Take The Lead

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear all
"The path to success lies in doing the common things uncommonly well."
I read it somewhere and it rings true to me.
True Leaders are the people who lead by example. Every one of us can be a leader, take the lead in the small matters of everyday life aound us and start to make a difference. Spend 2-3 hrs a week on volunteering our time on issues which bother us so much. Some of the things that come to my mind are;
1) Just go around the street that we live in and pick up the trash lying around.
2) Volunteer to teach in schools, for the poor especially ,1-2 or 3 hrs a week as the schedule allows, help them to learn and understand science ,math, history, geography Islamiat,Pakistan studies even english or another language.
3) Help the children do their homework in school especially those kids who come from poor, uneducated families.
Just imagine even if one of the students that we have helped is inspired by us and turns out to be a productive citizen ,it will be a sadka-e-jariya.
Hazrat Ali siad and I qoute" Jis nay tum ko ek lafz bhi sikhaa diya to woh tumhara ustad hai" .
I am sure the young ones can think of many many different ways to lead. So go out there and capture your dream, your Jannah.
You will be surprised how satisfying and enjoyable it is and the gratitude and the pride of the young children who will look up to you is a most powerful force.

armani

Minister (2k+ posts)
A wonderful thought.
The only hindrance in practicing this thought is our ego. In our country we have a status-meter. We fight for our place in status ranking. Our status phobia makes it hard for us to pick a trash from a road side or sit on the ground and teach some words to a kid in a torn apart qameez.
For once if I empower myself on my ego that this is my nation, these are my kids and these are my roads, this amazing thought will itself make us practice it.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
armani said:
A wonderful thought.
The only hindrance in practicing this thought is our ego. In our country we have a status-meter. We fight for our place in status ranking. Our status phobia makes it hard for us to pick a trash from a road side or sit on the ground and teach some words to a kid in a torn apart qameez.
For once if I empower myself on my ego that this is my nation, these are my kids and these are my roads, this amazing thought will itself make us practice it.

The first step in the right direction is always the thought and insight to recognize the problem and you have hit bulls eye.
Another thing is to remember that it is the first step which is always the hardest but if we dare to take that step many are willing to follow it just because another person is doing it already and it does not seem so different any more.
Naikey kay kam main der naheen karnee chaheyay.
Just walk out the door as soon as you find time even if it is for ten minutes the first time .