Malik also getting Tamgha-i-Imtiaz? Really low performance by PTI
Lagey hathoon NS ko b tmgha de dain

lala123

Poor performance by Imran Khan. Wasim AKram was kept away from PCB and such laurels like Tamghai-Imtiaz etc since he has highly controversial background. IK is making weird decisions.

As such, this Commission recommends that he be removed from the captaincy of the Pakistan Cricket Team and a person of impeccable character be appointed. Moreover, he should be censured, kept under watch and his finances should be investigated.

????? PTI ?

Last edited:

Londoner/Lahori

Minister (2k+ posts)
92 world cup final, JAVED MIANDAD stayed on and anchored a MATCH WINNING partnership with IMRAN, Javed deserve the recognition.. I TRULY WISH TO START CAMPAIGN FOR MIANDAD,
I am no fan of wasim, upon his retirement BBC signed a contract worth millions of pounds with Wasim, as soon his match fixing saga surfaced, BBC cancelled the contract without wasting time.

pkpatriot

Criteria of Tamghas is strange. Almost Every Tom and Jerrt in showbiz, singet every cricketer, journalist etc. gets awards
Why not Teachers, Professionals etc
Not more than one per year for a category
It should be categories wise..
Education
Medical Profession
Agriculture
Industry
Sports
Even studenst etc.

fawad ali

Wasim Akram was punished was match fixing. The judge said if he was not a fan of wasim, his punishment would have been more.

Complete Sense

Minister (2k+ posts)
The problem in our country Pakistan is that no body is sincere with their job. Because of bad politics and politician all our state machineries are stale. We all know what is the professional character of Justice Qayyum. Although i am not a big fan of Wasim Akram, but no doubt he beacme an icon of our country and has respect all over the world because of God gifted talent he has.

lala123

Might as well reward Nawaz Sharif as well. Such corrupt sportsmen receive jail sentences in US and UK.
As per tribunal he is a corrupt person. Now he will get into PCB and spread the virus of corruption

SaRashid

Minister (2k+ posts)
نیازی اس سٹے باز کمینے کو اس لیے تمغہ دینا چاہتا ہے تاکہ مانیکا کے بعد سٹے باز کی بیگم بھی چرا سکے۔

SaRashid

Minister (2k+ posts)
ایک تمغۂ حسن کارکردگی اپنی علیمہ باجی کو بھی دے دو جس نے سونے کے انڈے دینے والی سلائی مشین ایجاد کی ہے۔

lala123

نیازی اس سٹے باز کمینے کو اس لیے تمغہ دینا چاہتا ہے تاکہ مانیکا کے بعد سٹے باز کی بیگم بھی چرا سکے۔
Yes, after tribunal report there is no doubt that Wasim is guilty. He was kept out of PCB for this very reason. he is lucky to not be in jail.

This will encourage satay bazi