"Suspensions necessary for crickets future" - Imran

Adeel

Founder
khan.jpg

Legendary cricketer Imran Khan is upset by the suspensions of three Pakistani cricketers involved in spot-fixing but says they were necessary for the future of the sport.

An International Cricket Council (ICC) tribunal banned former Pakistan captain Salman Butt for 10 years, with five years suspended, bowler Mohammad Asif for seven years, with two suspended and teenage paceman Mohammad Amir for five years.

The trio were charged for spot-fixing in the fourth Test against England at Lords last August after an expose by British newspaper News of the World newspaper.

I am genuinely upset over the bans on three key, young and talented players, Khan was quoted as saying.

But once the players were proven guilty a punishment has to be given for the sake of cricket in general and for the sake of Pakistan cricket in particular. Khan said the tainted trio would have been an asset to Pakistan in the upcoming World Cup.

I feel sad for Amir, who is probably the best young fast bowler in the world at the moment and had a long way to go, he said.

Asif is one of the best new ball bowlers and Butt is a solid opener, so with these three key players Pakistan would have done very well in the World Cup, but that is not to be.

According to ICC, the start of the bans would be backdated to September 2 to include the period of provisional suspension already served by the players.

The players also face criminal charges and have been scheduled to appear in a UK court next month.
spacer.gif

source

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
IK is right.

No comparison between the present cricketers and the IK.

IK was oxford graduate. and these the martic fail criminals.

IK belongs to a very great family. Family makes a great difference in building character.

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
IK is right.

IK belongs to a very great family. Family makes a great difference in building character.[/QUOTE]

Benazir Bhutto was in Oxford too, ONLY corruptted people can afford to go and pay the FEES of Oxford.

You guys are ghulam specially people of Punjab. You should learn from people of Karachi where middle class POOR man can sit in all rich people in Islambad. Learn nd OPEN your eyes and vote for MQM in Punjab and change the system

Pakistani92

Senator (1k+ posts)
Sala kia macharo jais adath hay bay yeh teri tu kisi bhi cheez mein gandagi na bhi ho waha **** pehla kar phir usi pay khud he beth kar usay chatnay lagta hai....

Kaisa insan hay tu yaar, pata nai hai bhi kay nai......

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
IK is right.

IK belongs to a very great family. Family makes a great difference in building character.[/QUOTE]

Benazir Bhutto was in Oxford too, ONLY corruptted people can afford to go and pay the FEES of Oxford.

You guys are ghulam specially people of Punjab. You should learn from people of Karachi where middle class POOR man can sit in all rich people in Islambad. Learn nd OPEN your eyes and vote for MQM in Punjab and change the system

They might be corrupt but not killer like Altaf.... So you mean to say that Poor person should be a Killer but not Corrupt... What a Statement?

saeed khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
IK is right.

faira786 sb

Please read the last line of paragraph."Family makes a great difference in building character"
There is no comparison between IK father and Benazir father.
I hope you know what Benazir`s forefathers did and why they were awarded lands by British umpire.
ZAB nationalised everything but did not nationalise lands because he was a landlord. In our country 75% population works on lands but he was worried for 25% population.
If he did not nationalise our industry Pakistan could be in very good financial position.

saliaz

MPA (400+ posts)
IK is right.

Benazir Bhutto was in Oxford too,
ONLY corruptted people can afford to go and pay the FEES of Oxford.

No Brother you are wrong here, thats not true. I am living in the UK for few years now and have managed to pay my fee from my job while doing my masters at oxford as my parents could not afford to pay my fee.

And one more thing, i am not from Karachi, infact i am from lahore born to migrant parents but i always consider myself a Pakistani only.

Please learn to tolerate and respect other! just a humble request and not looking for an argument here so dont bother responding!!!